Linksys EA6350 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Somewhat. The FCC put pressure on manufactures. The new asus units can't be flashed either.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any new info on this topic, related to the EA6350v3?
jelabarre59
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Somewhat. The FCC put pressure on manufactures. The new asus units can't be flashed either.

Sounds like the FCC, along with every govt agency needs to be severely slapped. They think too highly of themselves and believe they are somehow above us (when the opposite is the case).
perljamz10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm currently working on hacking the EA6350v3. Need to find a compatible firmware that will boot upon flashing, first. No luck with the v1 firmware, the header is incorrect. The suggested DDWRT firmware from this thread also doesn't work.

Need something that will boot, then will work on flashing both partitions. As it stands now, if you flash something that isn't compatible, you would brick the router were it not for the auto roll-back security function.

Any suggestions would be helpful. As was mentioned the processor is Qualcomm now on this device.
perljamz10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
An update:

After many hours of looking through the filesystem of the EA6350v3 router, I realized it would be able to do what I wanted without having to flash the firmware. This came as a surprise to me, because all over the internet, including from Linksys itself, I was told it was not a supported feature. Wrong! It's right here in the code, morons!

I also realized, had I needed to flash the firmware anyway, having root access to the entire filesystem of the router would make it much easier and inevitable.

Connect over serial, wait for full boot, and try to type which will bring up a login prompt. I'll let you figure out the login as it was stupidly basic and simple. If you know linux, you're gold.
guillaumedsde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
perljamz10 wrote:
An update:

After many hours of looking through the filesystem of the EA6350v3 router, I realized it would be able to do what I wanted without having to flash the firmware. This came as a surprise to me, because all over the internet, including from Linksys itself, I was told it was not a supported feature. Wrong! It's right here in the code, morons!

I also realized, had I needed to flash the firmware anyway, having root access to the entire filesystem of the router would make it much easier and inevitable.

Connect over serial, wait for full boot, and try to type which will bring up a login prompt. I'll let you figure out the login as it was stupidly basic and simple. If you know linux, you're gold.

I have to say, I have been on quite a few forums, but I've never seen a post like this Shocked
theboz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:59    Post subject: EA6350 kong Reply with quote
Hey all,

After fumbling through this thread I finally got up and running on a EA6350 (v1) by installing the firmware below(dd-wrt kong). Been running well so far! Hopefully this saves you some time! Smile

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

If you need help uploading follow the instructions at the link below. On the router login screen, you don't need to log in to the cloud account, you can just log in locally by clicking "For local access click here"

https://www.linksys.com/ca/support-article?articleNum=140365
AreA
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I encounter the same problem with the EA6350V2. Has anyone found a solution to make dd-wrt work?
antmar904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I would really like to run custom firmware on my EA6350 also. Has anyone done it with success without performance issues?
antmar904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried the steps above the "theboz" mentioned and it looks like the firmware update was successful however when I plugged my laptop directly into my router I was unable to get an up address or reach the router to configure it.

Is there a different way to connect to the EA6350 after flashing the firmware?
antmar904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone ???
theboz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
antmar904 wrote:
I tried the steps above the "theboz" mentioned and it looks like the firmware update was successful however when I plugged my laptop directly into my router I was unable to get an up address or reach the router to configure it.

hey buddy, which ip did you try to connect to? 192.168.1.1? How far can you get exactly?

BTW mine has been running stable for 40+ days. Which version do you have? v1, v2, or v3?
antmar904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
theboz wrote:
antmar904 wrote:

hey buddy, which ip did you try to connect to? 192.168.1.1? How far can you get exactly?

BTW mine has been running stable for 40+ days. Which version do you have? v1, v2, or v3?

Hi theboz.

Yes I tried to connect to the default ip of 192.168.1.1 while being hardwired into the router. I'm not even 100% sure that the firmware successfully flashed. How would I find out which hw version I am running? Thanks again.
theboz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 23:06    Post subject: connection Reply with quote
Hmm, what happened when did you the firmware flash? Did the progress meter go all the way? It's possible something may have gone wrong during the flash and you might have to reset it back to stock firmware.

Hardware Reset – Press and hold the Reset button at the back panel of your router for about 10 seconds then release.

BTW just to be certain did you connect to the WAN port or one of the device ports when you were trying to connect to it?

Also, for the version here's the link:

https://www.linksys.com/us//support-article?articleNum=142440
antmar904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 0:17    Post subject: Re: connection Reply with quote
theboz wrote:
Hmm, what happened when did you the firmware flash? Did the progress meter go all the way? It's possible something may have gone wrong during the flash and you might have to reset it back to stock firmware.

Hardware Reset – Press and hold the Reset button at the back panel of your router for about 10 seconds then release.

BTW just to be certain did you connect to the WAN port or one of the device ports when you were trying to connect to it?

Also, for the version here's the link:

https://www.linksys.com/us//support-article?articleNum=142440

Hi,

Yes the progress bar did go all the way through and said successfull. I did try to connect to all port and the wan port to try and connect to the router via 192.168.1.1 but wouldn't the laptop itself need a valid ip to connect? anyway I did end up restore my router back to default and i'm going to try and flash again tonight. Ill also have to check which hw version i'm running.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: