New Build 33345 for D-Link DIR-868L Rev A & DIR-880L Rev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
whats backport?

Are you looking for Quarkysg 33772 version? If so, look under his OLD build folder where you get his FW from. He keeps old FW builds there.

XGhosT192 wrote:
Good afternoon.

Do you have backport for 868L (build 33772)?
I can't setup the IPTV through the igmprt.
I think, IGMP packages not forwarding thru br0.

UDPXY working perfectly, but only with a low load on WAN
(up to 35Mbit/s)
Sponsor
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would suggest to try the latest BS or Kong’s build, but turn off SFE if your WAN link is less than 200mbps.

Old builds have kernel bugs that’s patched on later builds, so it’s always good to use the latest builds.

If your WAN link speed is higher, use my latest build.
Heracles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28    Post subject: New build is working great Reply with quote
Hi guys,

During Christmas time, I flashed 2 Dlink DIR-880L using Quarksys r34311b. Both are doing great. One is heavily loaded : DNS ; DHCP ; OpenVPN Server ; OpenVPN Client ; SSH server ; 3 SSID over 3 different IP networks ; IPTables firewall pushed using Firewall Builder and more. It has been running for over 8 days (reboot by a power failure...), it is stable and reliable.

I flashed them from the Web interface, asking to reset the config tp factory default and I re-configured them completely.

Congrats on fixing the build for this router!

Heracles
krispucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 22:58    Post subject: Re: New build is working great Reply with quote
Heracles wrote:
Hi guys,

During Christmas time, I flashed 2 Dlink DIR-880L using Quarksys r34311b. Both are doing great. One is heavily loaded : DNS ; DHCP ; OpenVPN Server ; OpenVPN Client ; SSH server ; 3 SSID over 3 different IP networks ; IPTables firewall pushed using Firewall Builder and more. It has been running for over 8 days (reboot by a power failure...), it is stable and reliable.

I flashed them from the Web interface, asking to reset the config tp factory default and I re-configured them completely.

Heracles

I am going to try this as well on my DIR-880L (Hardware Version A2). The stock FW is so incredibly frustrating when it comes to DHCP limitations.
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 16:04    Post subject: Re: New build is working great Reply with quote
One thing I learned with D-Links DHCP Reservation limitations, is to set Static IP addresses out side of the routers DHCP IP address pool for those devices that don't need much router management. Devices like, printers, controllers, NAS, some phones and low priority devices, set a STATIC IP address ON the device. Save IP Reservations for those devices that need more router management and handling. Not all devices need a reservation.

krispucci wrote:
Heracles wrote:
Hi guys,

Heracles

I am going to try this as well on my DIR-880L (Hardware Version A2). The stock FW is so incredibly frustrating when it comes to DHCP limitations.
krispucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 18:08    Post subject: Re: New build is working great Reply with quote
FurryNutz wrote:
One thing I learned with D-Links DHCP Reservation limitations, is to set Static IP addresses out side of the routers DHCP IP address pool for those devices that don't need much router management. Devices like, printers, controllers, NAS, some phones and low priority devices, set a STATIC IP address ON the device. Save IP Reservations for those devices that need more router management and handling. Not all devices need a reservation.

krispucci wrote:
Heracles wrote:
Hi guys,

Heracles

I agree. But I need more than 25 reservations which the stock FW seems to provide. I hope DD-WRT does not have that limit.
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does't I don't believe. However not ALL devices have to have a reservation or Static either.

Let us know how it works for you though.
krispucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed to DD-WRT and I could not be happier. System is running flawless...over 30 wifi devices, not a single issue. In fact, even my wireless signal has improved on my upper floors. I am going to return the DAP-1620 as I have no need for it anymore.

I cannot understand how the stock FW cannot be improved to be more functional. Thank god for the open-source community.
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Possible that your configuration and environment could be a cause of bad OEM FW behaviors. Glad WRT is working better. Enjoy.
krispucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seem to be experiencing some Remote Desktop issues with this FW.

External clients can connect, but the display is blank and unresponsive.

I have also experienced where the session constantly disconnects and reconnects.

Anyone else experience this?
a_pikachu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
krispucci wrote:

I have also experienced where the session constantly disconnects and reconnects.

I got something similar which is unable to connect (once connect will disconnect and retry). End up I have to setup a QoS rule to give rdp a higher privilege.
captain.tinker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
deleted by user.

Last edited by captain.tinker on Mon Jan 29, 2018 19:11; edited 1 time in total
krispucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
a_pikachu wrote:
krispucci wrote:

I got something similar which is unable to connect (once connect will disconnect and retry). End up I have to setup a QoS rule to give rdp a higher privilege.

yes, that is exactly my issue. I will try QoS. Did that seem to help for you?
krispucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
krispucci wrote:
a_pikachu wrote:
krispucci wrote:

yes, that is exactly my issue. I will try QoS. Did that seem to help for you?

Confirmed this works great! Thank you.
krispucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anyone successfully created a guest wifi network with this version? I am following the instructions posted here with no luck.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Guest_Network
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: