YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
aloss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 18:40    Post subject: Re: New Error Message Data Missing Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
aloss wrote:
al_c wrote:
aloss wrote:
Hi guys,

Since r32753 I can no longer use the YAMON and iftop tools, forcing me to keep the obsolete version r32597, the last available where these tooks still works correctly.

Being more specific, YAMON and iftop run in later versions to r32753, but only the uploaded bytes are counted. The downloaded data is not counted.

I have already reported the error in SVN: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6067
But the problem was closed by developers saying that these tools are not officially supported by DD-WRT.

@al_c has also reported this issue in the topic below:
https://www.dd-wrt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1112709#1112709

I have already tried to disable the "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" and the issue persists. I updated everything (YAMON, iftop, libpcap, etc) and nothing makes these monitors come back to work in the new releases.

Did you get this problem? Any other tips besides SFE than might be causing the problem?

For information, I'm running DD-WRT on Linksys WRT3200ACM.

Thank you!

Alexandre

I sound a bit like a broken record but set _loglevel=0 (or perhaps -1) & send the logs to questions@usage-monitoring.com.

However, that said, if SFE is enabled, then a good chunk of the packets are routed in the kernel and not iptables so YAMon sees none of that traffic.
ATM, the only option is to disable SFE.

Al

Hi Al,

I do not need SFE enabled and so I have disabled it and the problem persists.
I will increase the log level and send you for analysis with both the r32753 version where YAMon is working on my router and the newest version available from DD-WRT.

Thanks for the support and the great tool, which I can no more stop using.

Regards,

Alexandre

To me it sounds like it is something in your selections in the DD-WRT GUI... SFE is the most common culprit ATM but UPnP and PrivOxy are also known to interfere with YAMon.
What options are selected in the DD-WRT GUI? In particular, on the Setup & Services tabs... DHCP Type? DHCP Server?

Do you have IPv6 traffic on your router? Is that option enabled in your config.file... [aside: I should probably auto-detect that setting].

Sorry - still just questions rather than answers?

Hi Al, SFE, UPnP and PrivOxy are all disabled in my router. DHCP Type is "DHCP Server".

However, the good news I'd like to share with you and to those following this discussion is that since yesterday (February 13) I have noticed that YAMon seems to be functioning properly, not losing more download activity. I'm still following to be sure, but it's promising.

I don't know exactly what seems to have solved the problem, but in the last two days I performed two actions on my router (WRT3200ACM):
1. Installed the DD-WRT r34929 released on February 12th;
2. Removed my users.js file after making a backup copy and restarted the YAMon. This was your sugestion, after I sent you my files for review.

Just for the sake of knowledge, although it is outside the scope of this discussion, iftop still does not work correctly in release 34929 (losing the large volume of download activities). I'm just quoting one last time because I had previously suggested that there might have been a relationship to the problem observed in YAMon with what I observed in iftop. But it seems they are separate issues.

Now I'm expecting to know the new version YAMon 3.4.1 that looks to be amazing! Very Happy

Thanks for your usual attention.
Sponsor
stalonge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
i installed this cool script ..

its working ..

but i have some questions ..

1 - how could i name the devices

2 - there are dozen of way to monitors , but i want specific monitor my kids .. i am worried to find out for where they are surfing the web . There is a way to see what they are doing ..

great job .. dev

Thank you

Very Happy Very Happy

1 R7800 54420 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 54420 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 54389 AP Webserver Samba Wireguard
1 TP link Archer C7v5 54420 Cli Mesh
1 DD x86_64 48296 Gateway Samba Ftp Webserver
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
stalonge wrote:
i installed this cool script ..

its working ..

but i have some questions ..

2 - there are dozen of way to monitors , but i want specific monitor my kids .. i am worried to find out for where they are surfing the web . There is a way to see what they are doing ..

great job .. dev

Thank you

:D :D

YAMon3 will show you what hours of the day they are using the Internet.

To view what sites they are going to, I would look at your DNSMasq cache with these settings...

I enable Local DNS on DNSMasq GUI and add the following script...

server=8.8.8.8
server=8.8.4.4
cache-size=9216
log-queries=extra
log-facility=/tmp/DNSCache.log
log-async=15
dhcp-option=br0,6,192.168.1.1

To make sure the DNSMasq cache is used by the users force them to gateway address in your firewall script....

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -s 192.168.1.0/24 --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.1.0/24 --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1

Whatever is not found in the DNSMasq cache the upstream servers are used and the cache is updated.

Now with a readable DNSCache.log file you can download the file with any software you use or view in a telnet/ssh session with the command...

cat /tmp/DNSCache.log

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
stalonge wrote:

I shut down yamon and manually edit the users.js to identify the hardware and users in the house.

As for end site they are connecting to you can see that in the Live view by IP but, it isn't logged. hint hint

Welcome to YAMon!

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
stalonge wrote:

I shut down yamon and manually edit the users.js to identify the hardware and users in the house.

As for end site they are connecting to you can see that in the Live view by IP but, it isn't logged. hint hint

Welcome to YAMon!

hint noted Smile
jtp10181
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 21:05    Post subject: Devices getting disconnected Reply with quote
So I got YAMon3 all setup and running on my RT-AC56R running Asus-Merlin 380.69_2 all seemed well. First trick was getting the script to run from the shell manually without it exiting when I closed the shell. Once I got that sorted out I added it to the post-mount script and rebooted. It started up by itself and was running fine today. I noticed the CPU spikes pretty hard every 30 seconds which is my update interval. Looks like about 70% for 2-3 seconds. And that's just with a couple active devices on the network. I noticed I kept getting disconnected throughout the day which is not normal. When my wife got home she asked if the internet was down, her phone would not load a webpage at all which I had also noticed at one point while it was running. I think if you are trying to go to a page at the same time the update is happening it is stalling out. So that's when I shut YAMon down and here we are.

Is this normal to see that high of CPU spikes? Anything I can try to see if I can fix this? If I make the update interval shorter (like 5 seconds) will it be quicker each time and even the CPU load out more?

I love statistics, and was interested to see it after a week of data collections. Also I can see who has been on the network at any time, and make sure its people I want on there.
stalonge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys i found out that i dont need to change the device name by changing it in files ..

There is a option ( Group and devices ) to change in GUI

and i could export and import it in others browser & computers ..

Its simple

Very Happy Very Happy

1 R7800 54420 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 54420 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 54389 AP Webserver Samba Wireguard
1 TP link Archer C7v5 54420 Cli Mesh
1 DD x86_64 48296 Gateway Samba Ftp Webserver
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:11    Post subject: Re: Devices getting disconnected Reply with quote
jtp10181 wrote:
So I got YAMon3 all setup and running on my RT-AC56R running Asus-Merlin 380.69_2 all seemed well. First trick was getting the script to run from the shell manually without it exiting when I closed the shell. Once I got that sorted out I added it to the post-mount script and rebooted. It started up by itself and was running fine today. I noticed the CPU spikes pretty hard every 30 seconds which is my update interval. Looks like about 70% for 2-3 seconds. And that's just with a couple active devices on the network. I noticed I kept getting disconnected throughout the day which is not normal. When my wife got home she asked if the internet was down, her phone would not load a webpage at all which I had also noticed at one point while it was running. I think if you are trying to go to a page at the same time the update is happening it is stalling out. So that's when I shut YAMon down and here we are.

Is this normal to see that high of CPU spikes? Anything I can try to see if I can fix this? If I make the update interval shorter (like 5 seconds) will it be quicker each time and even the CPU load out more?

I love statistics, and was interested to see it after a week of data collections. Also I can see who has been on the network at any time, and make sure its people I want on there.

I too had issues when intervals was at 30 and 60 with heavy wifi traffic plus I run many services on my R7000s. I now use intervals of 120 with out issues. Another bottleneck can be the USB stick used to run YAMon3, using a USB3 stick responed better even on a USB2 port.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
Bricoleur
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:22    Post subject: Re: Devices getting disconnected Reply with quote
jtp10181 wrote:

Is this normal to see that high of CPU spikes? Anything I can try to see if I can fix this?

Which command or tool do you use to verify your CPU process on your router ?
jtp10181
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:06    Post subject: Re: Devices getting disconnected Reply with quote
Bricoleur wrote:
jtp10181 wrote:

Is this normal to see that high of CPU spikes? Anything I can try to see if I can fix this?

netdata, and I was also looking at the router GUI which showed the same but it does not keep that much history or detail. See attached graph. It is almost totally flat when YAMon is shut off. If this is not normal maybe I need to drill into it and see what processes exactly is using the CPU.

EDIT: Using htop I noticed a process protect_srv also spiking on the CPU when YAMon would run. Best I could figure this was the DOS Protection, so I disabled that. I also disable the CTF (HW Acceleration) at the same time, as I realized that could be interfering with the data. I also adjusted my update frequency to 60. The netdata charts look about the same, but I am not seeing all the disconnects today. Guessing that it was something with the DOS protection conflicting with YAMon updates.

2018-02-19 14_42_25-RT-AC56R-3B98 netdata dashboard.png
 Description:
netdata
 Filesize:  124.77 KB
 Viewed:  3867 Time(s)

2018-02-19 14_42_25-RT-AC56R-3B98 netdata dashboard.png

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:15    Post subject: Looking for guinea pigs to test v3.4.1 Reply with quote
I've updated the files at usage-monitoring.com to v3.4.1... it's not quite ready for general release but needs more testing that I can give it in my environments.

It was a busy weekend, following some *really* useful info from a tester, I've completely re-written the code that handles bridged devices as well as multiple IPs per MAC (for virtual devices running on a device). I've extended the functionality for both so that you can actually have multiple bridges (previously it was limited to just one... if it worked at all Smile)

There are a number of other changes too...

I've added some rudimentary reporting that warns if you've exceeded your monthly cap (or 1TB if your usage is unlimited). There are also warnings when the projected total traffic looks like it will exceed your cap. I expect there will have to be some refinements to this area of the code.

In the setup script, I've updated the regular expressions a bit (again, based upon feedback from a user) and also added help URLs to each of the prompts (and now I have to create those help topics).

The help page at http://usage-monitoring.com/help/ now allows you to filter the topics into broad categories - e,g,, All, Setup, General, Install, Reports, etc.

I'm sure there are a few others but that's it for now.

As before, to update, run `/opt/install.sh dev`

Please let me know if you find any issues... please send logs and screenshots, etc.

Thanks!

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:22    Post subject: Re: Devices getting disconnected Reply with quote
jtp10181 wrote:
Bricoleur wrote:
jtp10181 wrote:

netdata, and I was also looking at the router GUI which showed the same but it does not keep that much history or detail. See attached graph. It is almost totally flat when YAMon is shut off. If this is not normal maybe I need to drill into it and see what processes exactly is using the CPU.

EDIT: Using htop I noticed a process protect_srv also spiking on the CPU when YAMon would run. Best I could figure this was the DOS Protection, so I disabled that. I also disable the CTF (HW Acceleration) at the same time, as I realized that could be interfering with the data. I also adjusted my update frequency to 60. The netdata charts look about the same, but I am not seeing all the disconnects today. Guessing that it was something with the DOS protection conflicting with YAMon updates.

Thanks for the feedback. I've done as much as I can think of to limit the number of disk accesses, etc. but the nature of the functionality of YAMon is kind of bursty (and bash scripts run full out until they're done... I do not know of a way to throttle the execution. Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Let me know if anything should be added to the related help topic: How can I reduce the load on my server?

Al
LoHF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:06    Post subject: YAMon suddenly stopped loading data correctly Reply with quote
I've been using Yamon for several months now when all of a sudden it suddenly just stopped working. I did not change any configuration or settings, but one day it just stopped loading data for some reason.

The interface would still show up, but nothing would load.

I tried resetting the router to begin with. Then, I updated to the newest version. But I'm still having the same problems. I checked the config file and noticed that it was pointing to a data3 folder. I'm not sure if that's what it's supposed to be doing, so I changed the config to point to data instead, since within my Yamon folder on the router it's under the data directory. However, that still did not work.

When I navigate to the index page I receive this error:
Monthly data file did not load properly?!?
Please check paths to ensure that the file exists: data/2018/02/2018-02-01-mac_data.js

However, in my directory I only have a file that follows this format: 2018-02-mac_data.js

I tried renaming it to the format it's looking for, but that also didn't work.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
Bricoleur
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10    Post subject: Re: YAMon suddenly stopped loading data correctly Reply with quote
LoHF wrote:

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

I have know this problem ! I reformated my USB stick (Ext3) ! Probably was corrupted !
Or better, you can try with another USB stick !
cray
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 20:17    Post subject: Re: Looking for guinea pigs to test v3.4.1 Reply with quote
Trying to run old and dev version. Scripts running but cannot get GUI to work, don't know how to configure so you can access either index.html.

Previous dev GUI would still load, after new update it hangs. If I look in /www I see a mix of 3.4 and 3.3.6 files.

root@nsagateway:/tmp/www# ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Feb 21 04:19 css -> /opt/YAMon3/www/css
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Feb 21 12:11 data3 -> /opt/YAMon3.4/data/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Feb 21 04:19 images -> /opt/YAMon3/www/images
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Feb 21 12:11 index.html -> /opt/YAMon3.4/www/yamon3.4.html
drw-rw-r-- 2 root root 0 Feb 21 10:34 js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Feb 21 04:19 logs -> /opt/YAMon3/logs/

I assume this is not good and can't figure out how to option the config to create two separate trees.

I run the gui at 192.168.1.1/user/index.html. Can't figure out how to make a user2 or what the best way to do this is.

yam34.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  478.21 KB
 Viewed:  3786 Time(s)

yam34.png

Last edited by cray on Wed Feb 21, 2018 23:05; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 137 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: