D-Link DIR-860L A1: Known defects

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
magiik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was configuring OpenVPN and it seemed to have messed up my dd-wrt. So I tried to figure out a way to reset settings. I tried without much success, and ended up flashing factory firmware onto the device using CFE (hold reset on power up).

Now I'm trying to get back to dd-wrt and I can't figure out how to get it working. I've tried all various versions of the v3.0 builds in the downloads page. I can't go directly to dd-wrt using either CFE firmware upload or factory firmware upload, so I first load factory-to-ddwrt.bin. After I load that it acts just like it did after the OpenVPN bricked settings.

I'm guessing some settings are stuck in NVRAM and whenever any of these versions of dd-wrt load up it locks up just like before.

Does anyone have any ideas on getting dd-wrt to ignore or reset the settings it has. (If this is even the right trail I'm going down...). Or do I need to get a 3.3V RS232 serial and connect into the board to do an NVRAM erase?

I feel like there should be some easier way to reset everything back to defaults. I've tried all kinds of weird things, like sending out a zero'd out firmware file in both factory firmware upload and CFE. I've tried sending out zero'd out file to the language pack upload section. I've nmap scanned all the ports during CFE firmware upload mode and only find port 80. I tried to look into TFTP, but I havn't seen anything there - don't see any TFTP packets in wireshark when I boot the device (though I didn't try with my computer plugged into the WAN port).

Anyone got any thoughts? I'd really like to get dd-wrt running again on my router
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: