TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client bridged doesn't require a wired connection. I have an rt-ac66u that is bridged using the 5ghz radio with my main router and the 2.4ghz radio is an ap set on G. They are a floor apart.
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Client bridged doesn't require a wired connection. I have an rt-ac66u that is bridged using the 5ghz radio with my main router and the 2.4ghz radio is an ap set on G. They are a floor apart.

Sure, but it is a far inferior solution.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yemble wrote:
Malachi wrote:

How is inferior? He said he was trying to bridge the 2 5ghz radios. That's what I have done using client bridged.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Yemble wrote:
Malachi wrote:

How is inferior? He said he was trying to bridge the 2 5ghz radios. That's what I have done using client bridged.

Malachi: Thanks for the clarification.

The WDS solution is still going strong as of this morning, although there was one disconnection which required the secondary router to be rebooted. However, it re-established the bridge within half a minute, so I think the Wireless mode must have been the issue preventing this previously.

Yemble: I'm also curious as to why the Client-Bridged solution might be considered inferior - could you share?
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Yemble wrote:
Malachi wrote:

In EVERY conceivable way. No wireless connection can ever be superior to a hard wired connection, period.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's not what we were talking about. So your comment is not valid here.
The only option for him was wds or client bridged.
You made it sound like client bridged was inferior to wds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yemble wrote:
In EVERY conceivable way. No wireless connection can ever be superior to a hard wired connection, period.

A working WDS connection, is far superior to an impossible-to-deploy hardwired connection as far as I'm concerned. Wink

BTW: The WDS bridge has been solid for a couple of days now, which is longer than any of the three versions of the TP-LINK firmware I tried managed to achieve.
And I've got direct VPN on tap too, so DD-WRT has certainly met my objectives.
johnlo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
GuitsBoy wrote:
Has anybody had any real luck with a firmware newer than Christmas Eve of last year (12-24-2015-r28598)? Every time I stray to something newer, I have major problems with it, like wifi stability, or openvpn not working. I always wind up going back to 12/24/15.

I've never had these kind of release to release problems crop up before. Every other router I've run dd-wrt on has been nearly flawless. Just curious if everyone else is having luck with a newer release.

I've been on r29519 std (04/25/16) for 85 straight days. All working well.

Anyone on anything newer? We'd love to hear success stories.
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
johnlo wrote:
GuitsBoy wrote:
Has anybody had any real luck with a firmware newer than Christmas Eve of last year (12-24-2015-r28598)? Every time I stray to something newer, I have major problems with it, like wifi stability, or openvpn not working. I always wind up going back to 12/24/15.

I've never had these kind of release to release problems crop up before. Every other router I've run dd-wrt on has been nearly flawless. Just curious if everyone else is having luck with a newer release.

I've been on r29519 std (04/25/16) for 85 straight days. All working well.

Anyone on anything newer? We'd love to hear success stories.

Tried an older one seemed good except OpenVPN wasn't auto connecting on boot. On the latest now and is working very nice. No problems.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:44    Post subject: Random reboots with minidlna and usb-hd? Reply with quote
I have been trying to make MY TP-Link Archer C9 V1 work with minidlna and an attached usb hd.

However, it seems the cpu temperature rises by about 5C, to 81C when the USB drive is in use, thus triggering random reboots.

Does anyone know of an stable build which can be solid enough as to allow me to run minidlna?

Thanks
greenwrthorn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:59    Post subject: using the latest build Reply with quote
hello, i just flashed from DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)-->to--> DD-WRT v3.0-r30771 (10/18/16)

everything seems to be ok so far, if anything changes/ comes up i will report it here
greenwrthorn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:24    Post subject: Re: Random reboots with minidlna and usb-hd? Reply with quote
relima wrote:
I have been trying to make MY TP-Link Archer C9 V1 work with minidlna and an attached usb hd.

However, it seems the cpu temperature rises by about 5C, to 81C when the USB drive is in use, thus triggering random reboots.

Does anyone know of an stable build which can be solid enough as to allow me to run minidlna?

Thanks

dude i had a similar problem, my C9 would re index everything on the hard drive at every reboot, and it took an hour or so,and the harddrive would constantly be spinning, and by the end it would be so hot that eventually i would just remove it the usb out of fear of cooking the processor...... i think i have found a solution tho.
what i did was add a jffs partition to my hard drive (its has to be in EXT format.... i formated mine in EXT2, and its 2GB in size which is definitly overkill lol) and i formated the remainder of my drive in EXT3, and used this partition as my "storage" partition.

now my drive only spins when i am using it, my processor has not been above 70% since then. and its alway plugged in. even after reboot it will only spin for like a minute or so.

i should also not that i under-clocked the processor to 600MHz (because in summer its way too hot)

i hope this helps
greenwrthorn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:41    Post subject: Re: using the latest build Reply with quote
greenwrthorn wrote:
hello, i just flashed from DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)-->to--> DD-WRT v3.0-r30771 (10/18/16)

everything seems to be ok so far, if anything changes/ comes up i will report it here

One thing i have noticed, on my old build, when playing videos from the attached storage on my phone using ftp, i couldn't skip along the video because it would freeze and i would have to play from start to finish, however how i can and the response is almost immediate Smile
Shinobi82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi everyone. i'm totally new here but i hope you can give me some advice. i just bought an archer c9 and want to install dd-wrt (obviously).

which version is the latest and where can i download it?

I'm a bit lost here right now...

Thanks a lot!
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shinobi82 wrote:
hi everyone. i'm totally new here but i hope you can give me some advice. i just bought an archer c9 and want to install dd-wrt (obviously).

which version is the latest and where can i download it?

I'm a bit lost here right now...

Thanks a lot!

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 46 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: