WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199  Next
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
@DaAlphaSupreme
Glad it is working well for you. If you have not read the stickies about install, etc please do yourself a favor and read them or the threads in my sig which are the same. lots of good install, flip partitions and much more in them. The WRT's are a different beast.

--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Sponsor
Charlie13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 14:06    Post subject: r35667/linksys-wrt3200acm Reply with quote
Hello .
I have wrt3200ACM installed the latest DD-WRT r35667 but I can not set vlan 801 for wan. The original soft had a vlan tab and it worked. Above DD-WRT, I am tired for a week on 4 versions of the softwaves. I am asking for help in setting up the vlan or returning to the original software. For the help I can pay through paypal
bschmidy10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay I have a few questions for you guys Very Happy
I have a 3200acm and have had LEDE and now DDWRT installed on it and since they patched the wifi issues a while back I have been very happy. I am still confused about how the tri-band function is working. There are 3 radio options in wireless which makes sense. One 2.4 ghz, one 5.0ghz and the last one shows 5ghz/2,4ghz. How could it be both? also, ive found that depending on the settings i use, i sometimes end up breaking one 5ghz radio or the other, and it seems random which one actually will show up. I have just been disabling the 2.4/5 dual radio interface and havent had any other issues. This is basically the same thing that happens in LEDE as well. Maybe something to do with using up all the bandwidth (or channel width) on one or the other when its mean to be split? not reporting a bug just confused lol. and my other main question is basically just what are some tips or moreso your favorite/best settings to use? any info about good QOS settings? we have 3 ps4s and 2 gaming pcs that need good connection at all times working with 100down/10up. cant seem to find a good answer from googling any of this other than arguments over codel vs sfq.. or for instance what are the pros and cons of using a higher channel width on the 5ghz, i.e. 40mhz vs 160? i know older eqiupment can have trouble with higher ones and that it flat out wont go higher if there is too much interference on the needed extra channels but wont it drop down automatically? sorry for the long winded post. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
@bschmidy10
The 3rd radio is not for use as a wireless connection. It is intended to be used for the detection of radar. Some 5 gig channels are not to be used if certain radar is present. It should be set to disabled. it just a very small antenna built into the chip so not much use anyway.

I do not use QoS so am not a good person to help with that.

My wireless setting are pretty much defaults. Things like mode I leave as mixed. Of course I assign SSID and WPA2 ACS security. I set a channel for both the 2.4 and 5. For me that seems to work better. I also use different SSID names, just so I know what I am connecting to.

bschmidy10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
@myersw
Are you sure about the triband thing? 5ghz only goes up to 1300mbs, so how do they get to the theoretical 3200mbs number with only one 5ghz and one 2.4ghz? also in certain configs i am able to have all three radios working and get nearly identical performance on the regular 5ghz connection vs the second one. In the stock firmware it states that one of the 5ghz bands is used for lower channels and the other for upper.

"Tri-Band technology has a 5 GHz WLAN composed of two (2) radios, where clients will be steered to an upper or lower portion of the band based on distance and/or protocol.
5 GHz1 - Uses channels Auto and 36-48 (lower channels)
5 GHz2 - Uses channels Auto and 149-161 or 165 (higher channels)"

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=141576

I appreciate the feedback and am certainly not saying you are incorrect! i am just still a bit confused.

thanks for the reply Smile
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
bschmidy10 wrote:
@myersw
Are you sure about the triband thing? 5ghz only goes up to 1300mbs, so how do they get to the theoretical 3200mbs number with only one 5ghz and one 2.4ghz? also in certain configs i am able to have all three radios working and get nearly identical performance on the regular 5ghz connection vs the second one. In the stock firmware it states that one of the 5ghz bands is used for lower channels and the other for upper.

"Tri-Band technology has a 5 GHz WLAN composed of two (2) radios, where clients will be steered to an upper or lower portion of the band based on distance and/or protocol.
5 GHz1 - Uses channels Auto and 36-48 (lower channels)
5 GHz2 - Uses channels Auto and 149-161 or 165 (higher channels)"

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=141576

I appreciate the feedback and am certainly not saying you are incorrect! i am just still a bit confused.

thanks for the reply Smile

Read this https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/33030-linksys-wrt3200acm-ac3200-mu-mimo-gigabit-wi-fi-router-reviewed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
@bschmidy10
Reading your discription sounds like you are looking at my Netgear r8000. It does have 2 5gig radios plus 2.4.

The WRT's only have one 5gig radio.

As @Malachi said read the smallnetbuild link he provided. It will answer your questions including the total speed, which most vendors play games to get the great sounding speeds and are not real world.

bschmidy10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
@myersw
@Malachi

you guys are absolutely right!!! that clears a lot up for me. i appreciate the info Very Happy

if you guys have any suggestions for best settings or any other tips its greatly appreciated.

also, any change ddwrt will ever support the cake scheduler for qos? i had great results with it in LEDE.

thanks guys!
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just noticed the marvell programmer on kaloz, closed the mu-mimo issue before it was released. Stating that there may be interruptions with this, due to “other duties” “but this will be final soon. “

Sounds to me like, marvell has given up on this device. They are clearly working on something else.

All i know is, next router will be a netgear or synology.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adamcarter wrote:
I just noticed the marvell programmer on kaloz, closed the mu-mimo issue before it was released. Stating that there may be interruptions with this, due to “other duties” “but this will be final soon. “

Sounds to me like, marvell has given up on this device. They are clearly working on something else.

All i know is, next router will be a netgear or synology.

Foxconn did just buy Linksys/Belkin. That may have something to do with it.
mikesal57
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys...

Just got new Spectrum/Charter Internet.....
I'm trying to set up my 3200acm as client bridge

laptop in in auto , dd wrt is set as 192.168.1.200

I can log into main router 192.168.1.1

Router shows current user OK, 192.168.1.200

But DHCP LEASE shows my laptop as 192.168.1.215

I believe theres a conflict here cause I'm getting NO internet and it says log in error..

Pls help like I'm a 10 year old..

Thxs
Mike
pa3fat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seperate topic would have been better. Next time.

do you have login details from your internet provider?
PPOE settings ok? (your ISP login details needed at this point).

Otherwise you might have regular WAN where the connection is enabled/disabled remotely.

Other option is that your WAN (ISP) thinks there is still old router connected. Can take 10min upto hours to get new WAN IP. Until then no internet.
Shutdown 10+ minutes of modem and WRT3200ACM might resolve this.

That your laptop gets ip above .200 seems normal, you can fix the IP in 'services' somewhere defining the MAC adress of your WIFI Network adapter MAC.
7kt_ql
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:59    Post subject: Ticking along Reply with quote
I had my frustrations with WRT3200ACM and DD-WRT. But it has been ticking along for a month now. There are hand held devices, PC:s, TV:s, survielance cameras, IP-phone, access points and some other stuff connected.
I've been online since the mid nineties. I don't think I ever had any combo of router/modem that was up for an entire month before.

Linksys EA6300: Original firmware, as bridge
Ubiqity Unifi AP AC Lite
Ubiqity Unifi AP AC LR
Ubiqity Unifi AP AC Pro
rotorr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering if there is any DD-WRT foru Guru out there who is still using WRT3200ACM? Mine is still working fine, but need to reboot from time to time. Otherwise, which router would you recommend to buy for a more stable/reliable router? Thx
Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well not qualified as a Guru, but I do use my wrt3200 as a main part of my router stack.

However, I use it differently than a most people. I do not use it for any WiFi & never have. It is in my router stack as a powerhouse to enable me to get the higher thruput speeds I want, while running OpenVPN with split tunneling and also run a router based firewall.

Currently, I do not have problems with it for these uses. And I can exceed the speed of my current ISP account. But my current ISP does not offer 1gig yet. Am still using the older build r33986. Will probably update to build r35531 or r35927 depending on how the later holds up as more people try it.

I will be updating my signature, when I get all the parts of my new router stack in place & Syslog watcher set up for that new stack, my wrt3200 will become the front internet router in my router stack.

hth

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 195 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: