New Build 33492 for DIR-868L(Rev A) & DIR-880L(Rev A)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:03    Post subject: New Build 33492 for DIR-868L(Rev A) & DIR-880L(Rev A) Reply with quote
Hi folks,

I've uploaded a new build that now uses the latest (if the binaries I downloaded from the DD-WRT SVN server is the latest) Broadcom wireless and ethernet binary driver. This build has up all components up to date. No more using old drivers.

This build also has the additional bonus of allowing OpenVPN Policy Based Routing to work with Shortcut Forwarding Engine concurrently enabled.

The download links below:

https://app.box.com/s/b4v1s342ef2dpd52j02lqtuzi1oiipco

I've also updated the issue ticket to inform the DD-WRT devs. It is trivial for them to fix the issue. Once they do, the official releases from the DD-WRT website should be usable again for the owners of DIR-868L and DIR-880L.

I've tested this build on both routers and so far it is working properly.

Have fun!
Sponsor
merrow75
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:05    Post subject: Re: New Build 33492 for DIR-868L(Rev A) & DIR-880L(Rev A Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
Hi folks,

I've uploaded a new build that now uses the latest (if the binaries I downloaded from the DD-WRT SVN server is the latest) Broadcom wireless and ethernet binary driver. This build has up all components up to date. No more using old drivers.

This build also has the additional bonus of allowing OpenVPN Policy Based Routing to work with Shortcut Forwarding Engine concurrently enabled.

I've also updated the issue ticket to inform the DD-WRT devs. It is trivial for them to fix the issue. Once they do, the official releases from the DD-WRT website should be usable again for the owners of DIR-868L and DIR-880L.

Have fun!

Above and beyond springs to mind - thank you!
myogyisg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31    Post subject: Re: New Build 33492 for DIR-868L(Rev A) & DIR-880L(Rev A Reply with quote
Hi Quarksg,

I have uploaded the new firmware from https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/10-10-2017-r33492/dlink-dir868l-reva/dir868a-webflash.bin and my 868L router was bricked now.

It's in steady amber light and blinking after a while.

How can restore back to the one worked before with firmware version 33345?

Thanks in advanced.

Lucky that I have old one and my disaster recovery kick in Smile

I tried to recover by using 30/30/30 method to reset but still failed.

quarkysg wrote:
Hi folks,

Have fun!
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:45    Post subject: Re: New Build 33492 for DIR-868L(Rev A) & DIR-880L(Rev A Reply with quote
myogyisg wrote:
Hi Quarksg,

I have uploaded the new firmware from https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/10-10-2017-r33492/dlink-dir868l-reva/dir868a-webflash.bin and my 868L router was bricked now.

Thanks in advanced.

30/30/30 reset doesn’t work for the D-Link routers. The official dd-wrt builds will send your router into a boot loop, which you have unfortunately found out.

Do you know how to access your router’s emergency recovery web page?

You can try going back to official firmware and try flashing dd-wrt again. Once you are in dd-wrt, download my latest build from the link provided earlier. That should do it.

If you cannot go back to stock firmware, I’m afraid you have to crack the router open and recover via the serial method.

HTH.
myogyisg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15    Post subject: Re: New Build 33492 for DIR-868L(Rev A) & DIR-880L(Rev A Reply with quote
Thanks, Quarksg.
Luckily, it can restore back.
But, I can't access GUI.
It's in DD-WRT after I restore factory-to-ddwrt.bin.

But, I still can't access GUI. As I was enabled SSH before, I can login to SSH. Both light are in green. It means router is working well.

How do I enabled back GUI access?

quarkysg wrote:
myogyisg wrote:
Hi Quarksg,

Thanks in advanced.

30/30/30 reset doesn’t work for the D-Link routers. The official dd-wrt builds will send your router into a boot loop, which you have unfortunately found out.

Do you know how to access your router’s emergency recovery web page?

You can try going back to official firmware and try flashing dd-wrt again. Once you are in dd-wrt, download my latest build from the link provided earlier. That should do it.

If you cannot go back to stock firmware, I’m afraid you have to crack the router open and recover via the serial method.

HTH.
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:29    Post subject: Re: New Build 33492 for DIR-868L(Rev A) & DIR-880L(Rev A Reply with quote
myogyisg wrote:
Thanks, Quarksg.
But, I can't access GUI.

But, I still can't access GUI. As I was enabled SSH before, I can login to SSH. Both light are in green. It means router is working well.

If you can access it via SSH to your router running a version of DD-WRT, then you’re all set.

Perform the following:

1. Use scp to upload my build 33492a to your router. Ensure that the upload is not corrupted by checking the file checksum. You can rename the file to a shorter file name to make it easier for you as it doesn’t matter.

2. Once uploaded to your router, ssh to your router and ‘cd’ to the directory where you uploaded the file and type the following command:

write <firmware filename> linux

where <firmware filename> is the file you have uploaded in Step 1.

Wait until it completes and reboot your router using the following command:

reboot; exit

3. Clear your browser cache and try again.

That should do it.

HTH
myogyisg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:41    Post subject: Re: New Build 33492 for DIR-868L(Rev A) & DIR-880L(Rev A Reply with quote
Great!.
Finally, I did it.
I ssh to router. Start the http using http -p 80 and I can access GUI.
After that I uploaded new one all are good now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33492a std (10/14/17)
Time: 17:39:32 up 4 min, load average: 0.01, 0.09, 0.05
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me test more.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

quarkysg wrote:
myogyisg wrote:
Thanks, Quarksg.
But, I can't access GUI.

If you can access it via SSH to your router running a version of DD-WRT, then you’re all set.

Perform the following:

1. Use scp to upload my build 33492a to your router. Ensure that the upload is not corrupted by checking the file checksum. You can rename the file to a shorter file name to make it easier for you as it doesn’t matter.

2. Once uploaded to your router, ssh to your router and ‘cd’ to the directory where you uploaded the file and type the following command:

write <firmware filename> linux

where <firmware filename> is the file you have uploaded in Step 1.

Wait until it completes and reboot your router using the following command:

reboot; exit

3. Clear your browser cache and try again.

That should do it.

HTH
myogyisg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Quarysg,

May I know that this new build 33492a has included the fix for https://thehackernews.com/2017/10/wpa2-krack-wifi-hacking.html ?

Thanks.
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
myogyisg wrote:
Hi Quarysg,

May I know that this new build 33492a has included the fix for https://thehackernews.com/2017/10/wpa2-krack-wifi-hacking.html ?

Thanks.

Unfortunately no.
novamxd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait wait wait. So you mean, I'll actually be able to upgrade past 30342 without bricking my 880Ls?! What IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?!

Also seriously, what was the problem? Do you have your fix in a branch or something I can look at?
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
novamxd wrote:
Wait wait wait. So you mean, I'll actually be able to upgrade past 30342 without bricking my 880Ls?! What IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?!

Also seriously, what was the problem? Do you have your fix in a branch or something I can look at?

Well, I did it with lots of voodoo chanting on a dark moonless night. 😬

I submitted a ticket you ca read for the resolution details. Link below:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5963

My 880L is flashed with the build your can download with the link I posted at the beginning of this thread.

It’s safe to try on your 880L.

Have fun!
anil001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg - thanks a lot for your work !
May I know if i can web flash directly from 30432 to 33492a?

also, i can see now 33529a - so which one should i go for?
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
anil001 wrote:
quarkysg - thanks a lot for your work !
May I know if i can web flash directly from 30432 to 33492a?

also, i can see now 33529a - so which one should i go for?

Go straight to 33529a. Please reset configuration back to default and reconfigure your router's settings manually from a fresh reset. Do not restore from old configuration backups.

This version will allow you to use OpenVPN with PBR and SFE enabled.

HTH.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: