Kong 06/10 password??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
madlurker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
on a fresh install I saw the wifi pwd is set to kindhill104
Sponsor
cdoublejj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
google brought me here. my R7000, once updated to latest version kong is now locking me out of the wifi. the label password does not work nor does administrator. resetting doesn't seem to help. it says not to try a 30-30-30 but, that didn't work, may try again. a 6 second reset didn't work either

EDIT the 2018 update was ONLY .chk form, the .bin was ONLY for R7000P and i have the R7000 but, directions specify the .chk can be used to update dd-wrt

EDIT dd-wrt pops up as a secured wifi the only pass words i set was the initial kong chk flash from netgear made me set a password before i could continue to the admin settings to flash the 2018 kong chk

EDIT: sod it. it has bad LAN port, i think it got hit by power surge at one point in time. i'll just scrap the circuit board.
atshoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
R7000 here,
have just installed the Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r37015M kongac (09/23/18) as with netgear stock firmwares > 1.0.9.64_10.2.64.
Apparently it's the only one that bypass Netgear's firmware protection check. (see here : https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_R7000#How_to_install)

So on reboot my wifi password was the stock one from the sticker under the router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: