Options for Impede Bruteforce not saving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
invisibletouch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18    Post subject: Options for Impede Bruteforce not saving Reply with quote
https://i.imgur.com/owFnTKw.png

Obviously clicked the boxes and hit apply, or save, and it doesn't save. Were these options disabled? If so, why? Do these settings work in other versions?

using DD-WRT v3.0-r32170 mini (06/01/17)
Sponsor
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you have those services in use? I Believe they only work if your activated them.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
Brimmy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems odd because mine works, have you cleared nvram?

works.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.2 KB
 Viewed:  6100 Time(s)

works.png

invisibletouch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
mac913
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 0:04 Post subject:
Did you have those services in use? I Believe they only work if your activated them.

What do you mean? Am I missing something?

Quote:
Brimmy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 Post subject:

Yeah I just did still isn't working.

I'm also having problems with getting QOS to work. It's letting me update the fields and save but they're not actually doing anything after running download tests. I'd upload screenshots but I'm tired.
Brimmy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
invisibletouch wrote:
Quote:
mac913
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 0:04 Post subject:

What do you mean? Am I missing something?

Quote:
Brimmy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 Post subject:

Yeah I just did still isn't working.

I'm also having problems with getting QOS to work. It's letting me update the fields and save but they're not actually doing anything after running download tests. I'd upload screenshots but I'm tired.

Try to telnet to the router then nvram erase then reboot and then reflash with a firmware and try again.
invisibletouch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Try to telnet to the router then nvram erase then reboot and then reflash with a firmware and try again.

Did that, no dice. router is wrt54gl v1.1 if that helps.
Brimmy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
invisibletouch wrote:
Quote:

Did that, no dice. router is wrt54gl v1.1 if that helps.

Have you tried previous DDWRT firmware versions to see if it would help? Try BS r31924 if you haven't.
invisibletouch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Have you tried previous DDWRT firmware versions to see if it would help? Try BS r31924 if you haven't.
Was removed
Brimmy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
invisibletouch wrote:
Quote:
Was removed

BS r31899 then.
invisibletouch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry I wasn't expecting a reply so quick ill put the original message in this post

"Router won't take that build for some reason even though I guess it's small enough to fit in the flash storage for upgrade."

Q: Why can't I directly upgrade from a stock Linksys firmware to DD-WRT versions other than MICRO or MINI? A: The stock firmware from Linksys on the WRT54GL v1 and 1.1 won't accept a firmware image over 3MB in size (you will get the error: "Upgrade are failed! [sic]" if you try). So you will need to flash the micro or mini versions of DD-WRT onto the router BEFORE flashing the standard, voip, and vpn versions. Be sure to hard reset your router to restore firmware defaults both BEFORE AND AFTER you upgrade even to the micro or mini DD-WRT.

r32170 mini fits even though its 3,057 kb

BS r31899 is 3549 KB and soft bricks the router and I have to go through tftp to recover

Am I missing a step? I'm really tryin here

Last edited by invisibletouch on Sun Sep 24, 2017 19:04; edited 2 times in total
Brimmy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
invisibletouch wrote:
Router won't take that build for some reason even though I guess it's small enough to fit in the flash storage for upgrade.

Then the issue could be in the router for some reason. Are you sure you cleared nvram properly? Maybe do a 30/30/30 reset too. Try another older build if it doesn't work then it has to be in the router.
invisibletouch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I edited my post to include relevant info. I'm not sure what would be wrong with my router. I have some ideas but it's not because of anything I did to it. It works fine with stock firmware and this build I'm using.
Brimmy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
invisibletouch wrote:
I edited my post to include relevant info. I'm not sure what would be wrong with my router. I have some ideas but it's not because of anything I did to it. It works fine with stock firmware and this build I'm using.

It would work well with stock firmware because that is how it is designed, for me on my wzr1750dhp, i had to open the router and serial connect to flash to ddwrt and even when ddwrt was installed it was buggy moving from build to build did not help me the only thing that helped was to erase nvram when i connected through the serial connector then flash the router. Buffalo had put some code into one of the stock firmware releases to block a user from flashing to third party software via webGUI, maybe Linksys has done the same and you may not know.

You may very well be missing something but it may not be your fault.
invisibletouch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
block a user from flashing to third party software via webGUI

Doesn't work when I flash through tftp either, if that changes anything. As long as I'm not doing anything blatantly wrong like trying to flash a firmware too big for the router, I don't see any reason why I can't do this beyond what you suggest, though. I welcome any other suggestions to work around this. If none, I'll also welcome suggestions for reasonably priced routers that either have good stock firmware or are good at flashing ddwrt. Thanks Very Happy
Brimmy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
invisibletouch wrote:
Quote:
block a user from flashing to third party software via webGUI

Doesn't work when I flash through tftp either, if that changes anything. As long as I'm not doing anything blatantly wrong like trying to flash a firmware too big for the router, I don't see any reason why I can't do this beyond what you suggest, though. I welcome any other suggestions to work around this. If none, I'll also welcome suggestions for reasonably priced routers that either have good stock firmware or are good at flashing ddwrt. Thanks Very Happy

The router companies have recently agreed to some rules by the FCC making them have to "lock down" the router against flashing third party firmware, Buffalo is one company that has stated as much which is why i have decided to not buy their routers anymore.
TFTP flashing is not the same as telnet but it does offer the same concept, or so i am of the view. As an example telnet would look like this..
telnet into your router, the name is root and the pass is admin, this was changed by BS, i think, thne
erase nvram then <--- this part is really essential and somehow really clears the nvram totally to start fresh
reboot then
wait until router is booted telnet again into the router
wget ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/02-28-2017-r31544/dlink-dir615c1/dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin then
write dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin then
reboot

Reasonably priced can suggest different variations to different people, do you mean $70-$100 or $100/150 or....As it stands now the good routers are all above US$140, although you will find some gems under that. What price range are you willing to spend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: