WL500GP bricked...why... and what can i do now ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
yorgosb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:54    Post subject: WL500GP bricked...why... and what can i do now ? Reply with quote
Hello people...it all started one year ago...i thought i had bricked my asus wl500gp because i wasnt pressing the reset but the ezsetup button...so i had my brother who is experienced mobile repairman do the pin 9 short trick and it worked...but i bricked it again and i asked him to do it again and it didnt work (is the pin short trick expiring at some time and cannot be used anymore ? Mine was the second time)...so i stored it and sometime later i discovered that i was pressing the wrong button so i preset the right one and entered restore mode (router wasnt damaged because my brother is very experienced at soldering)...i used the router for a year with ddwrt site recommended firmeare until i had the idea to try to flash tomato usb...but i was lazy to flash by entering restore mode so i renamed the .trx to .bin and flashed from ddwrt interface chosing reset to defaults...it didnt boot so i entered restore mode BUT the ip of the router wasnt 192.168.1.1 but 192.168.11.1 (the one i had with ddwrt)...tftp finished fine reported success but unit was bricked...leds lit initialy upon poweron then ALL off.no power led slightly lit wifi led and only lan leds lit when connected...unit working as a switch but unresponding to pin at 192.168.1.1 192.168.11.1 and not showing anything with wireshark
Tomato tried to flash was this
http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26/build5x-140-MultiWAN/tomato-K26USB-1.28.RT-MIPSR1-140-BTgui-VPN.zip
Why it was bricked its correct isnt it ?
Tried the pin short trick with help of my brother but i knew from last year it wasnt going to work...nothing changed...
So now that unit is bricked is there anything i can do ?
I have no problem desoldering and soldering back SMT flash or other chips or programming them with EEPROM programmer i have tools and people with experience to soldering...its just that there are no instructions online
Also cannot understand why pin short trick worked once didnt work second time ALLTHOUGH the unit wasnt damaged by it since it worked for a year (after restore)

Thank you...
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: