ASUS RT-AC66U pfSense VLAN guest WiFi SSID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
barnabas1969
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 0:59    Post subject: ASUS RT-AC66U pfSense VLAN guest WiFi SSID Reply with quote
Hi there,

I've searched the forums (and elsewhere) and I haven't found a conclusive answer.

Until recently, I had an old Linksys router with DD-WRT installed. It died. Since then, I upgraded to an ASUS RT-AC66U. Right now, it is running the stock ASUS firmware.

More recently, I decided to build a pfSense firewall. My firewall machine is a thin Mini-ITX system with one LAN and one WAN interface. There are no expansion slots.

My RT-AC66U is currently configured as an AP. One of the LAN ports on the RT-AC66U is connected to an un-managed switch. The switch is connected to the LAN port on the pfSense firewall.

This works fine. I have two SSID's... one for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz.

I would like to setup a separate "guest" WiFi.

If I install DD-WRT on the RT-AC66U, will I be able to configure each SSID so that it has a unique VLAN tag?

I want my primary SSID's to work just like LAN devices. Let's call the primary SSID's "MyNet24" and "MyNet50" (for 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz).

I want my "guest" SSID's to ONLY allow traffic to/from the WAN. Let's call the Guest SSID's "Guest24" and "Guest50".

If I install DD-WRT on my RT-AC66U, how can I put VLAN tags on my WiFi interfaces based on SSID?

For example:

SSID VLAN
MyNet24 VLAN2
MyNet50 VLAN2
Guest24 VLAN3
Guest50 VLAN3
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: