[Asus RT-N66U] Problems with WPA2 - Repeater Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
LMC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:30    Post subject: [Asus RT-N66U] Problems with WPA2 - Repeater Bridge Reply with quote
Howdy!

Just bought 2 Asus RT-N66U routers and I'm having some problems. My current build is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/04/15) mega
(SVN revision 26138M).
I decided to connect them in repeater bridge. No problems here, everything works like a charm. But as soon I connected them using wifi security WPA2 Personal AES I got regular disconnections [almost every 10 min or so]. To go back online, I must swith off/on my primary router. What I've found out so far is the channel mixture. For example:
-my primary router has under Satus > Wireless assigned channel 6 for wl0 and 116 + 120 channel for wl1
- while the client has channel 8 for wl0 and channel 38 for wl1

Could this be the culprit Rolling Eyes

Under Wireless Security I changed Key Renewal Interval from 3600 to 15 and back on both routers, but there was no improvement. For Repeater Bridge settings I followed this how to.

Edit: In Setup > Advanced Routing > Operating Mode on the primary router must be set to Gateway and for the client to Router, right?
Sponsor
LMC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
After switching off/on the primary router, everything works perfectly. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: