Cannot flash Trendnet AC3200 TEW-828DRU with dd-wrt firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
slshearer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:15    Post subject: Cannot flash Trendnet AC3200 TEW-828DRU with dd-wrt firmware Reply with quote
Hi
I just purchased a new TEW-828 ac3200 router, I went to Trendnet website and uploaded the latest Trendnet firmware for the router
fw_tew-828dru_v1(1.0.6.0).zip,
this Flash worked great!
On their website they also offer a download: trendnet-dd-wrt FW_TEW-828DRU_v1(v3-r27490).zip
I downloaded the file and extracted it, I then tried to upload the firmware and everything appears to work like the TrendNet normal firmware update but the router will not reboot, I have waited about 15 minutes but the unit appears locked and the USB light is on all the time. If I unplug and power up the unit I noticed that the USB light is on When in this state I cannot access the unit.
I have to do the 30-30-30 to get the unit load the default firmware to work..

The text note with the firmware has the following message
DD-WRT v3.0 r27490
Web GUI Access
Default IP: 192.168.1.1
User: (none, set on initial login)
Password: (none, set on initial login)

Would appreciate anyone's advise on how to get the firmware installed. I appreciate your time and work on providing excellent information and support and design

Stewart
Sponsor
jjm96
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:00    Post subject: same problem did u find a solution Reply with quote
I just purchased the router and tried using the opensource on trendnet site and have to do 30,30,30
to get into router still has same factory software tried multiple times even tried software from this site samething. does any body have any ideas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: