DD-WRT FIRMWARE CHANGELOG

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
mishtag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which release is the most stable for TP Link WDR4300 v.1? I am and I basic user looking for a strong signal, fast transmission and no drops. Thanks in advance,
Sponsor
-luke-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 22:18    Post subject: release for TP Link WDR4300 Reply with quote
Hey.

I have the exact same router and use the release 29739 on it with no problems, for some weeks now. To get the most of what you want (performance) you have to make some configurations... It's not that easy to just install a special release I would say!

It took me hours to get the best possible 5GHz connection between the router and my notebook. That is to say it depends on the specific hardware you want to connect too! In my case a Ralink WLAN USB Adapter for my notebook.

Blessings!
mishtag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks luke for your answer, but looks like the configuration is the one million dollar question, trying different releases drive me crazy since each one has a problem, and I tried to play with the configuration with no luck, so would you please provide me your configuration setup, I know it depends on users connected devices but it will not heart. Thanks in advance,

Luke, to make my question simple, what did you change from the default setting?

Last edited by mishtag on Fri Jun 17, 2016 19:04; edited 1 time in total
-luke-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:30    Post subject: Einstellungen Reply with quote
Ich tippe mal deutsch ist dir vertraut?

If you do not understand german I will edit the post of course!

Also mein nvram.bak teile ich nicht, nein.

Ich bin auch alles andere als Profi in Sachen DD-WRT.
Hab zwar inzwischen einiges umsetzen können, weiß aber bei einigen Einstellungen z.B. nicht "warum" es so funktioniert..

Aber zwei Tipps:

- in den Netzwerkeinstellungen kannst du selbst DNS Server festlegen, das würde ich an deiner Stelle tun.
Das Tool unten ist dir dabei behilflich die für deinen Standort schnellsten zu finden.

- die optimalen WLAN Einstellungen solltest du mit einem Tool wie inSSIDer ermitteln da insbesondere der 2,4GHz-Bereich naja.... in dichten Wohngebieten das reinste Schlachtfeld ist. Die Kanalbelegung sollte definitiv angepasst werden! Bei mir siehts wie folgt aus

Mit diesen Einstellungen und dem genannten USB Adapter von Ralink bekomm ich immerhin eine Sendeleistung von 15dBm bei 5GHz und ca. 10MB/s Durchsatz hin. Kleinste Änderungen bewirken ein Sinken der Leistung (weiß nicht warum) oder machen 5GHz bei mir ganz unmöglich (Win10 tut sein übriges..)
un1versal
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there going to be any changelogs for the builds on main post?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
un1versal wrote:
Are there going to be any changelogs for the builds on main post?

I will do my best to update the changelog tonight. I've been very busy during the past two weeks IRL.

un1versal
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks, surely appreciated.
-luke-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:45    Post subject: einstellungen / configuration Reply with quote
@ mishtag : were my suggestions worthful, applicable für you
-luke-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:53    Post subject: appreciation Reply with quote
and...

appreciations and thank you very much KrypteX!!!!

for your invested time and your perseverance!

you do a very time-eating and important job, for so many users!

thx alot!! greetings!
mishtag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
luke, unfortunately, I don't understand German, please translate, and BTW, I have updated my router to that release and so far, it looks good, however, I am still interested in knowing your setup, it might improve the router performance.
-luke-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 22:55    Post subject: configuration Reply with quote
your welcome!

i will not share my nvram.bak, sorry, and i am not a pro related to dd-wrt! but...

i see you already have downloaded the tool dns jumper,
i asked the creators of this tool to implement a list of thousand dns servers. you SHOULD assign your own (the two fastest) DNS servers in the network configuration!

further you should analyze the wlan "situation" in your house! in common flats it is almost always a disaster. use a tool like inSSIDer to do the job. it will make suggestions which channel(s) you should use for best performance.

often i can get the best performance after hours of testing, but i dont know "why" it works this way!

with the configuration you see in the snipshot i have the best performance in 5GHz range.. 15dBm and a datarate of 10mb/s... every change i make causes less performance (lower transmit power). i can't tell you why. try it for your own, experiment with it! inSSIDer will help you, and sending some files through network shares will show you the best result.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

greetings!
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
inssider is bad now, they turned into money hoggers, & the program isnt very accurate anymore either. use acrylic wifi scanner or lizard systems wifi scanner.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

-luke-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
just use the latest freeware version of it!

v3.1

It's good and delivers all information you need!

greetz

PS: prefer cocaine, dance like a machine (vitalic Wink
jwoods
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
inssider is bad now, they turned into money hoggers, & the program isnt very accurate anymore either. use acrylic wifi scanner or lizard systems wifi scanner.

Thanks for mentioning LizardSystems Wi-Fi Scanner.

Just installed...nice tool.

http://lizardsystems.com/wi-fi-scanner/
-luke-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:11    Post subject: LizardSystems Wi-Fi Scanner Reply with quote
ok, after ten days you have to register...
and there is a personal licence available
think "10minutemail" will do this job fine! ^^

it's worth a try

.... yea it does Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 6
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: