some questions about yamon

blunted
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:31    Post subject: some questions about yamon Reply with quote
Hi all,

Just installed this at a friends , they are on satellite internet with a fairly draconian cap, so they are finding getting shaped often.

Just have a couple of questions regarding Yamon if anyone can help?

Does YAmon work with SQM enabled , or does the modified iptables stuff things up?

Is there a way to implement tracking of off peak data , so not unlimited , but capped , just a different cap from the peak time one? Has anyone had any success using the unlimited period with modifications to do this?

thanks in advance
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 14:25    Post subject: Re: some questions about yamon Reply with quote
blunted wrote:
Hi all,

Just installed this at a friends , they are on satellite internet with a fairly draconian cap, so they are finding getting shaped often.

Just have a couple of questions regarding Yamon if anyone can help?

Does YAmon work with SQM enabled , or does the modified iptables stuff things up?

Is there a way to implement tracking of off peak data , so not unlimited , but capped , just a different cap from the peak time one? Has anyone had any success using the unlimited period with modifications to do this?

thanks in advance

I've never tried YAMon with Smart Queue Management (SQM)... if that feature adds more iptable entries, it could interfere with YAMon. But I cannot be more specific ATM.

RE: unlimited usage... yes, it works. I've been running it on my router for years . I don't actually have that benefit with my ISP but I have the option enabled for testing purposes. You enable the option in config.file (and set the start and stop times). Then in the reports you can specify whether the `bonus` data counts towards the cap.

(NB - I just notice that there is a display bug when you toggle the option... reload the reports to see the difference. I know what is causing the issue and will likely have it fixed before you read this...)

Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: