D-LINK DIR-860L B1 router

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Huck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I remember correctly its just ssh/telnet in and
lan_eeprom_mac XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
wan_eeprom_mac XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
radio2_eeprom_mac XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
radio5_eeprom_mac XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (click enter)

x= your mac address's so write those down first before loading firmwares.

If there are any shared mac's i just followed the sequence. if lan mac ended in say B then wan would end with c radio2 with d radio5 with e. Fairly simple and have had no issues.
Sponsor
Pr0xiMUS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
radmir is updating his build so you should look for latest image @ https://yadi.sk/d/6ttXcerpJ2hg3/DIR860LB1

whackamole wrote:
Pr0xiMUS wrote:
Really have to thank @radmir for preparing padavan firmware for our d-link dir-860L B1! Router is now really really fast and 5Ghz WIFI is working as expected. Finally stable and capable software for this mighty device. I couldn't install padavan fw from dd-wrt so I recommend to use LADE (ex OpenWRT) as you can see below in the post.

I've packaged required files and uploaded them here:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!FxcRzK6D!UxFExlWphPZJb4y5w1NGxHE2G3lmEL4k4vKQmbutaI8

1. Revert to stock D-LINK firmware via recovery firmware upgrade page

2. From stock firmware, upgrade to LADE 17.1 and then install usb support packages (opkg install /path/to/*ipk). Write down MAC addresses of LAN, WAN, WIFI_2G, WIFI_5G, you'll need it later.

3. Prepare USB flash drive with FAT32 partition (not exFAT, be careful) and copy @radmir padavan fw for dir-860l b1

4. Connect to telnet/ssh and mount usb flash drive and flash firmware:
mkdir /mnt/media
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/media
cd /mnt/media
mtd -r write DIR-860L_3.4.3.9-099.trx firmware

5. Connect to console via telnet/ssh and flash mtd2.bin:
After reboot you will see ASUS wifi network, try to connect. At this stage firmware is very unstable, unit is slow and network is not working reliable. Default login is admin/admin and wifi pass is 1234567890 (check padavan fw pages for more info: https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u/wiki/EN/FAQ). BE patient, get the console, mount /dev/sda1 and issue this command:
mtd_write write -r mtd2.bin "Factory"

6. Restore MAC addreses using lan_eeprom_mac, wan_eeprom_mac, radio2_eeprom_mac and radio5_eeprom_mac. Reboot

7. Done! Now everything should work smoothly.

Thank you very much for this. Pretty tough process but somehow I got through it. I had the same issue that others stated in seeing duplicate mac addresses in lede. I ended up grabbing the mac addresses from dd-wrt, then recover to stock Dlink to start the process.

One thing to note is the VPN client in Padavan has been impossible for me to configure and I gave up after a dozen or so tries. It's still a much more useful firmware, so I'll set up a different vpn router.
Huck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
No complaints here has been rock stable since day 1 with padavan.Glad I was lucky enough to buy one when I did. They appear to have become quite rare to find anymore.
amilano
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
radmir wrote:
If anyone is interested I've compiled Padavan firmware for DIR-860L B1.
https://yadi.sk/d/6ttXcerpJ2hg3
No warranty. Backup your factory partition before flashing! Until you will not restore mtd2 router works unstable.

What did you change in config (for DIR-860L)?
alevan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi. Installed Padawan build and working like a charm. But I read that using dd-wrt, the router gets hot. This is still a problem with latest padawan? Is there a way to see the temps?

Also if I want to update to the latest Padawan release by radimir, can I just update it from the web interface, or I have to do it using SSH?
ebt4ever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I have a B1 too and have to say that stability is not a must. I'm using one of the latest build from beta ddwrt.
Can anyone help me choosing a stable version?

In parallel I've seen that there is a padawan version ... but seems complicate to install no?

Regards,

Ebt
Huck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
radmir wrote:
If anyone is interested I've compiled Padavan firmware for DIR-860L B1.
https://yadi.sk/d/6ttXcerpJ2hg3
No warranty. Backup your factory partition before flashing! Until you will not restore mtd2 router works unstable.

Looking at the change for your 1/17/18 build I notice at the bottom is that a fix for krack?

" key reinstallation attacks: forcing Nonce Reuse in WPA2 https://sourceforge.net/p/wive-ng/wive-ng-mt/ci/877999beaf1dec27fe2543206bf33355435c13d3/ "

Plus I also noticed the date changed for the mtd2.bin. Any reason to use the newer version offered?

again thanks for the excellent firmware loving your builds
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Huck wrote:
Looking at the change for your 1/17/18 build I notice at the bottom is that a fix for krack?
If it's question then yes. But it's more impotant to update wireless clients.
Quote:
Plus I also noticed the date changed for the mtd2.bin. Any reason to use the newer version offered
Opss... accidentally moved that bin.
Huck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
radmir wrote:
Huck wrote:
Quote:
If it's question then yes. But it's more impotant to update wireless clients.

yes of course. Thanks

Quote:
Plus I also noticed the date changed for the mtd2.bin. Any reason to use the newer version offered
Opss... accidentally moved that bin.

so don't use that mtd2.bin then?

I was also wondering if you knew if padavan firmware offered "asus's roaming assistant"
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes. No need to update.
I don't expect it and real hwcrypto which can offload all types of encryptions as well. Padavan turned to dark side (ZyXEL).
Pr0xiMUS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
@radmir Hi and thanks for your effort and share. I have one question regarding limiting upload on WAN port. My DSL connection is not working well when upload is in progress. I could resolve this with global upload limit but there is no such option in Padavan FW.

There is an issue reported upstream (https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u/issues/436/add-upload-bandwidth-limit-in-fixed-tx) but no solution is provided. Is is possible to achieve this somehow?
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pr0xiMUS, try to use switch tool https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u/wiki/RU/%D0%A3%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%20%D1%81%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BC . There are mistake in wiki - speed in kbs.
Pr0xiMUS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't understand that tool, its quite complicated. What is "dip"? Seems that I would have to define ports but I need throttle on whole WAN interface (upload only).
This is exerpt from switch help:
Code:
 switch acl dip meter [dip] [portmap][meter:kbps] - rate limit dip packets
 switch acl dip trtcm [dip] [portmap][CIR:kbps][CBS][PIR][PBS] - TrTCM dip packets
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pr0xiMUS, can't check atm but guess for 1 Mbt wan upload limit should be:
switch egress-rate on 5 1024
It's low-level limitation, switch just drops extra packets.
Pr0xiMUS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
radmin, I was able to do some throttling but only on port 6. My upload is 768 Kbps so I went just under that value to stabilize DSL connection. Here is the command:
Code:
switch egress-rate on 5 640

One side effect is that router GUI becomes very sluggish and slow when WAN upload is maxed out at 640 Kbps.

When throttling port 5 nothing is happening. I can't find any description what is bind on which port number. Seven switch ports are probably those: wifi_2.4ghz, wifi_5ghz, WAN and 4xLAN. I've attached picture of switch vlan dump command.

Proper QoS would be much better since this throttling is introducing some other problems (like some packet loss and high latency or regular connections) but now at least DSL connection is stable when upload is maxed out @ 640 Kbps.

thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 6
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: