Linsys E1550 Flashing v24-25697_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1550

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Jesusv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:06    Post subject: Linsys E1550 Flashing v24-25697_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1550 Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm new to this and before I proceed with flashing my Linksys E1550 router with DD-WRT firmware I want to make sure if that is the most stable version to install. Also reason I wanted to flash my router was to use it for a bridge connection. Is that possible once flashed with mini or do I have to flash the big version? What big version would work?

I found the tutorial here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1550

It seems pretty straight forward. But I was reading other posts and I am wondering, do I need to setup static ip on my computer before doing the flash? Do I need to put the router in any special mode after doing the 30-30-30 reset?

I tried looking up the peacock announcement but it does not load. On that wiki it links to older versions of dd-wrt but my concern with older was the heartbleed problem. Its why I wanted to go with something newer that had the fix.

Thanks!
Sponsor
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
A mini build will work fine as a Client/Repeater Bridge.

I have never set up a static IP, I just upload the firmware and give it time to do its thing.

"DD-WRT started using the vulnerable code on 2012/04/29. Any DD-WRT build after (and including) 19163 has the flaw, and any build after (and including) 23882 has the fix." I believe it only affects Big and Mega builds with OpenVPN, though.

IMO, I would just upload the following build in the device's firmware page, wait 5-10 minutes, 30-30-30, and then one last hard reset. See if it suits your needs first then try a different build later.

http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1550.bin
Jesusv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
MongooseProXC wrote:
A mini build will work fine as a Client/Repeater Bridge.

I have never set up a static IP, I just upload the firmware and give it time to do its thing.

"DD-WRT started using the vulnerable code on 2012/04/29. Any DD-WRT build after (and including) 19163 has the flaw, and any build after (and including) 23882 has the fix." I believe it only affects Big and Mega builds with OpenVPN, though.

IMO, I would just upload the following build in the device's firmware page, wait 5-10 minutes, 30-30-30, and then one last hard reset. See if it suits your needs first then try a different build later.

http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1550.bin

Thanks! I went for it and installed it successfully. I waited 10 minutes after firmware install. I decided to also update to the mini v24-25697 and it works. Took me 20 minutes to figure out the bridge client to work on Windows 10 beta.

One thing I noticed that after i set up my PC to a static ip4 ip 192.168.1.10 then I am no longer able to get into the router with that PC if i go on browser to 192.168.1.1. Is that normal?
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, it's not normal. It might be easier to assign a static lease to your PC in the Services>Services page.
Jesusv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
MongooseProXC wrote:
No, it's not normal. It might be easier to assign a static lease to your PC in the Services>Services page.

Only reason I was trying to have a static ip was for another bridge that i was setting up. I reverted settings to Windows defaults and now I can't connect to my LinkSys E1550 router when I go to default ip 192.168.1.1 I tried it with two different computers in Windows 7 and Windows 10. Can't get into the router at all now. It still works as a client bridge but I wanted to go into its settings again. Do I need to reset it or am I suppose to assign certain ip to my pc to connect to router?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: