New Build 33345 for D-Link DIR-868L Rev A & DIR-880L Rev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
ReinerS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 15:10    Post subject: Guest-WLAN Reply with quote
I had the same problem and solved it for me.

I now have a guest WLAN with separate SSID and separate password.

The guests only have access to the internet, not to my local resources. However, it took me several tries and one important step I discovered was the fact, that the guest WLAN only worked after rebooting the router.

I don't know what network setup you need, I use my DIR only as AP not as router to the internet.

I'll try to shortly describe the steps I performed:

1. Configure DNSMasq for DHCP as I have got an internal DHCP for my private network

2. Create a virtual interface for the guest WLAN, use bridged mode

3. Set password for the new wireless network. You need to reboot afterwards, otherwise the setting, especially the pre-shared key will not work

4. Create a bridge and assign the bridge to the virtual wireless interface

5. COnfigure the new bridge (IP, gateway, subnet mask)

6. Define firewall rule set

7. reboot

I found my solution by trying different suggestions and tips from the internet.
Sponsor
blackraiin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello guys/gals,

I am a newbie and I have done some research on connecting my USB storage. I have done some research here on the forum and also on Youtube

I have a D-Link DIR-868L with the following

- Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r34929a quarkysg-std (02/15/1Cool

Followed directions, however I am stuck here (see attached)

I waited a couple of minutes after connecting USB and rebooted my router and then once it was up I waited about a min or so and then clicked apply settings and then I saved but under "Disk Info" ... nothing populated with info about my external hard drive. Did I miss a step during this process ?

Please help.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 8.49.02 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.97 KB
 Viewed:  7499 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 8.49.02 PM.png

quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
blackraiin wrote:
Hello guys/gals,

I am a newbie and I have done some research on connecting my USB storage. I have done some research here on the forum and also on Youtube

I waited a couple of minutes after connecting USB and rebooted my router and then once it was up I waited about a min or so and then clicked apply settings and then I saved but under "Disk Info" ... nothing populated with info about my external hard drive. Did I miss a step during this process ?

Please help.

Thanks

Is your external USB drive formatted as a NTFS volume? That would most likely be the problem. There's no NFTS filesystem support compiled in my builds. I think the standard builds from BS or Kong also does not have NTFS support.

Try re-formatting the volume as VFAT, exFAT or ext3/4 volumes and your router should auto-mount the USB drive.

Also, unless you need > 15 VLAN IDs or you need to use PBR with SFE, I would suggest that you use Kong or BS' builds instead of mine.

HTH.
blackraiin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
blackraiin wrote:
Hello guys/gals,

Please help.

Thanks

Is your external USB drive formatted as a NTFS volume? That would most likely be the problem. There's no NFTS filesystem support compiled in my builds. I think the standard builds from BS or Kong also does not have NTFS support.

Try re-formatting the volume as VFAT, exFAT or ext3/4 volumes and your router should auto-mount the USB drive.

Also, unless you need > 15 VLAN IDs or you need to use PBR with SFE, I would suggest that you use Kong or BS' builds instead of mine.

HTH.

Ahhhh ok that explains ... I guess I am going to have to do without the USB and NAS support as my external HD is formatted for NTFS and I have my music and a few movies so formatting at this time is out of the question. Thank you for the response.

Do you plan to support NTFS with a future build ?
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
blackraiin wrote:

Uploaded 34929c with NTFS support. I'm able to mount my NTFS formatted USB thumb drive with my 868L Rev A.

Do note that NTFS support for Linux may not be as stable as those on Windows, so do ensure you have backups in place for your USB drives connected to your router, in case you encounter file corruptions.

If you plan to use the USB drive as a central backup, I would suggest using the ext4 filesystem instead.

HTH.
blackraiin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
blackraiin wrote:

Uploaded 34929c with NTFS support. I'm able to mount my NTFS formatted USB thumb drive with my 868L Rev A.

Do note that NTFS support for Linux may not be as stable as those on Windows, so do ensure you have backups in place for your USB drives connected to your router, in case you encounter file corruptions.

If you plan to use the USB drive as a central backup, I would suggest using the ext4 filesystem instead.

HTH.

Thank you kind Sir ... I will d/l and test this. Smile
blackraiin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg I must say thanks for your hard work to get NTFS working but I am not yielding those results after updating to your latest build. I briefly did see some info populated under the Disk Info section.

I am not sure what I am missing, making sure that I have followed instructions as closely as possible. I do know that I connecting my external HD to my MacBook that I have to first enter a password to access the drive then I will have access to my HD. Could that possibly be the "issue", do you think ?

I have attached a couple of screenshots below ... Please let me know your thoughts.
I am not to pressed if this doesn't work but it would be great if I can get this to work along with your help.

Thanks again for your time and attentiveness to this matter.

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 1.43.41 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.07 KB
 Viewed:  7396 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 1.43.41 PM.png

quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
The build I uploaded only allows to read/write into unencrypted NTFS volumes/disks. Encrypted volume/disk requires additional software which the DD-WRT firmware does not support. I'm afraid you would have to disable the encryption of you USB disk if you intend to attach it to a DD-WRT router.
blackraiin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
The build I uploaded only allows to read/write into unencrypted NTFS volumes/disks. Encrypted volume/disk requires additional software which the DD-WRT firmware does not support. I'm afraid you would have to disable the encryption of you USB disk if you intend to attach it to a DD-WRT router.

Yes that was the issue ... thank you again so much for your help. The one thing that I want to report is that since I updated to your latest build I have noticed a few times that when I attempt to go to the internet I get a hangup (page won't load) I have ended up rebooting my DD-WRT. I am not sure what could cause this as I did not notice that issue on any of your previous builds that I have used (and I have used your last 2)

I will continue to monitor to see if this is an on-going issue. If you need any info I would be more than happy to provide (any command prompts to gather info and i will need some good directions. I am sort of a noob but I can certainly help myself)

Again, thank you very much.

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.40.26 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.79 KB
 Viewed:  7381 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.40.26 PM.png

krispucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 17:08    Post subject: Re: Guest-WLAN Reply with quote
i would prefer to use unbridged so as to have different subnets for my network and the virtual interface.

Do you think that is necessary?

ReinerS wrote:
I had the same problem and solved it for me.

I now have a guest WLAN with separate SSID and separate password.

The guests only have access to the internet, not to my local resources. However, it took me several tries and one important step I discovered was the fact, that the guest WLAN only worked after rebooting the router.

I don't know what network setup you need, I use my DIR only as AP not as router to the internet.

I'll try to shortly describe the steps I performed:

1. Configure DNSMasq for DHCP as I have got an internal DHCP for my private network

2. Create a virtual interface for the guest WLAN, use bridged mode

3. Set password for the new wireless network. You need to reboot afterwards, otherwise the setting, especially the pre-shared key will not work

4. Create a bridge and assign the bridge to the virtual wireless interface

5. COnfigure the new bridge (IP, gateway, subnet mask)

6. Define firewall rule set

7. reboot

I found my solution by trying different suggestions and tips from the internet.
ReinerS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:27    Post subject: Re: Guest-WLAN Reply with quote
krispucci wrote:
i would prefer to use unbridged so as to have different subnets for my network and the virtual interface.

Do you think that is necessary?

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand your question right.

When you use the bridged mode together with the virtual interface, you will get two
subnets, one for your own network and one for your guest network. As far as I know, not
using bridging, you won't be able to create two separate subnets. In step 5 (Configure
the new bridge (IP, gateway, subnet mask), you define the subnet for your guest WLAN by
assigning an address of the new subnet to the bridge.

E.g.: If your normal network has the IP of 192.168.1.0/24 and your guest network shall be
assigned the 192.168.2.0/24, than you can configure the IP for the bridge of the guest WLAN
to 192.168.2.254 mask 255.255.255.0. Now your guest WLAN has the subnet address of
192.168.2.0/24.
luscher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:31    Post subject: Re: New Build 33345 for D-Link DIR-868L Rev A & DIR-880L Reply with quote
Hi Quarkysg

I find that MAC address whitelisting is not possible with the latest build for the DIR-880L (or for previous builds).

I go to Wireless>MAC Filter>Enable> Permit only clients listed to access the wireless network,

And I create a list of MAC addresses to permit on the Wireless network for both wl0 and wl1. The list is ignored, and all MAC addresses are allowed.

I need this because a MAC address WAN block does not work without a whitelist first filtering the devices that are allowed on my network. The filters I want are: Are you allowed on this network >> If yes, join the wireless. Are you on my wireless? >> If you are not on the WAN blacklist, you can have access to the internet.

The purpose is to control access for people who are spoofing their MAC addresses. The whitelist prevents the spoofing from getting them onto the WLAN.

I hope you might have some insight...

Thanks!

quarkysg wrote:
I've hacked together a working build mirroring the 33345 release in the DD-WRT website for the D-Link DIR-868L and this file should work for the DIR-880L router as well. You can download the firmware from the link below:

https://app.box.com/s/6ol5uriy9rc9fnkznljfshgd1ofghldm

File checksum as below:
MD5 - 23f4bbc82bbcc05762ac60207269ff23
SHA256 -b3cca6bb466a16a73e947d53aa5ffa3806d648cb8dfc3766404cef82d69338c4

This file works fine on my DIR-868L Rev A, with minimal testing done. I have yet to test it on my DIR-880L as it is my main Internet router, but both routers are essentially the same internally.

I would not recommend running this build if you depend on your current DIR-868L or DIR-880L as your sole home router without any backup.

Wireless configurations GUI is incorrect for the 5GHz interface as it shows a 160MHz band option, which the DIR-868L does not have the hardware to support, although wireless seems to work fine.

Tor and Transmission are not compiled in as I'm trying to save space and I don't need them as well. If you really need them, install a USB stick and get them via Entware-NG.

Have fun!
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 15:28    Post subject: Re: New Build 33345 for D-Link DIR-868L Rev A & DIR-880L Reply with quote
luscher wrote:
I find that MAC address whitelisting is not possible with the latest build for the DIR-880L (or for previous builds).
First, this isn't the latest build, it's the last unofficial build he did before it was integrated into the official build:
jwh7 wrote:
The fix for DIR-868L & DIR-880L was done in 34093 (34311 build): see 5518 and 5963 - thanks to quarkysg
However, I think the MAC filtering stuff has been broken in DD for a while. You can try 35531 (newer builds have broken wireless atm), but don't get your hopes up.
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
kings121
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello to everyone i'm seeking help with getting a working firmware for a d-link dir-868l A router i'v tried 2 firmwares dd-wrt and one from quarkysg mod builds that leave the power led on the router with a amber glow.....any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
kings121 wrote:
hello to everyone i'm seeking help with getting a working firmware for a d-link dir-868l A router i'v tried 2 firmwares dd-wrt and one from quarkysg mod builds that leave the power led on the router with a amber glow.....any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Try the steps here:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1148133#1148133
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: