Kong Build Flashing question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 18:24    Post subject: Kong Build Flashing question Reply with quote
I upgraded my new out of the box Netgear R6700 3 days ago with dd-wrt.K3_R6700_4.chk and so far so good. I understand on initial flash to use the router name specific chk file. My question is going forward (or even reverting back) would I select the file named dd-wrt.v24-3_AC_ARM_STD.bin for the existing build on my Netgear R6700? Thanks in advance for any guidance
Sponsor
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Easy answer, yes.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank for the quick reply. It’s a little confusing coming from the Atheros builds where the naming convention is specific to each device. Then the fact that the initial r6700 flash is router name specific so I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything going forward.
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
Thank for the quick reply. It’s a little confusing coming from the Atheros builds where the naming convention is specific to each device. Then the fact that the initial r6700 flash is router name specific so I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything going forward.

That is because stock firmware checks header for correct model on firmware files while DDWRT doesn't.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ Xeon2k8 - Understood, thanks!
walshlink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
From now on, open SSH to your router and run the following command:

ddup --flash-remote http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
walshlink wrote:
From now on, open SSH to your router and run the following command:

ddup --flash-remote http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

Thanks, I seen that on the Kong ftp site in a Readme file and I noticed a few other postings referencing that procedure. That would be appropriate for going forward but the main reason I was asking was if I needed to revert to an older build. I noticed a few folks were having issues with this build on the R7000. That said from what I could tell the R7000 and R6700 are more alike than different so I just wanted to be prepared.

I’m new to the “Nighthawk class”, I just got my R6700 five days ago. I flashed it right out of the box with the r29440M so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m happy to report after applying my settings and torturing testing the wireless my R6700 has been rock solid for 4 days of continuous uptime.

So Thank You Kong, BS and the other Devs, very nice work indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: