Linksys EA6350 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
SuperValue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all, long time listener, first time caller.

Oddly enough I've been using dd-wrt for god knows how long since the WRT54g days and have never posted. Its a quirky firmware from a UI perspective but I've gotten used to it.

Just wondering, has anyone gotten Merlin to work on the EA6350?

I have this thing running Kong with the xvortex CFE and so far its been great. I'd like to see what kind of performance boost I'd get from Merlin and the CTF hardware acceleration.
Sponsor
SuperValue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
crimuvi wrote:
nizmot wrote:
When I flash the mini(linksys-ea6400-numinit-super-hacky-smaller-version.bin) i get dd-wrt webGUI. Then when i flash the linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin over I don't know how but I get the linksys webGUI Confused

Hi everyone, im new here.
I do this process and now im in middle of nowhere.
I Flash tha numinit mini firmware and after that i came back to linksys interface but now i cant make upgrade or anything.
The page ar in blank some times and others stay with the loading screen.
I Try:
1. 30/30/30 reset
2. TFTP from multiples tools and operating systems (Windows Ubuntu).

This router came to me yesterday and the first thig i do was this flas, so my wife wants to kill me, jajajaja.
Please help!!!

Are you planning to do the xvortex CFE? You can do it from this point.

Otherwise, you can try uploading the firmware into /tmp and ssh'ing into the router to do the flash from the command line.
yamarocket630
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow. I read this entire thread and everything else I can find here on the EA6350. Most of it is WAY over my head.

I have been using DD-WRT on my old WRT54G (sadly, it died) and a Cisco M10 for a few years now and I love it's flexibility and power over the stock firmware.

I just purchased an EA6350 V2 to replace my Cisco Valet M10 POS. I mistakenly thought it was supported for DD-WRT but obviously not.

Does anyone have any information on if it will ever be officially supported? Should I just sell it and purchase a WRT1900?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
yamarocket630 wrote:
Wow. I read this entire thread and everything else I can find here on the EA6350. Most of it is WAY over my head.

I have been using DD-WRT on my old WRT54G (sadly, it died) and a Cisco M10 for a few years now and I love it's flexibility and power over the stock firmware.

I just purchased an EA6350 V2 to replace my Cisco Valet M10 POS. I mistakenly thought it was supported for DD-WRT but obviously not.

Does anyone have any information on if it will ever be officially supported? Should I just sell it and purchase a WRT1900?

I'm guessing you are a Linksys fan? For ease of future unbricking I would get an Asus rt-ac68.
I would stay away from the ea series routers. I didn't even know there was an ea6350v2.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:

I'm guessing you are a Linksys fan? For ease of future unbricking I would get an Asus rt-ac68.
I would stay away from the ea series routers. I didn't even know there was an ea6350v2.

I am, and other than the M10 being a POS (don't know if it's an unstable build of DDWRT or the hardware... I never used it with the stock firmware) I've always had good service from them.
alias_neo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 15:40    Post subject: TFTP Reply with quote
So I tried flashing some newer builds since some time has passed but had bootloops for all builds I flashed due to the "VFS: Cannot open root device "mtdblock3" or unknown-block(31,3): error -19 "

I decided to take the latest Kong build and flash it via TFTP from CFE instead and it boots and works beautifully.

I currently only have the first partition flashed, but if it runs for some time and is stable I'll flash the second one.

Can some one give me some clue what benefits I might having in flashing the xvortex CFE? Will it just regain the currently wasted space from the second partition?

Does anyone know where the JTAG is on the EA3650? I have some pictures of all the headers on the board if it helps.
Mangraviti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:57    Post subject: Quick question Reply with quote
I have been trying to find a way to flash an EA6350. I saw that a guy managed to flash it here on this thread then he said it wasn't working.

Is it possible or not to install DD-WRT on this model?

If so, what steps should I take?

Please help as this Smart Wifi crap is unbearable.
shorteverypin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:18    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote
If you have the choice between the EA6350 and the EA6350v2, go for the V1

V2 comes with 2.1.1.168234 and seems to have to protections built in that will revert your flash on every reboot. It's incredibly annoying.

You can tell by the FG No. Barcode which will have EA6350v2 Printed on the the bottom right of the barcode if it's a V2 and nothing if it's a V1.

UPDATE:
Looks like we're not alone. The EA6900 also has a dual CFE booting procedure. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1013511&sid=5b112c305ad7fbb55aa513da6f737ae5#1013511

UPDATE #2:
The solution for dual boot issues seems to be here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=995338#995338 will check if it works and post back.

Update #3:
Ubootenv is not installed on the ea6350 betas. Fortunately, flashing stock firmware flashes it to partition 2, if you then flash dd-wrt it will either A. flash to partition 1 and successive reboots will boot partition 1.
OR
B. Flash to partition 2 and successive reboots will boot partition 2 as the linksys software already switched the bootenv to do so by default.

I don't know what that means for recovering from bad settings or a bad flash.
NeedBetterInternet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys I'm quite new this dd-wrt and this will be my first time installing it.

Currently I have a Linksys EA6300(AC1200) which on the wiki says i should install it like the Linksys EA6350. I have read through every page int this thread which mostly don't make much sense to me.

Can someone confirm if this is the right way to install dd-wrt?
1. Flash linksys-ea6400-numinit-super-hacky-smaller-version.bin
2. Flash linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin
3. Done?

Thanks for your time
sirjohndfox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:25    Post subject: ea6350 Reply with quote
I managed to put dd-wrt on this router by just flashing linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin, although I can't remember the exact steps i took... It was running fine for a couple of months until today after I did a power cycle and it reverted to the linksys garbage... V2.1.1.168234

I dont seem to be able revert back to earlier linksysys versions...

Any ideas?
azmand01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:04    Post subject: EA6350 - Still Pending Reply with quote
Folks,

I have seen many in the past here saying they sucesfull and then disappearing.

Chances are, no one effectively could make it stick.

I am also trying to flash this bugger and getting the image too large error.

I can not find the link for for the mini images other people used (can you please post if you know/have it).. or maybe I misunderstood where to look for it.

However .. it seems that the mini one does not have all modules operating and it will cause bugs.. and really only the blessed ones that can handle and modify the coding can do it.. for mortals like me (using Windows currently).. it is a dead end if the almighty goods can't help.

Anyway...
Can anyone at all let us know if you could make it stick and really explain how it is done (v1).

My next step is to set fire to it.. throw from the 5th floor and reboot to see if it flashes then.

Thanks folks.. all the best.
Statici12
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
yamarocket630 wrote:
I have been using DD-WRT on my old WRT54G (sadly, it died)

Mine died today, and I went out to buy the nicest-looking, cheapest functional router I could from walmart. Should have checked for DD-WRT compatibility...I guess I'll be bringing it back.

The stock firmware and interface on this thing is garbage. Good luck to you guys who are trying to get it working :/
gpatton71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Statici12 wrote:
yamarocket630 wrote:
I have been using DD-WRT on my old WRT54G (sadly, it died)

Mine died today, and I went out to buy the nicest-looking, cheapest functional router I could from walmart. Should have checked for DD-WRT compatibility...I guess I'll be bringing it back.

The stock firmware and interface on this thing is garbage. Good luck to you guys who are trying to get it working :/

Tell me about it! I'm a little more then PO'd! I did do my home work and check for compatibility and it's on the fing list!
ssenn14
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:19    Post subject: EA6350V2 Reply with quote
Is there any possible way to dd-wrt the v2 version of this POS pain in the a$$ router? I have powercycled and reset this router countless times. I can't even get the thing to flash its own firmware through the UI or TFTP. Mad

Windows 10 (64-bit)
EA6350 V2.1.1.171422
sanjay92
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did this work ?
I have EA6350 V1 and looking for steps to install DD-WRT and I am gone all 11 pages and it is still not clear what needs to be done .

NeedBetterInternet wrote:
Hey guys I'm quite new this dd-wrt and this will be my first time installing it.

Currently I have a Linksys EA6300(AC1200) which on the wiki says i should install it like the Linksys EA6350. I have read through every page int this thread which mostly don't make much sense to me.

Can someone confirm if this is the right way to install dd-wrt?
1. Flash linksys-ea6400-numinit-super-hacky-smaller-version.bin
2. Flash linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin
3. Done?

Thanks for your time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: