buffalo WZR-1750DHPD guest network issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
matty8199
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 22:26    Post subject: buffalo WZR-1750DHPD guest network issues Reply with quote
so, up until a few weeks ago i had the buffalo dd-wrt that the router came with installed...running beautifully with openvpn server as well as guest networks on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. everything was wonderful.

then, i ran into a few issues with my openvpn config, so i decided to clean house and start over. updated to build 28444. got the vpn set back up the way i want it, but the guest network is giving me fits...i tried setting everything up as it was configured on the router before i started over (i took screenshots of everything), no luck. my phone when i try to connect to the guest network either gets stuck on obtaining IP address, or connects and says 'connected, no internet' for about 3 seconds, disconnects, and then reconnects and does the same thing all over again. my macbook will connect to the guest network if i try, but takes longer than usual to connect and has no internet access.

to try to narrow the problem down, i decided to start over and build the config from scratch. i've tried following several different tutorials, including the one from the peacock thread, and i'm getting NOWHERE. i can't even get anything working with just a simple virtual interface and no other options. in other words, i'm stuck at the "Basic Wireless Settings" part of the tutorial from the peacock thread.

here's my firewall commands, which include my openvpn stuff (this is a direct copy of my firewall script from my router when everything was working perfectly). in this case, br1 doesn't exist yet because i deleted everything when i was trying to rebuild from scratch...but even when i had everything set up exactly like i did weeks ago, it still wouldn't work.

Code:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -p udp --dport 9834 -j ACCEPT

# line below is needed to make sure openVPN port is not forwarded to DMZ
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -p udp --dport 9834 -j ACCEPT

iptables -I FORWARD 1 --source 192.168.77.0/24 -j ACCEPT

# These next two lines may or may not be necessary.
 # I (dereks) did not need them, but bmatthewshea did.
 # Thus, we include them so that this works for more people:
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun0 -o br0 -j ACCEPT

# allow vpn access to router admin
# iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport http -s 192.168.77.0/24 -d 192.168.88.1 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -i tun0 -s 192.168.77.0/24 -d 192.168.88.1 -j ACCEPT

# guest network routing
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j SNAT --to `nvram get wan_ipaddr`
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

# separate guest / private networks
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -o br0 -m state --state NEW -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o br1 -m state --state NEW -j DROP

# block guest access to the router
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport telnet -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport ssh -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport www -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport https -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
Sponsor
matty8199
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
can anyone help me out with this? i've started over and right now i'm at a newly created wireless access point, no security, and i still can't connect to it. android clients just sit stuck on 'obtaining IP address'..
dun4cheap
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Matt, add this to your startup script.

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j MASQUERADE

I assume you already added the additional dhcp servers as described in KONGS guest setup wiki.

This line solved my issue with my guest network on my 1750.

The port 80 forwarding bug with out reapplying settings appears to have been fixxed.

3 Buffalo WZR-1750DHP - DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

6 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

all in eoip configurations, some with vlans running wep and wpa.

Some with proftp enabled and smb enabled. Mixed ISP from Timewarner cable, Cox Cable and AT&T Uverse.
matty8199
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
dun4cheap wrote:
Matt, add this to your startup script.

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j MASQUERADE

I assume you already added the additional dhcp servers as described in KONGS guest setup wiki.

This line solved my issue with my guest network on my 1750.

i think i have? i'm completely stumped at this point...this was working flawlessly until a few weeks ago when i suddenly started having issues with my vpn. upgraded and got the vpn working again, but guest network has been a nightmare.

adding that line to startup hasn't helped. i am however at least able to get a guest IP on br1 now...so we're making progress. but, still no internet...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: