Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 19:08 Post subject: Flashed router causes hash to change on downloaded files
I recently flashed my D-Link DIR810L revA with v24-sp2 as specified in the supported versions listing. Everything seems to be working great. I have a server running ESXi with a few VMs running CentOS 7. After flashing the router, I tried to do some updates to the systems. Immediately, I get errors about the metadata hashes not matching. After doing further testing, I found this was happening a lot. For instance, I downloaded the CentOS 7 iso using a different internet connection and also with my internet connection using the DD-WRT router. I used a utility to calculate the hashes on the files and compared them to the expected hashes on the FTP site from which I downloaded them. The ISO that was downloaded on a separate connection matched perfectly but the ISO that I downloaded via the DD-WRT router did not match. I have searched the settings on the router and I have searched the forums and the googles (extensively) and I have come up with nothing that seems similar to this. Does this sound like a bug in the code? Is anyone else having a similar issue?
Also, read the relevant build threads here on the forums.
As for the actual issue, I have no experience with hash numbers. _________________ Atheros:
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS AP, WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - WDS Station
Linksys WRT400N - WDS Station
D-Link 615 C1 x 4 - WDS Station
D-Link 615 E3 x 2 - WDS Station
D-Link 825 B1 - WDS Station
D-Link 862L A1 - WDS Station (Entware 3x)
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - WDS Station
TP-Link 1043nd v1, inactive, unstable hardware
Broadcom / ARM
Asus N66U - Gateway, DHCP, QoS
Netgear r6300 v1 - Client Bridge
Linksys E2500 - Client Bridge
Linksys EA2700 - Client Bridge
Linksys 160N v3 x2 - not used
Netgear WNDR3700v3 (Entware-3X) - Client Bridge
Asus N56U - padavan firmware
Asus N53U - padavan firmware
Ian - I dowloaded the latest beta from the link you provided but it appears to be the same version. The build number even stayed the same. I am still getting a different hash on the iso. The only reason I use the hash as an example is because I am not sure of any other way to explain what is happening. I am unable to download some files. Some games that automatically download content are failing (Modded Minecraft using the Curse Launcher).
LOM - That hash is what I got externally, but not downloading internally. After doing a binary comparison, it appears they are very different but I believe that may be spacing or something. I attached the results.
I have downloaded the bin files located at that location a day they do not upgrade the system even though it reports successful. I have tried multiple cables on the router tk ensure its not an issue with that
You used another internet connection when getting the file dl correct.
Do you have another router to swap for the DIR-810 to see if the problem persists?
For dd-wrt firmware upgrade use D-Link emergency room (google it and its usage).
Use factory-to-ddwrt file when flashing in the emergency room . _________________ Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
I actually downloaded the bin using my phoneson data connection disconnected from WiFi in order to ensure it wasn't the ISP. It didn't seem to change the download. I will try the emergency room you mentioned and let you know own what happens
Sorry that it took so long to reply. Flashing the device using the emergency flashing procedures does not appear to work. After flashing, I get alternating orange power light and green internet light. From what I've seen, this appears to indicate a problem with the firmware.
I tried a few things and after waiting a few days, I noticed that new versions had been released. I was able to re-flash using version DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17) and it all appears to be working now. Downloaded the CentOS 7 iso as before and ran through the hash program. It matches the good versions of the hash.
In the end, all appears to be fixed. Thanks for all of your help!