Linksys E2500 v3 is now TomatoUSB cant get it back to DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
Did you try: flash -noheader : flash1.trx
?
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery#To_flash_the_firmware

yes with the same result
Sponsor
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
also tried this way but the error is the same

CFE> flash -ctheader : flash1.trx
Reading :: CODE Pattern is CORRECT!
upgrade_ver[v3.0.4] upgrade_ver[30004] 4712_ver[0]
Done. 12817408 bytes read
fname=flash1.trx
CODE Pattern is correct! (25V3)
Programming...Failed.: Not an ELF-format executable
*** command status = -4
CFE> upgrade code.bin
Reading :: CODE Pattern is CORRECT!
upgrade_ver[v3.0.4] upgrade_ver[30004] 4712_ver[0]
Done. 12817408 bytes read
fname=flash1.trx
CODE Pattern is correct! (25V3)
Programming...Failed.: Not an ELF-format executable
*** command status = -4
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wiki indicates that the header had to be modified to flash and the returning to stock is problematic. You should read the wiki install guide, and all linked posts.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
The wiki indicates that the header had to be modified to flash and the returning to stock is problematic. You should read the wiki install guide, and all linked posts.

thanks for the reply but actually im already on stock firmware
the problems started with the router when i wanted to update the stock firmware with a newer version on the web gui.it failed,than i realized that 30/30 reset has no effect and despite that the router working properly it wont save any settings after reboot than i decided to try serial recovery

what am i missing here? ive tried searching for that "Not an ELF-format executable" error and get nothing
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex0001 wrote:
Murrkf wrote:

the problems started with the router when i wanted to update the stock firmware with a newer version on the web gui.it failed,than i realized that 30/30 reset has no effect and despite that the router working properly it wont save any settings after reboot than i decided to try serial recovery

what am i missing here? ive tried searching for that "Not an ELF-format executable" error and get nothing

I sent you a PM back yesterday ifin you'd check your inbox. Link in there to some useful info.

I didn't read all this old thread but there waa mention of router default IP 192.168.0.1 Rolling Eyes
AFAIK that is a linksys connect thangy that will auto change default router IP when it sees that dufus has plugged into a modem or router that is on the 192.168.1.0 subnet.
If you are in the bootloader you should have static IP on your computer something like 192.168.1.2 ... routers IP will be 192.168.1.1

There is a wiki somewheres about serial recover for the linksys router.

Number ONE thing to do is erase the nvram before trying to flash it.
Use the (old) original linksys firmware for your router prolly give best results.
log of last time I had to recue an E2500
http://mrjcd.com/junk/dd-wrt/E2500/E2500-board/log.html

ah knew there twas a wiki >> https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery#Serial_Commands
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
alex0001 wrote:
Murrkf wrote:

I sent you a PM back yesterday ifin you'd check your inbox. Link in there to some useful info.

I didn't read all this old thread but there waa mention of router default IP 192.168.0.1 Rolling Eyes
AFAIK that is a linksys connect thangy that will auto change default router IP when it sees that dufus has plugged into a modem or router that is on the 192.168.1.0 subnet.
If you are in the bootloader you should have static IP on your computer something like 192.168.1.2 ... routers IP will be 192.168.1.1

There is a wiki somewheres about serial recover for the linksys router.

Number ONE thing to do is erase the nvram before trying to flash it.
Use the (old) original linksys firmware for your router prolly give best results.
log of last time I had to recue an E2500
http://mrjcd.com/junk/dd-wrt/E2500/E2500-board/log.html

ah knew there twas a wiki >> https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery#Serial_Commands

hi.yes i started with nvram erase and of course the computer was set to static ip,the tftp reported success,than the cfe throw that error.also tried 4 different stock firmware version.and yes it is a v3 so the images must be correct

ps:where to open my inbox?i did not received any notification from a pm
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:

Reports of your death were exaggerated. 😂

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Murrkf wrote:

Reports of your death were exaggerated. 😂

Are we sure it is the REAL Murrkf Question

Razz
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex0001 wrote:

alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
alex0001 wrote:

thanks i found it Smile

any idea for the Not an ELF-format executable error? Wink
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex0001 wrote:

Not really other than something it NOT right Evil or Very Mad

Don't know that the ver3 was ever actually supported here although many have dd-wrt on it.
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500#Flashing_hardware_version_3

I would prolly shoot over and get an older Shiiby build
http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-N/build5x-128-EN/Linksys%20E-series/

see if you can make it load -- it will work better than dd-wrt on that router anyways
doing serial may have to change file name make it think its a linksys firmware

I don't own the E2500v3 but there is old posts "somewhere" I was involved in where he took the E2500v3 back forth from dd-wrt to tomato without any problem using the
'erase linux' command
and installing firmware from the linksys firmware managment page. I have also done that a lot with ver 1 & 2.
If I understand correctly you have stock firmware but can't get anything to work????
May have to go over in the linksys forums see what you can find.
Could be the CFE is outawhack????

Before trying anything drastic I would first trash whatever you are working with, clear your browser, download the official firmware (again) and the linksys connect -- see if it will communicate with the router. I can't tell you anything about linksys connect ... never used it and don't know what it looks like but it's an option to try. all that fails then you might try serial with the official firmware then try shibby tomato firmware....Do all this at your own risk ...just suggestions of what I might do. I have used serial to connect to the E2500 many times and failed to get FW to install --- go back to it hours or days later and it works perfectly first try.
Razz
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
alex0001 wrote:

Not really other than something it NOT right Evil or Very Mad

Don't know that the ver3 was ever actually supported here although many have dd-wrt on it.
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500#Flashing_hardware_version_3

I would prolly shoot over and get an older Shiiby build
http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-N/build5x-128-EN/Linksys%20E-series/

see if you can make it load -- it will work better than dd-wrt on that router anyways
doing serial may have to change file name make it think its a linksys firmware

I don't own the E2500v3 but there is old posts "somewhere" I was involved in where he took the E2500v3 back forth from dd-wrt to tomato without any problem using the
'erase linux' command
and installing firmware from the linksys firmware managment page. I have also done that a lot with ver 1 & 2.
If I understand correctly you have stock firmware but can't get anything to work????
May have to go over in the linksys forums see what you can find.
Could be the CFE is outawhack????

Before trying anything drastic I would first trash whatever you are working with, clear your browser, download the official firmware (again) and the linksys connect -- see if it will communicate with the router. I can't tell you anything about linksys connect ... never used it and don't know what it looks like but it's an option to try. all that fails then you might try serial with the official firmware then try shibby tomato firmware....Do all this at your own risk ...just suggestions of what I might do. I have used serial to connect to the E2500 many times and failed to get FW to install --- go back to it hours or days later and it works perfectly first try.
Razz

well where i see the erase linux command was a telnet process not serial
also i dont ever tried the linksys connect
i have 4 different official firmware versions and i get the same error for both.also tried with a ddwrt image
i cant find anything about the v3 anywhere
also tried different cables,lan cards and serial adapter many times
and yes i can communicate with the router,it works as it should but if i change anything from the gui it reverts to the previous state after restart,also fw update from gui fails too.
30/30 reset has no effect
alex0001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
i checked the board for a jtag header too but it has none Sad
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex0001 wrote:

Upload a picture of the board but not a huge picture.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
alex0001 wrote:

Upload a picture of the board but not a huge picture.

[/url]https://imgur.com/a/yfmHQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: