ECB3500 As Bridge for Multicasting Media Device

Budgie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:21    Post subject: ECB3500 As Bridge for Multicasting Media Device Reply with quote
I would appreciate some guidance please on two topics.

I usually give my network devices fixed IPs not available in DHCP range of DHCP server but within the subnet they are working. This makes it easy for me to address them if I need to access control pages. Is this the correct approach?

I am setting up ECB3500 as bridge thus:-

Routers===Firewall/DHCP server===ECB1750 wifi AP---ECB3500Bridge====UPnP Multimedia device.

The multimedia device must get it's address by DHCP as it cannot be given a fixed IP. Also Multicasting is used by UPnP for control and to make the device presence known to wifi control devices on the network. I have read various threads and wikis on this and would appreciate help please in ensuring wireless devices do not block the multicasting.
Sponsor
Budgie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope somebody will reply soon as I need help with the fine tuning. I have the device Basic Setup :-

Wan connection: Disabled
Router Name: DD-WRT (For now until all is OK)
Wan Port: Not Assigned
Time Settings: Enabled, UTC and my ISP Time Server IP

DDNS: Disabled
MAC Address Clone: Disabled but I need advice on this please.

Advanced Routing:
Operating Mode: Router
Dynamic Routing: Disable but I need advice on this please.

Networking:
VLAN Tagging: None set
Create Bridge: None created but I need advice on this please
Port Setup: Defaults
DHCPD: None setup

EoIP Tunnel: None set up.

Wireless: Mode Client Bridge (Routed)
SSID set for main AP
Advanced Settings: Not Set

Wireless Security: Set as required for AP
MAC Filter: Not yet set.
WDS: Not enabled.

Services
DHCP Client. Nothing set. I want the connected device on the lan to be passed the DHCP address from the subnet DHCP server.

DHCP Server Not Used.
DNSMasq: Enabled (Default?)
Local DNS: Disdable
No DNS Rebind Enabled (Default?)
No other settings made, all as default.

Security: All left as default but I see Filter Multicast is ticked. Will this frustrate my UPnP objective when in my configuration?

NAT/QoS All I have changed is to Enable UPnP Service and Clear port forwards at startup. Not sure if I want this given my static installation so would appreciate advice please.

With these settings I can plug in my laptop with DHCP set on the interface and I get an IP from the subnet dhcp server and can access the WAN.

If anybody has time to read this and comment I would appreciate all help and advice offered.

Budge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: