dd-wrt on TP-link Archer C1200 (not supported)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
anegroo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 20:44    Post subject: dd-wrt on TP-link Archer C1200 (not supported) Reply with quote
It is a newby question I know, but I tried to red the important postst without finding the right answer. There is any chance for dd-wrt or any other open source firmware to work with officially unsupported TP-link Archer C1200 (http://www.tp-link.com/no/products/details/Archer-C1200.html) with Broadcom BCM47189 chipset? The Chipset is the same as from the supported (WIP) Asus RT-AC1200G+ router. Can I broke it definitively if I try it?

Thank you
Sponsor
filipearaujo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm also interested in flashing a new firmware on this router, did you have any luck with the image from the Asus?
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it's not here then it won't work

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#TP-Link

R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
filipearaujo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I searched there and saw that this model was not supported, i was just wondering if with the Asus image it could maybe work ( not very likely but since it has the same chipset there could be some hope).

I really need to find a way to get ssh access to this router, i know it has the open ssh ports, but all the tunneling inside is blocked.

So either i break it with a random firmware from a device with the same chipset or it will just go into the garage.

Best Regards,
trujello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
anegroo wrote:

with Broadcom BCM47189 chipset? The Chipset is the same as from the supported (WIP) Asus RT-AC1200G+ router. Can I broke it definitively if I try it?

filipearaujo wrote:

So either i break it with a random firmware from a device with the same chipset or it will just go into the garage.

Did either of you give it a try? What were your results:?:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: