OpenVPN client not running on startup

sect7g
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 13:06    Post subject: OpenVPN client not running on startup Reply with quote
Running: DD-WRT v3.0-r32170 std (06/01/17)

Enabled my OpenVPN client under Services -> VPN -> OpenVPN Client but the client does not seem to run on start. Connected to the router via ssh and started poking around looking for a startup script for openvpn and I was not able to find one. My configuration is correct - I was able to create a tunnel by running:
openvpn --config /tmp/openvpncl/openvpn.conf

From the IPVanish guide I followed I was under the impression that the DD-WRT startup sequence has some init script that starts the OpenVPN services that are enabled on Services -> VPN but I am I a noob when it comes to DD-WRT. Also, noticed that nvram settings get updated when I click Apply Settings on GUI. What startup script is writing the nvram settings to the /tmp/openvpncl/openvpn.conf file on startup? Also what startup script starts the services? In my case, it seems that either the openvpn startup script is not getting run at all or is failing. If it is failing there is nothing in the logs.

These are the only scripts I could find that use the nvram settings for openvpn:
/etc/openvpnlog.sh
/etc/openvpnstate.sh
/etc/openvpnstatus.sh
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: