10 mpbs device stops switch working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Kawazuki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 19:38    Post subject: 10 mpbs device stops switch working? Reply with quote
I have a D-link DIR 615 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) installed. It is set up as a switch following instructions found somewhere on the DD-WRT site. The WAN port is not in use.

Three switch ports are connected. One to a switch port on a router (the only router on the network, and the only device providing IP addresses by DHCP). One to a PC. One to a Yealink IP phone with a 10/100 port. Everything works okay. All hosts get their IP addresses by DHCP from the only router on the network.

I am trying to set up a Grandstream IP phone which has been reset to factory settings and is using DHCP to get an IP address. It has a 10mbps port (not 10/100).

When I connect the Grandstream device to the DIR-615 after a few seconds it becomes apparent the DIR-615 has stopped working (i.e. no traffic gets through it). The Grandstream device does not report that it has obtained an IP address. When I disconnect the Grandstream device traffic can pass through the DIR-615 almost instantly (the DIR-615 does not need to re-boot).

If I plug the Grandstream device directly into the router it gets an IP address.

I was under the impression that switch ports could act independently of each other as far as speed is concerned. In this cause I thought that the PC and Yealink device would work at 100mbps, and the Grandstream device would work at 10mbps.

I have looked through the router settings but can't see where to set the port speeds.

Any advice appreciated, I am out of my depth here....
Sponsor
Kawazuki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08    Post subject: any ideas Reply with quote
Has anyone got any thoughts on this at all??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: