Help for a bricked F7D4302 Play Belkin router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
DGCR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 13:29    Post subject: Help for a bricked F7D4302 Play Belkin router Reply with quote
Hello everyone, a while back I put DD-WRT on my Belkin D7D4302 router, but found that I wasn't satisfied with it because of the sheer ammout of options it added. I tried reverting it back to the original firmware but instead of loading the F7D4302 firmware I accidentally loaded the F7D4301 firmware and got it bricked. I tried the 30/30/30 reset right after it bricked and it didn't work. I also tried connecting to it trough Wi-Fi and cable but to no avail. I've tried following the instructions of several debricking routines such as accessing with putty and tftpd but none worked. I've looked trough this forum with the search option but didn't find anything, so I decided to post here after reading the rules.

I'd love it if anyone could help me with instructions on how to fix this, and if possible tone down the instructions into a understandable terminology since I am still limited on that part.

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if the answer is obvious but still hidden from me.

Specs:
Belkin Play wireless router, model F7D4302. Sucsessfuly flashed into DD-WRT before brick.
2.4 and 5 GHz. VPN support, PPTP, IPSec pass-trough.
1x WAN, 4xLAN, 1xUSB drives. Supports USB hard drives formatted in FAT 16/32 and NTFS file systems. supports USB printers.

Problem:
Brick, lights don't even flash, still warms up when left with power on.

Misc.:
I have already opened it up in case anything has to be done inside it. Warranty already ran out.

Again, thanks for any help in advance, altough I would, if possible, keep this DYI due to my previous experiences with online shopping.
Sponsor
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 13:44    Post subject: Usually You Can Recover The F7D4302 Reply with quote
You can set a static ip for your pc or laptop to 192.168.2.5 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.2.1 no need for dns. Open a command prompt on your pc or laptop ping the default gateway type "ping 192.168.2.1 - t"(to stop ping press crtl-c) without quotes press enter then with the power plug pulled out of the belkin hold the reset down plug the power in while holding the reset for 15 seconds let go or you'll see a response on the command prompt either way let the reset go when you see a response open your browser to the 192.168.2.1 there you should be able to see the cfe mini server be sure to put the correct build in or you'll have to repeat the process. I've come to know that the belkin really can't be bricked and can be recovered. I guy from the tomato community helped me awhile back on this issue.
DGCR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:24    Post subject: Re: Usually You Can Recover The F7D4302 Reply with quote
native_tx wrote:
You can set a static ip for your pc or laptop to 192.168.2.5 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.2.1 no need for dns. Open a command prompt on your pc or laptop ping the default gateway type "ping 192.168.2.1 - t"(to stop ping press crtl-c) without quotes press enter then with the power plug pulled out of the belkin hold the reset down plug the power in while holding the reset for 15 seconds let go or you'll see a response on the command prompt either way let the reset go when you see a response open your browser to the 192.168.2.1 there you should be able to see the cfe mini server be sure to put the correct build in or you'll have to repeat the process. I've come to know that the belkin really can't be bricked and can be recovered. I guy from the tomato community helped me awhile back on this issue.

Thanks for the reply, but sadly, the way you described didn't work.

I changed my IPv4's static IP to the one you mentioned, my subnet mask is already like that, and I set my default gateway to 192.162.2.1, then I turned my computer's wi-fi off and started pinging the IP (-t or - t? it didn't work either way). I'm responded with timed outs and, when I turn my router off and hold the reset button, with destination unreachables. I still tried to connect to 192.168.2.1 in my browser but it's still not working.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hope you reply
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 19:04    Post subject: It Can Be Tricky Reply with quote
you can do an ip address of 192.168.1.1 also but the 192.168.2.1 is the original ip address for the CFE Server for the belkin make the changes in your setup for command prompt and ethernet adapter hold on down the reset button for 5 seconds then release the button but as you do take notice of the ping to see you are getting a response. 30-30-30 technique sometimes puts the router to default but in this case get to the CFE mini server and install the correct firmware.
davidhaworth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:21    Post subject: Re: Usually You Can Recover The F7D4302 Reply with quote
native_tx wrote:

THIS WORKED FOR ME. I was stunned to find it and am very grateful to the OP. I noticed that I couldn't seem to access the routers cfc when using Opera browser but could with Microsofts Edge.
In the past I had a bricked Belkin and had to scrap it as otherwise it would have been j tagging this and that but this just worked.
It does take a while for the flash to laod and it looks for around 4 or 5 minutes that nothing is happening but then you see that the continuous ping has stopped (because the routers ip has changed to 192.168.1.1) and you get an uploaded message.
I left it for a further 5 minutes and then did a 30-30-30 reset. Then changed my static ip back to auto and it worked. I joined to say thanks for this really helpful post.
Thinking about this its similar in a way to D-Links emergency room.
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:58    Post subject: Re: Usually You Can Recover The F7D4302 Reply with quote
davidhaworth wrote:
native_tx wrote:

THIS WORKED FOR ME. I was stunned to find it and am very grateful to the OP. I noticed that I couldn't seem to access the routers cfc when using Opera browser but could with Microsofts Edge.
In the past I had a bricked Belkin and had to scrap it as otherwise it would have been j tagging this and that but this just worked.
It does take a while for the flash to laod and it looks for around 4 or 5 minutes that nothing is happening but then you see that the continuous ping has stopped (because the routers ip has changed to 192.168.1.1) and you get an uploaded message.
I left it for a further 5 minutes and then did a 30-30-30 reset. Then changed my static ip back to auto and it worked. I joined to say thanks for this really helpful post.
Thinking about this its similar in a way to D-Links emergency room.

As you may have noticed also that using microsoft edge worked for you as well firefox but it does have problems when using chrome as it didn't in the past? Normally I wait about 3 min but 5 is fine, clearing nvram, i've done through telnet erase nvram && reboot, you done well. Native_tx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: