GLi GL-MT300N Add USB Support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
lagrangersf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 17:51    Post subject: GLi GL-MT300N Add USB Support? Reply with quote
Greetings. I just recently purchased a GLi GL-MT300N mini travel router from Amazon. It supposedly has nearly identical hardware to the Buffalo WHR-300HP2, with the only differences being 16MB flash memory instead of 8MB, one LAN port instead of four, and a USB port. The WHR-300HP2 firmware is the version of dd-wrt that their official "how to flash dd-wrt" instructions recommend. Indeed, I was able to flash and configure dd-wrt with no issues whatsoever using the recommended Buffalo firmware (v3.0-r29218 03/07/16), and it is working beautifully (Note: I did skip the startup commands because in our setup WAN is disabled and the WAN port is assigned to the LAN switch).

However, I would like to know now if it is possible to add USB support. I've already looked through the list of supported devices to see if there were any routers with the same chipset that also included USB to try those builds, but there don't seem to be any. Is there a way to add USB support for this router?

Present lack of USB support aside, the recommended Buffalo dd-wrt build is working perfectly on this device, so I wouldn't anticipate there to be any concerns regarding device incompatibility when basing any modifications off of the Buffalo build. The fact that the GLi has 16MB flash instead of only 8MB should also be beneficial in adding this additional functionality.
Sponsor
stefan33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, sorry I found this thread only now...
I wrote before here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=309998&highlight=glmt300n

Hi to everybody, I bought a GL iNet GL-MT300N V1. I didn't get the V2 for 2$ more only because I read this and I don't know if it could work also on V2... Yes/NO?
https://www.gl-inet.com/using-ddwrt-in-gl-mt300n-and-gl-mt300a/
I flash it with the firmware in the link, (Buffalo) of 2016.
The first question is: Than I found the same beta but newer here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads

Or it's "tested" only the firmware of 2016? Because I have olredy flashed with firmware.uimage of 07/01/2018

We are talking about not officially supported device... but...

If I live in Europe firmware-eu.bin should be better or not? And at the end: Is it possible (I mean if I can do by myself) to add usb support for usb stick/hard disk? Because I don't have the USB and NAS tab... Many thanks and excuse me fo too many question in my first post... May be we can help some people more.

At the end I like to have a powerfull, small, dd-wrt router (Openvpn Smile )with usb support... better if wireless AC... so I whait for DD-WRT in the new TP-link. Thank you again... Smile
stefan33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your reply. The first easy thing I try to ask you (I work with computer since about 20 years, but never be before interested to Routers, bu now I' am) is: At the end on my GL-MT300N in this link suggest to use the linked firmware that is on of the Buffalo DD-wrt WHR 3000 HP2 Beta Realese....

https://www.gl-inet.com/using-ddwrt-in-gl-mt300n-and-gl-mt300a/

Bu the qestion is: I can use only that one or also all other same Beta DD-wrt WHR 3000 HP2 firmware that have been uploaded on Buffulo's firmware after the liked one? I'm not talking about usb add support... only talking for router's normal use.

Many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: