Linksys ea8500 port is ready

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 123, 124, 125  Next
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 0:47    Post subject: Re: Question from the EA8500 Readme file Reply with quote
okidave wrote:
lexridge wrote:
DisregulatedDad wrote:
Looking at the latest (9 Aug) readme, from the K3-AC-IPQ806X release, there's this line in reference to the EA8500:

-USB3.0 port drops off drives

Is the eSATA port stable? I'm planning on using this for backup purposes, and it would be a Bad Thing if the port sometimes decided to "drop off"....

Many thanks.

I am still on 32470M version, and my USB stick is working fine. Why do you need a SATA drive for backups? Are you meaning router backups or other? Router backups are kilobytles. A USB stick would be more than enough. I have not tried the eSATA port however.

I believe he means using the USB3 or eSATA port with a usb stick or HD attached as a "NAS" for backups. I am doing the same using eSATA with the stock Linksys firmware, with no issues. I am also reluctant to switch over to DD-WRT for the same reason: "USB3.0 port drops off drives".

I don't use the esata but have never had any problem with USB ... using many different USB sticks/drives.
Seems to me FAT32 was always a bit faster. You get about 30MBps maybe 33 on good day copy to a winders machine.
NTFS I only got 27 ..... ext2, ext3 was less than that.
Sponsor
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 18:06    Post subject: Re: Question from the EA8500 Readme file Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
okidave wrote:
lexridge wrote:
DisregulatedDad wrote:
Looking at the latest (9 Aug) readme, from the K3-AC-IPQ806X release, there's this line in reference to the EA8500:

-USB3.0 port drops off drives

Is the eSATA port stable? I'm planning on using this for backup purposes, and it would be a Bad Thing if the port sometimes decided to "drop off"....

Many thanks.

I am still on 32470M version, and my USB stick is working fine. Why do you need a SATA drive for backups? Are you meaning router backups or other? Router backups are kilobytles. A USB stick would be more than enough. I have not tried the eSATA port however.

I believe he means using the USB3 or eSATA port with a usb stick or HD attached as a "NAS" for backups. I am doing the same using eSATA with the stock Linksys firmware, with no issues. I am also reluctant to switch over to DD-WRT for the same reason: "USB3.0 port drops off drives".

I don't use the esata but have never had any problem with USB ... using many different USB sticks/drives.
Seems to me FAT32 was always a bit faster. You get about 30MBps maybe 33 on good day copy to a winders machine.
NTFS I only got 27 ..... ext2, ext3 was less than that.

Hiya guys, im trying the USB drive mount aswell, but getting nowhere, well flashing the USB into Linux Live wasnt the problem everything went well, the only problem for me is the TFTP commands not working like making new maps /temp/opt/ and adding disc/or usb/ parts1 or 2,
Im using DD-wrt r33006 now, and if i try to download the packages from: http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages or any other i tryed aswell the console gives bad location or cant find file..

root/ wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/opkg_618-2_ar71xx.ipk doenst give me anything, and im following these site's https://www.howtogeek.com/98408/how-to-install-additional-software-on-your-router-dd-wrt/ : and read the forums aswell, but ive noticed they all have different versions of dd-wrt like me and have more options where it come to USB Settings(see the picture).Im also try to use WINSCP, and PutTy but Putty is working for me, WINSCP is kinda in training still, i know im newbie at these things, but i learning from each mistakes, and trying to perfect this out.
And im also trying to instal: https://bitsum.com//firmware_mod_kit.htm,

Any tips, or what im doing wrong.

Appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Mr.FlowTastiX on Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:58; edited 2 times in total
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX,
You should make picture much smaller

and if you click on the usb automatic drive mount and then apply settings ... give it few seconds.
It should show you some drive details if the USB drive can be read.
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX,

and if you click on the usb automatic drive mount and then apply settings ... give it few seconds.

This is what im seeing then, but still this is not showed in the tutorials its different.
And anybody having info about Kai Xlink, is it still used?
Does it support Xbox One ?
Thanks for helping
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX,

This is what im seeing then, but still this is not showed in the tutorials its different.
Thanks for helping

This stuff you are linking to is 6 ~ 7 years old Confused
and
This https://bitsum.com/firmware_mod_kit.htm is 10 ~ 11 year old stuff ... back in the WRT54G day.
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX,

Thanks for helping

and
This https://bitsum.com/firmware_mod_kit.htm is 10 ~ 11 year old stuff ... back in the WRT54G day.

I thought these stilled worked lol, any new goodies i can use to make network better or gaming better,
or anything else using DD-WRT

So opgk still works, but what is it exactly needed for and what does it do thanks for the fast respond sir.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX,

Thanks for helping

and

I thought these stilled worked lol, any new goodies i can use to make network better or gaming better,

So opgk still works, but what is it exactly needed for and what does it do thanks for the fast respond sir.

You'll probably have to look into entware or some such.
I don't have much need for all that on EA8500 at the moment.... besides it has more dd-wrt
built in crap than any router I've ever seen --- more than enough to occupy my time Smile
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX,

Thanks for helping

and

You'll probably have to look into entware or some such.
I don't have much need for all that on EA8500 at the moment.... besides it has more dd-wrt
built in crap than any router I've ever seen --- more than enough to occupy my time Smile

Hmmm i was first going to but the FritzBox and i'm still looking around for anything else to upgrade my network connections... :/

With saying: (more dd-wrt built in crap than any router)
you mean the EA8500 allready has these features, and DD-wrt doesnt really make it better or faster?

I mean im not sure DD-Wrt really supports MU-MIMO or something, or a different kind of way, so not really anything to edit or geek on for this router you mean ?

Any nice Routers you guys prefer buying ? Meaning Firmware or just as Default.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
In anyone wants to know if the 'factory-to-ddwrt.img' for the EA8500 works now you no longer have to wonder.
It Does Not Work ... won't last 5 seconds before it locks up.
I just tried the r33006 factory-to-ddwrt.img via GUI install from Linksys 1.1.4.168206 (yes that Linksys FW is before they locked it)
'Here is a peak' what it looks like ... hint hint BS, you could fix this fairly easy Idea
Funny how the kernel says the "System halted". Why don't it just say the damn thing locked up.
Got it booted back into the Linksys firmware and installed r31780M kongat (03/26/17) EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img
with no problem then on to r33006 dd-wrt-webupgrade.bin

so I reckon we all owe Kong a thanks Cool
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
In anyone wants to know if the 'factory-to-ddwrt.img' for the EA8500 works now you no longer have to wonder.
I just tried the r33006 factory-to-ddwrt.img via GUI install from Linksys 1.1.4.168206 (yes that Linksys FW is before they locked it)
'Here is a peak' what it looks like ... hint hint BS, you could fix this fairly easy Idea
Funny how the kernel says the "System halted". Why don't it just say the damn thing locked up.
Got it booted back into the Linksys firmware and installed r31780M kongat (03/26/17) EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img

I try'ed a few different build from Kongs build then reset to linksys again to reset defaults and factory firmware to try out Brains build from the first until the last build, factory to ddwrt / webupgrade or linksys-ddwrt.
But everytime im getting the same issue i cant connect with IPV6 cant get any pass through, only on auto DHCP, then i get IPV6 on dd-wrt but not on devices like PC or / XBOX . and i dont really want to use auto DHCP. I've got some issue's on the Vlan tagging aswell, cant get it right, seems like the Vlan default settings are not correct cause im connection to my WAN port of router from my modem and release IP's from my LAN ports,
Same goes for QoS, cant seem to get it right, and when i check my internet speed from sites, i get alot of bufferbloat on my upload speed,
if you anyone could maybe guide me through the settings i need need, i would like to give a few fresh start and get it right this time.. atm im just Linksys firm.
Thanks for the support!
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:

I try'ed a few different build from Kongs build then reset to linksys again to reset defaults and factory firmware to try out Brains build from the first until the last build, factory to ddwrt / webupgrade or linksys-ddwrt.
But everytime im getting the same issue i cant connect with IPV6 cant get any pass through, only on auto DHCP, then i get IPV6 on dd-wrt but not on devices like PC or / XBOX . and i dont really want to use auto DHCP. I've got some issue's on the Vlan tagging aswell, cant get it right, seems like the Vlan default settings are not correct cause im connection to my WAN port of router from my modem and release IP's from my LAN ports,
Same goes for QoS, cant seem to get it right, and when i check my internet speed from sites, i get alot of bufferbloat on my upload speed,
if you anyone could maybe guide me through the settings i need need, i would like to give a few fresh start and get it right this time.. atm im just Linksys firm.
Thanks for the support!

I think you mean with r31780M > 32170M.
Cause i see this 31780M- 30-May-2017
http://mrjcd.com/Malachi/KONG-EA8500/
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:

Thanks for the support!

Cant find that one with the same date it shows on yours: r31780M kongat (03/26/17).

Im just wondering what if you start with factory-to-ddwrt, from the first KONG made
30700M 13-Dec-2016
EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img
for the first instal from Linksys GUI, and then go all the way up doing every new update bin.
Kong_30825M 13-Dec-2016
Kong_30880M 13-Dec-2016
Kong_30925M 28-Dec-2016
Kong_31500M 26-Mar-2017
Kong_31780M 30-May-2017
Kong_31800M 08-Apr-2017
Kong_31870M 30-May-2017
Kong_32170M 12-Jun-2017
Should that make any different ?
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:

Thanks for the support!

And there is no EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img for r31780M kongat (03/26/17) only : ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin
http://mrjcd.com/Malachi/KONG-EA8500/Kong_32170M-061117/
http://mrjcd.com/Malachi/KONG-EA8500/Kong_32170M-061117/info.txt
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:

NO .... all Kong builds I listed there are correct with build number and its date as directory name.
example: Kong_31780M-032617

Last modified timestamp would be date/time of last modification to that directories top level files
as in --- when I added to the server.
Anything I have listed on the server as indexed can be sorted by clicking on 'Name' or 'Last modified' or 'Size' (file size)
Clicking 'Name' sorts by name ... click it again sorts by name in reverse order....alrighthen ???

Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
Cant find that one with the same date it shows on yours: r31780M kongat (03/26/17).

Yea, well it's there -
http://mrjcd.com/Malachi/KONG-EA8500/Kong_31780M-032617/ =
Linksys EA8500
DD-WRT v3.0-r31780M kongat (03/26/17)
Linux 3.18.48 #88 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 26 18:58:05 CEST 2017

Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
And there is no EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img for r31780M kongat (03/26/17) only : ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin

On this 'page'
Installing DD-WRT on the Linksys EA8500 wrote:
Some previous EA8500 Kong builds can be found 'HERE'
NOTE: only the Kong_30700M-093016 directory contains both EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img & ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin
You only need the factory-to-ddwrt.img for 1st initial install. All other installs should be done with .bin files.
All other directories 'HERE' only contain the ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin for install from dd-wrt to dd-wrt.

If for some reason you want the r31780M 'EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img' it is included in the 'PuTTy-TFTP.zip' link on that page.
I'm thinking you have an EA8500 other than made for North American so the EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img may not work for
you if you try installing over your linksys firmware. Kong has 'EA8500WW-factory-to-ddwrt.img' for these routers.
AND
I really don't know what the hell you are doing Shocked
If you want to run dd-wrt there is never a need to use an .img file but for first install.
The EA8500 is a very durable device but is NOT indestructible ---- Don't destroy your router... ok!!!
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:

NO .... all Kong builds I listed there are correct with build number and its date as directory name.
example: Kong_31780M-032617

Last modified timestamp would be date/time of last modification to that directories top level files
as in --- when I added to the server.
Anything I have listed on the server as indexed can be sorted by clicking on 'Name' or 'Last modified' or 'Size' (file size)
Clicking 'Name' sorts by name ... click it again sorts by name in reverse order....alrighthen ???

Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:

Yea, well it's there -
http://mrjcd.com/Malachi/KONG-EA8500/Kong_31780M-032617/ =
Linksys EA8500
DD-WRT v3.0-r31780M kongat (03/26/17)
Linux 3.18.48 #88 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 26 18:58:05 CEST 2017

Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:

On this 'page'
Installing DD-WRT on the Linksys EA8500 wrote:
Some previous EA8500 Kong builds can be found 'HERE'
NOTE: only the Kong_30700M-093016 directory contains both EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img & ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin
You only need the factory-to-ddwrt.img for 1st initial install. All other installs should be done with .bin files.
All other directories 'HERE' only contain the ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin for install from dd-wrt to dd-wrt.

If for some reason you want the r31780M 'EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img' it is included in the 'PuTTy-TFTP.zip' link on that page.
I'm thinking you have an EA8500 other than made for North American so the EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img may not work for
you if you try installing over your linksys firmware. Kong has 'EA8500WW-factory-to-ddwrt.img' for these routers.
AND
I really don't know what the hell you are doing Shocked
If you want to run dd-wrt there is never a need to use an .img file but for first install.
The EA8500 is a very durable device but is NOT indestructible ---- Don't destroy your router... ok!!!

Yea im using for first instal the EA8500WW factory.img file and only update using the .bin files,
yesterday everything was working IPV6 aswell for pass through but today after lease, not working anymore and im just connected to my modem.
I need to look into that abit more i think.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 123, 124, 125  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 74 of 125
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: