D-Link DIR-860L A1: Known defects

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
luckyseven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wondering what kind of speeds people are getting using a vpn with this router. I flashed Kongs 30560M I also get the same disappearing 5GHz ssid but devices still connect to it.
I have a 120/20 connection. With dlink firmware I easily hit full speed on 5GHz but with kongs 3056m and openvpn I max out at 20/20 wired and wireless. I've tried the other firmwares mentioned here but kongs is the fastest.

What speeds are you getting with vpn? Using vpn software/apps instead of on router I consistently hit 40+/20

any thoughts?

Thanks!
Sponsor
KickMeElmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
We have an updated Kong firmware (31980M), as of five days ago. Haven't tested the more advanced features, but for standard usage it still runs beautifully. CPU does still run around 72C, but that's true of all DD-WRT builds from the look of it.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=309108
Dragonmichael68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Latest Official Dlink Firmware 1.11b01 for our 860L A1 Compliments of Russia. lol

http://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DIR-860L/Firmware/

Currently running on Kongs Latest version, so far so good, UI randomly decides to disable itself after reboots sometimes, but a quick ssh reboot fixes it, also noticed in Kongs version Overclocking preference is removed, anyway to get that back?
manoamuppet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those interested, the current beta build of dd-wrt ( DD-WRT v3.0-r33342 std (09/09/17)) appears to work fully with the DIR860L-A1. I have tested most everything aside from using the WAN port and everything works (including virtual interfaces and SMB on a USB drive). There is a weird issue when if I change any settings my Apple TV will have difficulty connecting to 5Ghz, however this can be resolved by rebooting dd-wrt.
Dragonmichael68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I surprisingly haven't had that issue with my ATV4 but if it's an Apple TV 2/3 I have seen that but I looked it up and Apple has the wireless chip of the ATV 3,2 I have in the bedroom locked to just a few "popular" bands get you optimal confit upper upper lower lower lower upper or upper lower and look up your ATV and find what bands it's capable of and pick your best one, only devices that give me trouble are my ATV model 3,2 and my PS3s, I have G,N setup for those 2 as a legacy connection(only 3 devices connect to it and no interference here) and AC 5GHz for everything else in the house lol
Pigmey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
manoamuppet wrote:
For those interested, the current beta build of dd-wrt ( DD-WRT v3.0-r33342 std (09/09/17)) appears to work fully with the DIR860L-A1. I have tested most everything aside from using the WAN port and everything works (including virtual interfaces and SMB on a USB drive). There is a weird issue when if I change any settings my Apple TV will have difficulty connecting to 5Ghz, however this can be resolved by rebooting dd-wrt.

When installing the latest firmware, is the transmission installed immediately? Or should it be installed separately?
egreid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
manoamuppet wrote:

Are you finding that the time get sets properly? It doesn't seem to get set on my DIR-860L A1, nor does it allow me to specify the DST period. I have also updated to R34777 the most current beta and it is the same. Is this a known problem? will it be corrected?
I should add that it is the wireless mode of Client-Bridge when the time and date are not being set. On the status - router page it says 'Not available' for the current time.
I am using the 5G band as the client-bridge and the 2.5 band as the AP.
When in Client mode it does get the time and date.

Last edited by egreid on Wed Feb 07, 2018 17:06; edited 2 times in total
Niklv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 22:28    Post subject: Lost 5ghz settings Reply with quote
Hi

Have a problem with a DIR860L-A1.

Updated 2 y.o. version of ddwrt to latest build. And page section with 5ghz settings has lost.
https://imgur.com/a/YSfr0

How I can restore it?

Also can anyone share pic with wifi settings for 800mbit+ link speed for 5ghz and 300mbit for 2.4?
manoamuppet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r33345 std (09/11/17), and I see the 5ghz settings. I've been to scared to update to the latest builds.

I'm not exactly sure how to get the proper link speeds. I use 80 mhz channels and see 433 mbps listed as the rate. You can try 160mhz channels, but I'm not sure which client devices will even use it.
Niklv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
manoamuppet wrote:
I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r33345 std (09/11/17), and I see the 5ghz settings. I've been to scared to update to the latest builds.

I'm not exactly sure how to get the proper link speeds. I use 80 mhz channels and see 433 mbps listed as the rate. You can try 160mhz channels, but I'm not sure which client devices will even use it.

Hi. Will try that build. I already try 160mhz channel, but it looks like a bug in firmware, cause router did not support it.

Do you have screenshots of: Status -> Wireless ?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
VHT80 may also fail because you have selected an ilegal combination of Upper/Lower and a Channel Number.
Niklv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
VHT80 may also fail because you have selected an ilegal combination of Upper/Lower and a Channel Number.

Yes, but it disapeared after a day from router flash.

When I pick upper/lower, I push "Save", and then pick channels and hit "Apply Settings"
redL1nE_87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys,who knows which build of ddwrt is more stable for now?What about latest?
manoamuppet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
redL1nE_87 wrote:
Guys,who knows which build of ddwrt is more stable for now?What about latest?

I'm using the latest beta (DD-WRT v3.0-r35898 std (05/07/1Cool) as an access point, and so far everything seems to work OK. There is the old bug that the time is wrong, but that doesn't bother me.
vnuEndru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does this router support armhf? Is it posible to compile armhf version of ddwrt for it? My goal is to croot armhf version of debian.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: