WRT1900ACS V2 - Firmware

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Zeta09
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 15:29    Post subject: Builds Reply with quote
Thank you vit..

Does anyone have any updated links to Kong's build?

Is it worth it or are is the link dead because Kong is working on improvements?
Sponsor
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 16:20    Post subject: Re: Builds Reply with quote
Zeta09 wrote:
Thank you vit..

Does anyone have any updated links to Kong's build?

Is it worth it or are is the link dead because Kong is working on improvements?

Kong no longer supporting the WRT's therefore he took the link down. He got disgusted with the lack of support provided by Linksys/Marvell. He is off doing broadcom routers now so still active, just not with the WRT's.

I have had very good luck with Brainslayer's recent builds. No issues for me. Give them a try.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
jonahmt21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok... so i flashed the newest beta build r32162 and after the reboot, i cannot log in to the router anymore. i can get to the status page and when i try to get to the other tabs, it will ask for the password and it wont authenticate

i did a reset and any user/password combination i set will not authenticate.

how do i get around this or reflash the firmware if i cannot get to the admin page. help please. thanks!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Switch to the other partition and either wait for a fixed build or flash a known working build.
Telnet still works so use that to boot to the other partition.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! Can you kindly point me to instructions on how to do this. Thanks!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look up about 4 posts above this. In myersw's signature there is a link to how to flash wrt series routers. Follow those steps.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks bro, that thread helped a lot. thanks!
Zeta09
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:46    Post subject: Which Software? Reply with quote
Ok

To be clear myersw are you running DD-WRt on your ACS v1 right now or are you running LEDE/Gargoyle?

Thanks for the info on why Kong does NOT have his link active myersw but since I originally got on here because I heard that Kong's build WAS the better option is there some older version on the net somewhere where I could try it? Can some one PM me their download or Torrent it?

Is Brainslayer's BETA supposed to be the best option left? Sorry to bother you all this but thank you all for the replies.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=309492
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 19:41    Post subject: Re: Which Software? Reply with quote
Zeta09 wrote:
Ok

To be clear myersw are you running DD-WRt on your ACS v1 right now or are you running LEDE/Gargoyle?

Thanks for the info on why Kong does NOT have his link active myersw but since I originally got on here because I heard that Kong's build WAS the better option is there some older version on the net somewhere where I could try it? Can some one PM me their download or Torrent it?

Is Brainslayer's BETA supposed to be the best option left? Sorry to bother you all this but thank you all for the replies.

Right now the wrt19001acs is on shelf crying because it is not being used. I am now using the wrt3200 I got cheap awhile back. Ran Linksys on it until Marvell finally got a decent wireless driver for the devs.

Brainslayer is your only dd-wrt option at this time. His builds are running well except for reboot issue on wrt1900ac v1's. Give the latest referenced in above link a try.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
johnnyNobody999
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 16:54    Post subject: wrt1900acs/wrt1900acs-ca Reply with quote
What's the difference? I don't see any reviews comparing the 2 routers. Is there any performance advantage? Should I spend the extra bucks for the acs-ca? Looks like the firmware for the acsv2 will work on the acs-ca - so are they essentially the same router?
thefunkygibbon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok so i don't quite know whats going on but i'm running latest firmware as of today. quite often (like every day or two) my WRT1900ACS (v1) decides to go on the wonk.
DHCP seems to stop dishing out new leases, I cannot access the WebGUI of the box. I need to hardware reboot it.

I set up sys log server on my pc and had it send to it and from what I can tell (i'm not very experienced or knowledgeable about kernel debugging etc) it seemed to have died around 945 today and here are the logs for around there. (there were a lot of dropped traffic around it, but it seems pretty usual).

https://pastebin.com/RCbqNdLx

any ideas?
inspired
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
thefunkygibbon wrote:
ok so i don't quite know whats going on but i'm running latest firmware as of today. quite often (like every day or two) my WRT1900ACS (v1) decides to go on the wonk.
DHCP seems to stop dishing out new leases, I cannot access the WebGUI of the box. I need to hardware reboot it.

I set up sys log server on my pc and had it send to it and from what I can tell (i'm not very experienced or knowledgeable about kernel debugging etc) it seemed to have died around 945 today and here are the logs for around there. (there were a lot of dropped traffic around it, but it seems pretty usual).

https://pastebin.com/RCbqNdLx

any ideas?

Go for build 33555. It solved all my issues on the WRT1900ACS v2. The latest you are referring to gave me the same issues you are having.
montgomery
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stupid Noob Question Alert (that is, 'stupid noob' AND 'stupid question)...

I've been having the same trouble lately as what thefunkygibbon just mentioned in January.

So, I want to upgrade to the latest firmware, but then I read the upgrade instructions, and choked.

[here's the stupid question]
Do we really have to do a reset to defaults when doing a firmware upgrade, and then really can't restore settings with the built-in tool for that?

Wow....I have so many customizations (mostly static name-to-ip mappings) that it kind of freaks me out to think I have to go back through and redo all of that every time I do a firmware upgrade. :/

I know, I know....just read the instructions, and do what it says.

Still, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask, because I have missed things before, and I'm hoping perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. Smile
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgrading without reset may work in most cases. If you upgrade from a build that is not to old and there have not been any major changes in nvram variables between the versions, it usually works well.

A safe approach is to export the variables as text with "nvram show" and put them back in with "nvram set". This gives you also the possibilty to only restore selected variables.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: