TL-WDR4900 v1 - unable to revert neither get WAN IP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Doppel-D
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
BS should pull r31221 & r31277 for wdr4900 units from server.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5727

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for the instruction! A very noob questions, but what does "NPD with Win10" exactly, that is only part which I doesn't understand Sad
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
u can easily recover wdr4900 via tftp, even bs told me this. what is the issue? lookup openwrt wdr4900 wiki serial, follow the method depending on ur v1 or v2. it works i did it many times on my v1.3 when i had it.

if it doesnt work, u are still tftping a broken build. or wrong version build for ur unit. revert further.

fyi v1 = v1.x whatever. v2 = v2.x whatever.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

koala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tatsuya46:

TFTP method has failed. The router did not attempt to seek the recovery BIN file, neither contacted the TFTP server.

Mine is still under warranty, hence not suitable with serial recovery as it will damage the warranty seal if I open up the router box.

Have returned the unit to service center and was said has been repaired.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
koala wrote:
Tatsuya46:

TFTP method has failed. The router did not attempt to seek the recovery BIN file, neither contacted the TFTP server.

Mine is still under warranty, hence not suitable with serial recovery as it will damage the warranty seal if I open up the router box.

Have returned the unit to service center and was said has been repaired.

well that is why u failed, not all wdr4900 have the same tftp ip. blame tplink. u must serial attach to recover. ur retailer "repaired" it cause they serial connected, easy. the boot loader will tell u what the tftp ip is.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Doppel-D
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:

well that is why u failed, not all wdr4900 have the same tftp ip. blame tplink. u must serial attach to recover. ur retailer "repaired" it cause they serial connected, easy. the boot loader will tell u what the tftp ip is.

If it was only a different IP then no serial would be necessary.

A network monitor in "catch all" mode should reveal if the router is searching a TFTP server on what ever IP.

Soldering on that board isn't trivial in my eyes. Starting with removing of the antenna cables to get to the bottom side of the PCB. Tip: Don't unsolder cables on PCB side instead at the antenna side or remove completly with the sticking pad.

Easier would be temporary wire connector that fits & contacts the plated-through hole.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
fleshi wrote:

Thanks for the instruction! A very noob questions, but what does "NPD with Win10" exactly, that is only part which I doesn't understand Sad

It was NTB....notebook. Very important for the procedure ;- )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doppel-D wrote:
fleshi wrote:

Haha, thanks! Very Happy
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
fleshi wrote:
Doppel-D wrote:
fleshi wrote:

Haha, thanks! Very Happy

Thanks everybody the above mentioned solution works great!!! Very Happy Very Happy (very happy)
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doppel-D wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

If it was only a different IP then no serial would be necessary.

A network monitor in "catch all" mode should reveal if the router is searching a TFTP server on what ever IP.

Soldering on that board isn't trivial in my eyes. Starting with removing of the antenna cables to get to the bottom side of the PCB. Tip: Don't unsolder cables on PCB side instead at the antenna side or remove completly with the sticking pad.

Easier would be temporary wire connector that fits & contacts the plated-through hole.

network monitors never caught it, i didnt & still dont know why. since there is multiple versions of wdr4900 especially v1.x their bootloaders probably differ too. mine only advertised its tftp ip via serial. like on v1.3 which is what i had, reset button doesnt or didnt, work on it. but brainslayer said reset button support was added & his worked, but he had a v1.0. ive tested the reset button with help of LOM with a multimeter & it had a voltage on it & worked on stock fw. so it wasnt defective.

tplink does all sorts of shit, no wonder they have so many versions of some routers..

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Doppel-D
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:

network monitors never caught it, i didnt & still dont know why.

Strange. Important thing hereby: Best to use a hub, standard switch won't work. Direct connection should also be ok.

tatsuya46 wrote:

reset button doesnt or didnt, work on it. but brainslayer said reset button support was added & his worked, but he had a v1.0. ive tested the reset button with help of LOM with a multimeter & it had a voltage on it & worked on stock fw. so it wasnt defective.

Same here on a v1.3 and acknowledged from others but don't know if v1.0 or v1.3

tatsuya46 wrote:

tplink does all sorts of shit, no wonder they have so many versions of some routers..

Good point :- )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
another "victim" of this firmware. I have WDR4900 v1.3, exactly same issue, no tftp request with the wps/reset button pressed. these dangerous firmware should be pulled out from the beta download section.
if anyone has a solution, please kindly share.
thanks.
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
whitebox wrote:
another "victim" of this firmware. I have WDR4900 v1.3, exactly same issue, no tftp request with the wps/reset button pressed. these dangerous firmware should be pulled out from the beta download section.
thanks.

See solution it below worked for me:

jiri.dostal wrote:
Hi Koala,

last week I contend with the same as you describe.

Router TL-WDR4900(EU) ver. 1.3 + dd-wrt r30432 (16/08/16). I try flash last version v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17) - result was unfunctional router.

My solution:
- NTB with Win10
- as TFTP server I download and install Solarwinds.net ver 8.7.2 link for download: http://www.stahuj.centrum.cz/internet_a_site/servery/ftp/solarwinds-tftp-server/
- after instalation the "root tmp" is located as "c:\TFTP-Root\"
- I find this FUNCTION original stock FW for WDR4900 http://www.friedzombie.com/tplink-stripped-firmware/ (revert FW from this forum doesn't work!!! in this case)
- download, unpack and rename file "TL-WDR4900-V1-FW0.0.3-stripped.bin" to "wdr4900v1_tp_recovery.bin" and copy to c:\TFTP-Root\
- disable wifi adapter at my NTB and set up static IP 192.168.0.66 NETMASK 255.255.255.0 for ethernet card
- run TFTP server (very simple SW) at status bar is tour IP 192.168.0.66
- clikc in menu File->Configure tab "security". Change to "Transmit and receive files", confirm "OK"
- connect ethernet card (RJ45) at NTB directky by wire to first LAN port at router (no WAN - blue port)
- plug in your router and power it then directly keep the WPS/Reset button pressed
- in the main window tftp server confirms the transfer wdr4900v1_tp_recovery.bin to router
- router reboot and.... original stock FW is running Smile at IP 192.168.0.1
- after that I flash dd-wrt v3.0-30949 std (15/12/16) - you have to use factory-to-ddwrt.bin file
- my router is back in live Smile)

I waste three evenings with this...

(sorry for my weak english)
whitebox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Fleshi, I did try this, but no tftp request coming from the router. I have exactly same router as you (WDR4900(EU) ver 1.3), but i don't know why the router won't initate tftp request Sad

fleshi wrote:
whitebox wrote:
thanks.

jiri.dostal wrote:
Hi Koala,

Router TL-WDR4900(EU) ver. 1.3 + dd-wrt r30432 (16/08/16). I try flash last version v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17) - result was unfunctional router.

My solution:
- NTB with Win10
- as TFTP server I download and install Solarwinds.net ver 8.7.2 link for download: http://www.stahuj.centrum.cz/internet_a_site/servery/ftp/solarwinds-tftp-server/
- I find this FUNCTION original stock FW for WDR4900 http://www.friedzombie.com/tplink-stripped-firmware/ (revert FW from this forum doesn't work!!! in this case)
- download, unpack and rename file "TL-WDR4900-V1-FW0.0.3-stripped.bin" to "wdr4900v1_tp_recovery.bin" and copy to c:\TFTP-Root\
- disable wifi adapter at my NTB and set up static IP 192.168.0.66 NETMASK 255.255.255.0 for ethernet card
- clikc in menu File->Configure tab "security". Change to "Transmit and receive files", confirm "OK"
- connect ethernet card (RJ45) at NTB directky by wire to first LAN port at router (no WAN - blue port)
- plug in your router and power it then directly keep the WPS/Reset button pressed
- in the main window tftp server confirms the transfer wdr4900v1_tp_recovery.bin to router
- after that I flash dd-wrt v3.0-30949 std (15/12/16) - you have to use factory-to-ddwrt.bin file

Millhouse77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
have you tried to connect to the serial console (with an USB-adaptor)?
I fixed my WDR4900 a few times this way.
(Sorry if i over-read that you have already tried.)

whitebox wrote:
Thanks Fleshi, I did try this, but no tftp request coming from the router. I have exactly same router as you (WDR4900(EU) ver 1.3), but i don't know why the router won't initate tftp request Sad

fleshi wrote:
whitebox wrote:
thanks.

jiri.dostal wrote:
Hi Koala,

My solution:
- NTB with Win10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: