Does DD-WRT Require Activation To Test Full Functionality?

AlexanderTheSexy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 21:01    Post subject: Does DD-WRT Require Activation To Test Full Functionality? Reply with quote
Hello All,

I have been trying for days to get vpn to work on the DD-WRT enabled router. My VPN provider is IPVanish.
Then I had this idea:

Wwhat if DD-WRT license activation is required to be able to use the built-in VPN client?

Does anyone know if on professional equipment (like my Ubiquity EdgeRouter Lite) it is required to FIRST activate the license to be able to test (use) the built-in VPN client?
DD-WRT web interface comes with options for PPTP & OpenVPN server and client.
The "Administration/Commands" tab, also does not seem to give any response when I type in a command such as "cat /auth/pass.txt"
When I click "Run Command", the screen just flickers once, and that is all.

This is where I was beginning to believe the DD-WRT software was faulty. Nothing tells me that it is a license issue. From what I understand, everything should work for the 23 hour trial.
Can someone clarify?

If I require a license activation to be able to even get the VPN to work... it would be nice if it stated this on the website.
Because now, I do not know if it is a problem with the DD-WRT software or a small unimportant appearing configuration oversight.

So, does the DD-WRT software require licensce activation BEFORE the built-in VPN will function?

Thanks for reading
Sponsor
chrishmu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same problem too.

i waited few weeks to get their reply and at last bought one activation license.

But I am now facing the more bigger one. Activation doesn't work and there is not reply from the support team.

Let me know if you found any solutions.

Thanks in advance.
icyice
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys
I think the staff at IpVanish do not want their customers to mess with the dd-wrt guy,i was not able to use VPN with Ipvanish,installed following their instructions, their response was that the dd-wrt onto the router was not compatible with the new software,when installing their script the router worked perfectly but a lot of available settings become useless in the dd-wrt menu.
My opinion is that they want us to buy preinstalled dd-wrt routers , do they have some benefit from them ?
A preinstalled dd-wrt cost 100 to 200 euro more than a standard router,installation takes half an hour.
I am sure these problems can be solved , but is Ipvanish willing to ?
icyice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: