Network Map?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Brewder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 13:51    Post subject: Network Map? Reply with quote
Hello - I'm new to DD-WRT and so far loving it! I'm running 28579 on my WRT1900ACv1.

The only thing I miss from the stock firmware is the network map. I really like that feature. In DD-WRT, all I can find is a client list but that only shows me MAC addresses.

Is there some way to activate a network map-like view within DD-WRT?

//Brew
Sponsor
Giraffe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 15:22    Post subject: Re: Network Map? Reply with quote
Brewder wrote:
Hello - I'm new to DD-WRT and so far loving it! I'm running 28579 on my WRT1900ACv1.

The only thing I miss from the stock firmware is the network map. I really like that feature. In DD-WRT, all I can find is a client list but that only shows me MAC addresses.

Is there some way to activate a network map-like view within DD-WRT?

//Brew

Hi,
In the DD-WRT Webinterface (Control Panel) click the Status tab and then the LAN tab.

Under Status > LAN you will find a list of DHCP cliënts including there hostname, MAC-adress and lease time.

Also under Status > LAN tab you'll see there is a list of "Active Clients" where you can view clients that are currently connected. Information includes Hostname IP-adress and Connection Count.
Brewder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, but the problem is the host name is "*" for each, because I'm using a Windows DHCP/DNS server on my network... I don't use DHCP from the router.

Also, the "Active Clients" list doesn't tell me how the client is connected. Meaning, wired, wireless, 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz.....
bherder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be a nice to have, but not necessary. Renaming the clients if I can't change the hostname would be awesome. Running Kong's latest build on my WRT1900ACS and it rocks!
phillil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
bherder wrote:
It would be a nice to have, but not necessary. Renaming the clients if I can't change the hostname would be awesome. Running Kong's latest build on my WRT1900ACS and it rocks!

Cant this be done?

Displaying * is annoying, especially when windows or the mac address lookup gives a much better description.

Renaming clients would be great
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the Network Setup, did you specify your local Windows DHCP server as DNS Server?

The router must be able to lookup the names.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: