Bufferbload issue on upload

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jfrancais
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:22    Post subject: Bufferbload issue on upload Reply with quote
Running a TPLINK TL-WDR3600 v1 with 32170.
DSL internet connect with 25 up and 5 down.
Download is fine but when I'm uploaded it crushes my network. http://www.dslreports.com/speedtestis showing down speeds as fine but huge bufferbloat issues on the upload. 1-3 second buffer bload during upload.

I've tried with QOS on and off, with same issue. My QOS settings are:

HTB, FQ_CODEL, 20000 downlink, 1700 uplink. I've played with the downlink and uplink settings and the bufferbload issue remains.
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
guessing u mean 25mbps down 5mbps up..

try hfsc with fq_codel

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

jfrancais
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
guessing u mean 25mbps down 5mbps up..

try hfsc with fq_codel

Yes, 25 and 5. Tried hfsc and had the same issue
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
reduce upload to 1024 & go back to htb, try again

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

jfrancais
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
reduce upload to 1024 & go back to htb, try again

Same. Upload speed drops in the test but buffer bloat stays high.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
can u post links to some of ur test results from dslreports

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

jfrancais
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
can u post links to some of ur test results from dslreports

HTB: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/18504340
HFSC:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/18504456
HTB 1024 uplink: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/18504580

Also tried with the packet priorities on and off. Same effect.
SaschaITM
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wonder what you two are trying to achieve here. Online internet speed tests are far from reliable and accurate, there's just too many factors involved that are impossible to measure. What if, for instance, OP's ISP is using a forced transparent proxy? Using online speed tests is only marginally better than using a crystal ball. If you are trying to identify connectivity/internet speed issues I'd start with more "real" matters - what ISP and where is the client located (large city/rural area?), how is the client connected to the router (WiFi in a crowded area?), how many users are using the internet line, what kind of hardware and cables are being used, etc. . The list of variables just goes on and on.
jfrancais
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaschaITM wrote:
I wonder what you two are trying to achieve here. Online internet speed tests are far from reliable and accurate, there's just too many factors involved that are impossible to measure. What if, for instance, OP's ISP is using a forced transparent proxy? Using online speed tests is only marginally better than using a crystal ball. If you are trying to identify connectivity/internet speed issues I'd start with more "real" matters - what ISP and where is the client located (large city/rural area?), how is the client connected to the router (WiFi in a crowded area?), how many users are using the internet line, what kind of hardware and cables are being used, etc. . The list of variables just goes on and on.

When I'm doing heavy uploading on my network to internet the rest of my network internet (wired and wireless clients) suffers, download and all. I'm trying to stabilize so if one of the clients is uploading it doesn't crush the entire network (VoIP clients, etc)
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaschaITM wrote:
I wonder what you two are trying to achieve here. Online internet speed tests are far from reliable and accurate

incorrect

jfrancais wrote:
When I'm doing heavy uploading on my network to internet the rest of my network internet (wired and wireless clients) suffers, download and all. I'm trying to stabilize so if one of the clients is uploading it doesn't crush the entire network (VoIP clients, etc)

based on the 1 server ur using, is ur isp bellmts?

uncheck all tcp packet priorities, set all ur services to standard or delete them, when testing.

can u post a screenshot of a trace route to rainyday.ca when the line is idle (its the les.net winnipeg speedtest server)

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

jfrancais
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
SaschaITM wrote:
I wonder what you two are trying to achieve here. Online internet speed tests are far from reliable and accurate

incorrect

jfrancais wrote:

based on the 1 server ur using, is ur isp bellmts?

uncheck all tcp packet priorities, set all ur services to standard or delete them, when testing.

can u post a screenshot of a trace route to rainyday.ca when the line is idle (its the les.net winnipeg speedtest server)

I'm on Sasktel DSL.

I'll post my trace route when I have a chance to isolate the clients off.

Thanks for your continued assistance,
Jared

PS - as an aside, can a backup from the router be restored on another atheros DD-WRT router with same and/or different firmware? I have a couple routers (2 tplink versions and a buffalo version). If I could backup and restore to other hardware I could verify it isnt a hardware/firmware version issue.
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:44    Post subject: PS addressed Reply with quote
Hello,

I can address the PS. No, a backup made on one router is only good on that router (same physical device) and that firmware version (ex: 32170, 31899, etc). For example, just because I have several DIR-615 rev:C1 , I can not back up one and restore to the others. It does not work that way at all.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: