No Internet access on guest network on Client Bridge

NedRyerson81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:16    Post subject: No Internet access on guest network on Client Bridge Reply with quote
I've been struggling to get a guest network set up on a second router I have configured as a Client Bridge. Here is my current setup:

Primary Router:
Netgear R7000 (not DD-WRT) with an IP of 192.168.11.1
Wireless: SSID1 - 192.168.11.x
Guest Network (this is a built in feature that also uses 192.168.10.x, but keeps those connections isolated from the main wifi connections)

Second Router:
Buffalo WZR-600DHP (DD-WRT v3.0-r28139)

ath0:
SSID1 (same as primary)
Mode is Client Bridge (Routed) with IP of 192.168.11.10, gateway is 192.168.11.1

ath0.1:
SSID1-Guest
Mode is AP
Set to "Unbridged"
"Masquerade/NAT" enabled
"Net Isolation" enabled
IP address: 192.168.12.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Setup -> Networking:
I have an additional DHCP server defined here (DHCP 0) for the ath0.1 interface

Everything works fine on the SSID1 wifi connection. Internet is accessible. On the SSID1-Guest interface, I can connect and the DHCP server assigns me an IP address, but I can't actually connect to anything or get to the Internet. I'm guessing this has something to do with routing or needing to configure a bridge based on what I've been reading, but I'm pretty out of my element here. Is this something that is possible, and am I heading in the right direction?
Sponsor
NedRyerson81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ran that command, but it didn't seem to do anything. I'm going to reset the router and try everything again from scratch, and you have given me another starting point on Google. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: