unable to establish repeater bridge using WNDR3400v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Eagl3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 23:59    Post subject: unable to establish repeater bridge using WNDR3400v1 Reply with quote
I have been trying to set the WNDR3400v1 as a wireless repeater bridge with my main router but no luck. I am using this wiki guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Instructions

I am using ddwrt v3 - r28493

Main router info:
ip 192.168.0.1
security wpa2
auto channel
no mac filtering

repeater set up:
same ssid on the physical as main router
wpa2 auth, same password
ip: 192.168.0.2
gateway ip: 192.168.0.1
new ssid for the vap
no pass (for testing)

I noticed that sometimes the wndr3400 shows up on the list of connected wireless devices on my main router by recognizing the repeaters MAC, but the IP shows as 0.0.0.0 To my knowledge it seems like the repeater is not making the connection with the main AP properly. I have tried doing two power cycles on the repeater after establishing all the settings.

Also I am unable to ping 192.168.0.2 when I'm connected to the main AP. Just says destination host unreachable.

Can anyone help with this?
Sponsor
robkermit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
#1: When you connect to the DD-WRT page of your master (the device your WNDR3400 is connecting to) and you look at your connected wireless clients, can you see the WNDR3400 holding an active connection?

#2: If the answer to the last question is yes, then you should place your slave on a different subnet. Since you stated your master device has an IP address of 192.168.0.1, then you should place your slave on 192.168.1.1. See if this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: