Login into Web Page University/Hotel etc Not possible.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
gin-n-tonic wrote:
SurprisedItWorks wrote:

It will be Christmas week before I will next be traveling, and there will be only one hotel involved. So I may or may not get to test this that week. Failing that, it will be late winter or early spring. So I'm going to have to make some notes and remember to experiment!

Have you made any progress on this?

All I can really do for now is to slowly take data, taking notes as I use the router in various hotels. Since last posting here, I have tried it in three locations.

At the first, a midmarket chain, the router was unable to connect at all.

At the second, it worked fine, connecting instantly. That's good news, as it was a Marriott property, and major chains have not yielded the best results in the past.

At the third, a lower-level, independent-franchise chain, it connected fine but suffered mysterious deaths of the openvpn process at random but generally multi-hour intervals. The latter may have been due to rebooting (in that time frame, a config error on my end was killing the openvpn process after reboot, forcing me to restart the process by hand), but I forgot to check the logs to find out. So it's a weak data point. I do not have the connection watchdog enabled.

You can see that learning whether matters have improved is going to be a slow process.

I am not likely to travel at all in the next few months. The virus is coming, even to my small city, and I check at least four "high risk" boxes and so should, perhaps even more than others, just stay home.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Sponsor
RustyKat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, the same question arose as you decided?
Question
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
RustyKat wrote:
Hello, the same question arose as you decided?
Question

I may not ever know whether the TTL change worked. I certainly will not know it soon. It will be at least a year, because the data accumulate very slowly.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
manjulaagarwal1955
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Such an informative forum and I really get the answers of all my questions.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: