New Build Is Up : 12-04-2017-r33986

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
ad19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
BobbyLee wrote:
aairon wrote:
P.S. @BobbyLee You're missing a lot you can follow the Git threads for much more information about the DD-WRT builds, and the current progress.
these forums are usually running behind as far as new news.
It takes a week or two for info to get posted here.

You can click on my profile to see all of the posts here you can look at all the post in the git threads as well, #232 I think is where it was fixed.

Thanks for all the info, glad to hear that issue is fixed. Stupid question but what are the git threads and where are they located? I've read other mentions of the git threads but I thought it was some other forum and brushed it off. Is git referring to another forum on this site?

Git is the code repository. Use this link for Marvell github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi
That will show you the current status of Marvell fw and driver.

ad19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had to do a forced reboot today, after 3 days of uptime because bonjour stopped working.
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
ad19 wrote:
Do a killall httpd on the command prompt to make sure you stop httpd and then do httpd. That should restart the http process.

Thanks for the info. Knew it was simple, just not what. Has not happened again, but now I have the info saved away just in case.
On the update I did a webflash doing the cheat to fool the wrt3200 into thinking the Linksys partition is active so Linksys will not be overwritten upgrade. Upgrade does a reboot, but I know that there are times when a power off/on will clear issues. Has not happened since the power reset.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
ad19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:

Thanks for the info. Knew it was simple, just not what. Has not happened again, but now I have the info saved away just in case.
On the update I did a webflash doing the cheat to fool the wrt3200 into thinking the Linksys partition is active so Linksys will not be overwritten upgrade. Upgrade does a reboot, but I know that there are times when a power off/on will clear issues. Has not happened since the power reset.

That's interesting. How do you fool the wrt3200 with webflash?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I earlier said that I've had no problems with this firmware, but as a matter of fact a lot of 2.4 GHz devices are having trouble connecting. Anyone else observing this?

The settings for the affected radio are attached. I have also tried with the standard 'Full (20 MHz)' channel width with the same result.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
piju wrote:
I earlier said that I've had no problems with this firmware, but as a matter of fact a lot of 2.4 GHz devices are having trouble connecting. Anyone else observing this?

The settings for the affected radio are attached. I have also tried with the standard 'Full (20 MHz)' channel width with the same result.

Are you logging? if so what is your log saying about it?

By the way Mine is UP 9 days and counting I got the build a bit early but it shows no signs of problems with 5 or 2,4 clients of all sorts including Qualcomm.
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
ad19 wrote:
myersw wrote:

I use this quite often to upgrade with the webflash and wanting the Linksys firmware still available. I took an article posted by another forum member and added some stuff with the hope to make it clearer to a newer person.

First ssh into router.
How to update firmware without switching to the Linksys partition. Updating through the web interface of
dd-wrt instead of switching to Linksys UI to install/ upgrade. This makes use of setting the active partition
to the Linksys firmware and normally you would reboot at this point to get back the the Linksys firmware
from DD-WRT, BUT in this case we do not reboot. This makes use of the WRT's seeing what the active partition is and
flashing the other partition.

I'm not sure if this trick is widely known or not, but it should be:

This works on all WRT's

Factory on boot_part 1
DD-WRT on boot_part 2
Running on boot_part 2

To see what the current boot_part is

Run Command: ubootenv get boot_part

If you get boot_part being 1 instead of expected 2 use 2 in place of 1 for command below.

Run Command: ubootenv set boot_part 1
DO NOT REBOOT
Upgrade to new webflash - DO NOT RESET

Bingo! This fools the system into upgrading the current boot_part, leaving the Factory FW in place.

(Works if they're reversed too, just change the command accordingly.)

That's the beautiful thing about this method... No reset, no factory to dd-wrt, no reentering all your settings.
You can even go from Kong to Brainslayer or vice-versa.

Phoenix853
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stock to dd-WRT.

I had an issue with initial install where I could not input a passphrase for 2.4 or 5ghz wifi. Even with the open wifi. I wasn't able to connect with my S8+ or other devices.

Also the default login/pass on the admin tab were not the usual defaults (root/admin). I accidentally applied setting with out changing the login/pass) I was locked out of the router settings as they don't seem to be the default or my own.

After reinstalling FW Everything worked. No issues and Up for over 17hrs.

I haven't tried the default root/admin because I don't want to go through the load and set up again. I suspect it's could still be an issue. So if you apply settings in the administration tab make sure you redo your login/pass before applying setting.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
ad19 wrote:
myersw wrote:

I use this quite often to upgrade with the webflash and wanting the Linksys firmware still available. I took an article posted by another forum member and added some stuff with the hope to make it clearer to a newer person.

First ssh into router.
How to update firmware without switching to the Linksys partition. Updating through the web interface of
dd-wrt instead of switching to Linksys UI to install/ upgrade. This makes use of setting the active partition
to the Linksys firmware and normally you would reboot at this point to get back the the Linksys firmware
from DD-WRT, BUT in this case we do not reboot. This makes use of the WRT's seeing what the active partition is and
flashing the other partition.

I'm not sure if this trick is widely known or not, but it should be:

This works on all WRT's

Factory on boot_part 1
DD-WRT on boot_part 2
Running on boot_part 2

To see what the current boot_part is

Run Command: ubootenv get boot_part

If you get boot_part being 1 instead of expected 2 use 2 in place of 1 for command below.

Run Command: ubootenv set boot_part 1
DO NOT REBOOT
Upgrade to new webflash - DO NOT RESET

Bingo! This fools the system into upgrading the current boot_part, leaving the Factory FW in place.

(Works if they're reversed too, just change the command accordingly.)

That's the beautiful thing about this method... No reset, no factory to dd-wrt, no reentering all your settings.
You can even go from Kong to Brainslayer or vice-versa.

Thank you for sharing that. I will give it a try on the next release upgrade.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
Are you logging? if so what is your log saying about it?

I am not logging. Right now I am having good results with a mere reboot. But I want this to work without having to resort to that. So I might start logging, if the situation returns.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
piju wrote:

i have issues with wireless both 2.4 and 5 if I leave the channel set to auto. Try setting the 2.4 to something like channel 11.

piju
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
i have issues with wireless both 2.4 and 5 if I leave the channel set to auto. Try setting the 2.4 to something like channel 11.

Thanks for the tip, I'm trying setting the 2.4 GHz channel to 6 now, as the reboot helped but only for a short while. I haven't had any trouble with 5 GHz, yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 20:37    Post subject: Re: New Build Is Up : 12-04-2017-r33986 Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
How is it running for you?

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

Finally moved to 33986 from 32868 which has been running well enough since July. Used webflash from 32868 since I'm pretty comfortable with how 32868 has been performing and decided I could finally overwrite the Linksys firmware on the other partition.

Only issue I ran into so far during the process, was that I could not get the internet light to flip to white from orange and therefore effectively had no internet connectivity after the flash.

After releasing and renewing wan ip, rebooting modem (Motorola MB8600) and router, I still could not pick up an internet connection. Wound up having to reset to "factory default" DDWRT settings and manually reconfiguring. Not horrible, just slightly annoying.

Now seems to be running fine. OpenVPN Client, Samba, MiniDLNA and some static IP reservations are pretty much the only services I've messed with.

Disabled the DFS radio, and SFE is also disabled as I had set it that way on the prior firmware version.

So far so good on wireless 2.4 and 5Ghz.
Settings are as follows to avoid other networks in the area around my house.

5Ghz ath0
AC Only
VHT80
Ch128
LL-6
WPA2 AES

2.4 ath1
NG-Mixed
Full 20
Ch1
WPA2 AES

Will post if anything odd starts happening. Fingers crossed it behaves at least as well as 32868 did!
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been using the default mixed and auto for channels on both 5 VHT 80 and 2.4 Ghz for testing purposes only and have had no issues at all with the latest build.
U.S. Version of the WRT3200ACM.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I set it to Mixed and Channels to auto and this is what it picked on it's own and it works fine for me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: