Tp link Archer c7 v4 EU

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
arbrandes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 20:31    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote
ciscodlink wrote:

I de-bricked following this https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr7500#tftp_recovery_de-bricking had to be quick and use a PC with gigabit port since the router only stayed for about 5 or 6seconds on failsafe mode. Renamed factory-to-ddwrt.bin to ArcherC7v4_tp_recovery.bin and is working again with ddwrt. Original bin didn't work on failsafe.

I'm under the same predicament, but can't get ddwrt back on it no matter what I do. I can see the ArcherC7v4_tp_recovery.bin file getting requested at the tftp server (and being uploaded, via tcpdump), but the router just goes back to recovery mode, with the power led and the right-most led lit up.

In this situation, I'm actually able to access http://192.168.0.1, and the router presents a simple page saying:

Quote:

System error. The router cannot start normally.
Please upgrade your router. You can download the firmware from www.tp-link.com.

There is then a form where I can upload a firmware image. However, I have tried all official images, and everything from dd-wrt and even lede, but nothing works.

I have seen elsewhere that one possibility is to strip the official firmware off of its boot image. I did my best with my limited understanding of binwalk, but it doesn't seem to work either. And there don't seem to be pre-build stripped images for this router revision.

Any tips? This is a v4 US version.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Xtercise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote
arbrandes wrote:
ciscodlink wrote:

I de-bricked following this https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr7500#tftp_recovery_de-bricking had to be quick and use a PC with gigabit port since the router only stayed for about 5 or 6seconds on failsafe mode. Renamed factory-to-ddwrt.bin to ArcherC7v4_tp_recovery.bin and is working again with ddwrt. Original bin didn't work on failsafe.

I'm under the same predicament, but can't get ddwrt back on it no matter what I do. I can see the ArcherC7v4_tp_recovery.bin file getting requested at the tftp server (and being uploaded, via tcpdump), but the router just goes back to recovery mode, with the power led and the right-most led lit up.

In this situation, I'm actually able to access http://192.168.0.1, and the router presents a simple page saying:

Quote:

System error. The router cannot start normally.
Please upgrade your router. You can download the firmware from www.tp-link.com.

There is then a form where I can upload a firmware image. However, I have tried all official images, and everything from dd-wrt and even lede, but nothing works.

I have seen elsewhere that one possibility is to strip the official firmware off of its boot image. I did my best with my limited understanding of binwalk, but it doesn't seem to work either. And there don't seem to be pre-build stripped images for this router revision.

Any tips? This is a v4 US version.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I got a TP-Link Archer C7 V4 (US) set, flashed to DD-WRT, played around with it and decided to flash back to stock firmware.

Long story short, I bricked my router but I manage to flash it back to stock(Not DD-WRT); I actually faced the similar set of issues like you.

But I kept trying to re-flash, with various builds and versions. Luckily for me, in my last ditched attempt, I managed to flash it back to stock.

I followed the steps here:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr7500#tftp_recovery_de-bricking

Downloaded the latest firmware below:
"Archer C7(US)_V4_170901"
http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/Archer-C7.html#Firmware

Renamed and used "Archer C7(US)_V4_170901" as the "ArcherC7v4_tp_recovery.bin"

The eureka moment during the flash process came when I noticed that the WPS LED blinked for the longest time, definitely longer than usual after releasing the Reset/WPS button during the flash process. Ping to 192.168.0.1 was not successful at this time.

The router than rebooted by itself; all the LED flashed once, the Power LED blinked for 1-2 times, the 2 Wifi LEDS and lastly the LAN Port (the one that is connected) then lit up. At this point, the ping to 192.168.0.1 was successful. I was then able access 192.168.0.1 via web browser and login to the admin console. Everything looks like normal now.

Hope it helps. Apparently, the TFTP de-brick method still works with a Bricked Archer C7 V4 and you don't need a stripped firmware to revert to stock.
arbrandes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 13:30    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote
Xtercise wrote:

Hope it helps. Apparently, the TFTP de-brick method still works with a Bricked Archer C7 V4 and you don't need a stripped firmware to revert to stock.

Thanks for this, but I'm still out of luck. Tried a few more times with the stock firmware (and again with dd-wrt/lede factory firmwares), but the router always ends up at failsafe recovery.

Time to try opening it up and going the serial route, I guess. Oh well. :/
imyashy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 22:35    Post subject: Re: Tp link Archer c7 v4 EU Reply with quote
Dheeraj wrote:
Requesting support for tp link c7 v4 EU.
https://wikideviwi-cat.ru/wiki/TP-LINK_Archer_C7_v4.x

Hi,

Incase my PM hasn't come through to you, please can you advise where you purchased the V4 EU Archer C7 from?

Thanks in advance.
adrianppa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I own 1.0.4 Build 20170901 rel.56148(4555), Archer C7 v4.0 and i'm willing to test it.

Thanks!
eigen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello
I have TP-LINK Archer C7 which version is C7(TW) v4.0, not us or eu..

This machine (Taiwan version) can use the firwmare TP-LINK_Archer_C7_v4.x directly?

or need to modify ?
j796160836
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
I have a Taiwan version of TP-LINK Archer C7 v4.0 (TW).
Original (stock) firmware 1.0.4 Build 20170901 rel.56148(5553)
Successfully Flashed DD-WRT v3.0-r33772 std (11/16/17) works as AP is fine for me. Big thanks to BrainSlayer Very Happy

But I need some time for testing and finding out will it more stable then stock.
In next several times will test work as AP mode and works as Router mode.

A small suggestions, can change LED blinking when lan is doing data transmitting?
It seems same as stock firmware, lan LEDs only indicate the uptime. (On when pc connected.)

Downloads:
https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads
Path: Downloadsbetas201711-16-2017-r33772tplink_archer-c7-v4
Use factory-to-ddwrt.bin for flash. Cool
j796160836
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Archer C7 LED Settings Script

* Power LED
Quote:
$ gpio disable 6 # Turn ON
$ gpio enable 6 # Turn OFF

* All other LEDs (LAN1-4 LEDs, WAN LED, Sync LED)
Quote:
$ gpio enable 1 # Turn OFF
$ gpio disable 1 # Turn ON

Not find all LED Settings yet..

Refer to LED scripts
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LED_Scripts
Squatta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 18:16    Post subject: Noob Question Reply with quote
Hey, I was just wondering if I need to be on a specific version of the stock Firmware, in order to flash dd-wrt, or if any version of the stock Firmware will do so long as all of the SETTINGS are Factory Defaults.
test.usmle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:10    Post subject: dd-wrt on TP-Link AC1750 v4 Reply with quote
Hello guys,
I am trying to upgrade my TP-Link AC1750 v4 to use dd-wrt
Going around on the forum founded these 2 links :
1) ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/11-16-2017-r33772/tplink_archer-c7-v4/
2) https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/10-20-2017-r33555/tplink_archer-c7-v4/

I think that using 1) it should be better because it's last update

Here I am reading some "TP-Link AC1750 v4 EU" . and "TP-Link AC1750 v4 RU"
What does it mean the language on the ddwrt image or there are different types of flashes for different region (personally I am in USA)

Did anyone already upgraded it?
If so and if thats working good may please share the files and the experiences?

Thanks in advance to all of you guys
Squatta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 14:28    Post subject: Tested tp-link Archer C7 AC1750 v4 (US). Working. Reply with quote
Tested for use as a NAS (sort of) with Seagate Backup Plus 5TB via Router's USB. Working great, except for some reason (and it may be the browser or connectivity) the Router HTML-based GUI needs constant refreshing.

Could this be caused by using HTTPS? I didn't seem to notice it before switching to HTTPS...

Anyways, no major issues. Have not noticed a speed boost yet, but I have yet to play any video content from my HDD, as I want to set up some share permissions.

Thanks for all of the hard work programmers!

Any idea if there will be a full release soon?
j796160836
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:10    Post subject: Re: Noob Question Reply with quote
test.usmle wrote:
Here I am reading some "TP-Link AC1750 v4 EU" . and "TP-Link AC1750 v4 RU"
What does it mean the language on the ddwrt image or there are different types of flashes for different region (personally I am in USA)
Did anyone already upgraded it?

I use exactly the file you mentioned. I think US version can works normal.

---

Squatta wrote:
Hey, I was just wondering if I need to be on a specific version of the stock Firmware, in order to flash dd-wrt, or if any version of the stock Firmware will do so long as all of the SETTINGS are Factory Defaults.

I'm also finding the way to stock firmware. Now I have LEDE in accident Laughing
You can see details for my experience.
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312419
Squatta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 16:44    Post subject: SAMBA Issues for DD-WRT on TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 v4 (US) Reply with quote
I am guessing the answer to this is to get OptWare for SAMBA, but I am having issues using changing permissions on my Shares in DD-WRT. Is this a general issue with DD-WRT that would be solved by optware? Is the issue the build not being compatible?

I tried making entries to share 2 folders (1 public and 1 private):

-Private was setup for Read/Write and didn't have the Public checkbox checked.

-Public was setup for Read Only with the Public Checkbox Checked.

I created credentials for 2 people and checked the option for both shared folders and SAMBA and FTP.

I noticed that for some reason hardware that I had unplugged from when I was testing was not unmounting by itself (flash drive that was switched out for the intended 5tb Seagate). I was okay with having a broken mount, as DD-WRT just creates new mounts for each device.

Also, I found that I would have to log into the network (wifi connection) and, for some reason, I would keep getting prompted for Network Credentials when trying to access the Network Device address to see the shared folders... even though one was a public folder. For some reason the prompt for the password would come up and all I would have to do is okay it with bad/no credentials and was then allowed into the Device to see its shares.

Anyways, I got passed those headaches and chalked them up to this being a alpha/beta and had everything ready to go. I was then hit by another issue. I noticed that I was not getting full write access to the Public Share folder even though under the user accounts options I had checked that folder for my user. I thought I would be able to write to the folder even though it was setup to read-only, since I had my user checked.

I wanted a way to work around this, as I want full access to my files and was determined to be able to allow people to read them, while maintaining my ability to read-write.

Anyways, I added another entry that I probably shouldn't have, which was the exact same as the public entry I had made earlier (same mount path and subfolder), except I made this entry with read-write selected, the Public checkbox unchecked, and I gave it a different Share Name.

I thought that this may give me write access to the files if I accessed it through the second/newly created share folder for those same files and logged in.

After making that change, nothing went right. I was not able to get into the private folder to save my life. Any changes made from the router were not working. I could not simply change them back. It was like the current settings/code had no way of being reversed out and removed entirely... at least without command line, which I am a noob at when it comes to Linux-based systems.

Anyways, I restored to factory defaults and am starting over.

Anyone else having these issues?

Everything else is going well, but I thought I would be able to "fiddle" with settings without issue as long as I remembered what I changed (as I am trying to learn more about networking). That doesn't seem to be the case and that any settings input in these areas are locked in for good or not removed properly by this alpha/bets version of the firmware.

Anyone know how I can get around this easily?
Will the full release have the errors above fixed or is this across all DD-WRT firmwares?

When is the full release coming out and will there be a big build (is it supported by this router even)?

Do I need Optware to manage permissions like how I want to or should it be working the way I was using it or is there an easy way to get it to work how I want?

I am setting this up from scratch again... getting my DNS entries and Wifi channel settings going, but then I will be able to do testing if any more is needed in these areas.

Let me know.
Thanks,
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

With fw version 12-04-2017-r33986 the 5GHz Wifi settings is messed and not working. Flashing back version 11-16-2017-r33772 the 5GHZ wifi settings are ok and working again.
numlock_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
5g wifi fixed on r34080

how can we configure usb storage and printer when on bridge mode? I cannot see the devices on windows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: