Facing an error while installing a package using ipkg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
reddytej
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:43    Post subject: Facing an error while installing a package using ipkg Reply with quote
I'm facing problems while trying to install packages on my TPLink TL-WR841N v11 router and receive an error that says unable to unpack control.tar.gz. I've enabled JFFS on my router through a script and currently running on the latest dd-wrt firmware. I've run the following code on telnet,

Code:

mkdir -p /tmp/smbshare/tmp/ipkg
cd /tmp/smbshare/tmp/ipkg
wget  http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/
trunk/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/libpcap_1.7.4-1_ar71xx.ipk
ipkg -d smbfs install libpcap_1.7.4-1_ar71xx.ipk

and receive the following output

Code:

ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/barrier_breaker
       You probably want to run `ipkg update'
ipkg_install_file: ERROR unpacking control.tar.gz from libpcap_1.7.4-1_ar71xx.ip                                                                                                             k

Current firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31825 std (04/06/17)
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't know how you can enable jffs with script but anyway make sure jffs is writable and have enough space.

ipkg is obsoleted long time ago by openwrt so it won't work with latest snapshot ipk. Try older ones from barrier breaker older than 14.07-rc3. You probably will continue to see the same error with newer than 14.07-rc3. Just a suggestion and no guarantee it will work! Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: