Linksys EA6350 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
blurryseeit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:20    Post subject: Router doesn't boot while breakout board connected Reply with quote
If I disconnect the breakout board it boots, if it is connected it doesn't boot. Haven't been able to find anything about this on google.
Sponsor
Quetzlcoatl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 16:21    Post subject: New to firmware flashing Reply with quote
Hey guys,
I have read through about 6 pages of advice and code and, while I believe I have a fairly firm grasp of the coding required, I am fuzzy on whether or not you can do this flashing from a usb stick, from the telnet server with the webflash.bin, or if you ABSOLUTELY MUST have a serial cable and strip your router down. This is for an EA6350v3 btw. Also, the only dd-wrt I have found is the beta version 28139. Any help in this regard would also be greatly appreciated.
guillaumedsde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 18:36    Post subject: Re: New to firmware flashing Reply with quote
Quetzlcoatl wrote:
Hey guys,
I have read through about 6 pages of advice and code and, while I believe I have a fairly firm grasp of the coding required, I am fuzzy on whether or not you can do this flashing from a usb stick, from the telnet server with the webflash.bin, or if you ABSOLUTELY MUST have a serial cable and strip your router down. This is for an EA6350v3 btw. Also, the only dd-wrt I have found is the beta version 28139. Any help in this regard would also be greatly appreciated.

It depends what you want to flash, if its simply the firmware, you need to flash a stripped version of ddwrt (should be available somewhere in the thread)then you can theoretically flash any firmware you want. however, Linksys has implemented a firmware rollback """security""" feature, which has not been broken on the v2 and v3 revisions of the router. Bypassing them on these revisions is the current problem this thread is stuck on.
Quetzlcoatl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 0:04    Post subject: New to Firmare Flashing Reply with quote
Okay...Thanks Guillamedsde. I will keep checking back on status, then. Freakin Linksys....My son's XBOX One uses up ALL of my 15mb/s speed...and microsoft didn't include a throttling capability that I have found. Already using the QoS feature but it is about worthless. If there is anything I can do to assist in solving this current problem with the v3 router, just let me know.
nicegamer7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would this work?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1009864#1009864
Just replace the second DD-WRT flash with one for this model. Also I am on a V2. Under the beta FTP folder I am only finding builds for the V1 do these work on the V2?
makaisson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone.

My ISP provided me with "advanced router" - Linksys EA6350 v2 on FW 2.1.1.168234.

Clearly, opinion on what is advanced can be discussed.

Reading through this thread I am not 100% sure I can go to custom FW, which I would much prefer. I stumbled on post by nicegamer7 few posts back linking to procedure how to get DD-WRT on EA6400.

Buying something is always an option, but if I can salvage what I have, why not.

Can anyone explain if there is a way to get custom FW on this advanced router? I fairly good with taking things apart and would not be afraid of doing any of the things mentioned in this thread.
guillaumedsde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
nicegamer7 wrote:
Would this work?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1009864#1009864
Just replace the second DD-WRT flash with one for this model. Also I am on a V2. Under the beta FTP folder I am only finding builds for the V1 do these work on the V2?

I don't know, you could try, but by the looks of it the board of the 6400 looks quite different from the 6350. I suggest googling around trying to find out if they have the same chipset.

makaisson wrote:
Hi everyone.

My ISP provided me with "advanced router" - Linksys EA6350 v2 on FW 2.1.1.168234.

Clearly, opinion on what is advanced can be discussed.

Reading through this thread I am not 100% sure I can go to custom FW, which I would much prefer. I stumbled on post by nicegamer7 few posts back linking to procedure how to get DD-WRT on EA6400.

Buying something is always an option, but if I can salvage what I have, why not.

Can anyone explain if there is a way to get custom FW on this advanced router? I fairly good with taking things apart and would not be afraid of doing any of the things mentioned in this thread.

sadly the v2 seems to have an advanced firmware rollback ''''feature'''' which reinstals the stock firmware at every reboot if it detects a firmware change. In other words its not possible unless this is bypassed.
makaisson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
guillaumedsde wrote:

sadly the v2 seems to have an advanced firmware rollback ''''feature'''' which reinstals the stock firmware at every reboot if it detects a firmware change. In other words its not possible unless this is bypassed.

Ok, any info on how and if that can be bypassed? Is that done via UID nvram value? Via two copies of FW being present? Via something that is not known?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Linksys ea8500 with new firmware does the same thing.
Look t the ea8500 thread, user Sploit has found a workaround for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Look t the ea8500 thread, user Sploit has found a workaround for it.

Looks reasonable.

Now the big question - is there DD-WRT FW for EA6350 V2.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
If the specs are all the same the v1 firmware may work.
The only difference maybe the lockdown of third party firmware.
The ea6900 two variants use the same builds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:

Any sources on the V1 layout? I could try to do the 'visual' comparison. What is the worst that can happen? I read in the thread that someone ended with V2 in-unbootable state. Any way to recover from that via Serial (i.e. can I do dd backup before and then recover in case of non-bootable)?
guillaumedsde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
makaisson wrote:
Malachi wrote:

Any sources on the V1 layout? I could try to do the 'visual' comparison. What is the worst that can happen? I read in the thread that someone ended with V2 in-unbootable state. Any way to recover from that via Serial (i.e. can I do dd backup before and then recover in case of non-bootable)?

Hi, I was the one who bricked a V2, I flashed the V1 CFE on the V2 hence it would not even boot the CFE so I could not do anything except a JTAG recovery (which I didnt bother with). To answer the question, backing up the firmware is useless because the router first boots the CFE (which is the software that flashes back to stock at boot btw) then the firmware. Thus if you somehow mess up while reflashing the CFE with a custom one that prevents the flashing of the stock firmware, you end up with a bricked router.
guillaumedsde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
makaisson wrote:
Malachi wrote:

And to answer the other question, I had managed to flash the "mini" version of ddwrt on my V2 then I managed to flash the full ddwrt version and boot to it, from what I saw, everything seemed to work correctly, so my guess is, its just a matter of reflashing the CFE then flashing ddwrt should be rather easy
nicegamer7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Malachi
Is this what you were referring to?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1073392&highlight=#1073392
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: