firmware recommendation for WNR3500l (v1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cpgeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 14:00    Post subject: firmware recommendation for WNR3500l (v1) Reply with quote
Hello!

I have a Netgear WNR3500L (v1). I've had it for a while and i've been running a hugely outdated version of dd-wrt (build 14929).

For security and feature improvements I would very much like to upgrade my firmware (heartbleed, improved qos, ip filter settings modification, etc.) but each time I test out a new firmware, (with obligatory 30-30-30 factory reset between each and manual reconfiguration), I run into a situation where the router will just lock up for no apartment reason. power will remain on, the status lights don't change, but it simply will not route any traffic, hand out ip addresses, etc. - completely locked up. sometimes after a while it'll reboot itself, other times, I have to power it down and back up again before it's usable. I've also had a strange bug where with medium traffic levels (i'm on a "100/5" connection that tests at 65/4 most of the time) the cpu on the router will be pinned at 100% to the point of taking forever to load the config page, and when i try to telnet in it takes forever to process commands, but i can get in and reboot it. idk what's up with that.

I've tried most recently with firmware build 26653-big and 25648-big with the same result. 25648 seems to have made it last a bit longer between lockups, but it's still unusable. For now, I think i'm going to investigate tomato, but I'd really rather use a stable build of dd-wrt if i can. what are people who have wnr3500l (v1) running here with success?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: