New Build Is Up : 12-04-2017-r33986

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Geraner
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Linksys WRT1900ACSv2
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r33986 std (12/04/17)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.9.66 #80 SMP Fri Dec 1 06:24:04 CET 2017 armv7l

Uptime @ 1 day, 12 hours

Running with OpenVPN Client enabled.
OpenVPN speed is nothing to complain about.(native 250/100 connection)

Very stable firmware so far. No issues.

Sponsor
piju
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
My WRT3200ACM isn't really keen on this build.

The problem seems to do with letting Android devices and Chromecasts (which are also Android based?) use the WiFi. iOS devices and computers (Windows, macOS and Linux) connect without effort.

I have tried various settings with both radios. And a complete reset. Didn't reset nvram, but isn't that technically the same as wiping the settings while writing the firmware to the router?

I am not positive, but something points towards ath1 being more uncooperative than ath0.

One example of a Chromecast (2.4 GHz) trying to connect yields these lines.

Code:
Dec 13 22:13:26 DD-WRT daemon.info hostapd: ath1: STA [HW-addr] IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 7)
Dec 13 22:13:26 DD-WRT daemon.info hostapd: ath1: STA [HW-addr] RADIUS: starting accounting session 643F6A78E961364E
Dec 13 22:13:26 DD-WRT daemon.info hostapd: ath1: STA [HW-addr] WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
Dec 13 22:13:28 DD-WRT daemon.info hostapd: ath1: STA [HW-addr] IEEE 802.11: authenticated

The device then receives a DHCP lease with an IP address, and proceeds to remain visible in the network until it times out a couple of minutes later.

Any ideas of a systematic procedure towards resolving this?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does this built use the WRT1900ACS v1 to its full potential? This is the first time I'll be trying DDWRT on this router and I want to make sure the wired LAN and wireless LAN speeds aren't effected. One of the main reasons I'm going to try this is to unlock channels 140+ on the 5Ghz band.
jeslimak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having almost identical issues to piju with my three Chromecasts.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeslimak wrote:
I'm having almost identical issues to piju with my three Chromecasts.

@piju @jeslimak et. al.

An issue that has something to do with that is being worked on right now it should be resolved soon.
It's not being ignored.

Once the folks sort it out at Marvell it should be fine and hopefully BS will follow soon with an amended release.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
@aairon

Do you happen to have a link to any discussion/development on that so I could potentially follow progress?
mike240se
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am wondering if anyone else here has issues with their WRT1900AC v1 and 5ghz on Apple products?

I am unable to connect any of our ipads or iphones to our wrt1900ac v1 using 5ghz. They all have the same issue and it just wont connect. They all connect to our ISP routers 5ghz fine though and I can connect all my other devices to 5ghz on my wrt1900ac v1, its only apple products.

Is this a known issue perhaps?
spuriousoffspring
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
mike240se wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else here has issues with their WRT1900AC v1 and 5ghz on Apple products?

I am unable to connect any of our ipads or iphones to our wrt1900ac v1 using 5ghz. They all have the same issue and it just wont connect. They all connect to our ISP routers 5ghz fine though and I can connect all my other devices to 5ghz on my wrt1900ac v1, its only apple products.

I have six Apple devices of varying age that all connect without issue.

See screenshot for settings:

WRT32X DD-WRT Installation Procedure
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569

IPVanish OpenVPN Client Setup TUTORIAL
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308565

FIRMWARE: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r8217-2cc821e / LuCI Master (git-18.276.41146-280dd33)
MODEM: ARRIS SURFBoard SB8200
ROUTER: Linksys WRT32X
USB NAS: Western Digital BLACK 1 TB Hardrive + Startech USB 3.0 External SATA III Enclosure
mike240se
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
spuriousoffspring wrote:
mike240se wrote:

I have six Apple devices of varying age that all connect without issue.

See screenshot for settings:

Thanks a lot of your settings are different than mine, do any of these specifically help IOS devices?

I have mixed instead of AC/N mixed, I have short preable off, I have dynamic 20/40mhz, single user beamforming is off, sensitivity range is 2000. basically my settings are the dd-wrt defaults.

AC/N mixed makes sense. Short preamble i am not sure what that does. 80mhz channel I didnt enable because I was concerned some of my 5ghz devices might not support it and also the 5ghz channels are quite congested here so i didnt want to use too much width.
What is user beamforming? I know what beamforming is but not single user beamforming. sensitivity range 2000 (2000m it says) seems quite high since my apartment is only about 20m large but why 0? thanks
spuriousoffspring
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check out the Advanced Wireless Settings links (there are two) in the Tutorial Sticky. They give a brief explanation of each setting.

All my Wireless Devices have 802.11n or 'newer' so I don't need previous versions.

You don't need to use Dynamic for channel width. Any device that doesn't support a higher width will connect at the maximum supported.
I believe it's an outdated setting.

I would set the Channel Width to 80 MHz and watch for send and receive errors. If you start to get too many (hundreds of thousands +) then go to 40 MHz.

Single User Beamforming is the predecessor to MU-MIMO (Multi-user, Multiple-Input & Multiple-Output).
My router is older and doesn't have MU-MIMO.

The way I understand Sensitivity Range is that it's only important when using a multiple router configuration such as WDS or Repeater. It would need to be set at twice the distance between the two routers (once for send & once for receive).

FIRMWARE: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r8217-2cc821e / LuCI Master (git-18.276.41146-280dd33)
USB NAS: Western Digital BLACK 1 TB Hardrive + Startech USB 3.0 External SATA III Enclosure
Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Strange issues with r33986 on my 3200 today.

1) It suddenly lost its active OpenVPN client connection. While I was in the GUI checking activity. Did have syslog & klogd running but I don't know enough to interpret the log messages.

So I rebooted it from the GUI. Reboot went ok. But =

2) After I rebooted the router & looked at the Syslog, the times shown in the syslog are strange Or is it actually January 1st already.

Any ideas on what happened? particularly why the times in the log are now messed up? Wonder about doing a complete shutdown & restart? Would that do anything different than just rebooting?

I was about to install the latest build r34080 today. But haven't done it because of these anomalies. And I've seen posts on r34080 about issues accessing its GUI.

This router is only running wired connections = WiFi is turned off. And it is the second tier of my router stack. It had been running reliably with everything going thru the OpenVPN client for a long time now with the newer builds.

Also, I monitor the router uptime and have not seen any power outages or Up-Time discrepancies that might have caused issues. And my router stack is on 24/7 and has its own UPS system.

Sam

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Delete wrong thread.
ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.

Last edited by myersw on Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:21; edited 1 time in total
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sam1789 wrote:
Strange issues with r33986 on my 3200 today.

1) It suddenly lost its active OpenVPN client connection. While I was in the GUI checking activity. Did have syslog & klogd running but I don't know enough to interpret the log messages.

So I rebooted it from the GUI. Reboot went ok. But =

2) After I rebooted the router & looked at the Syslog, the times shown in the syslog are strange Or is it actually January 1st already.

Any ideas on what happened? particularly why the times in the log are now messed up? Wonder about doing a complete shutdown & restart? Would that do anything different than just rebooting?

I was about to install the latest build r34080 today. But haven't done it because of these anomalies. And I've seen posts on r34080 about issues accessing its GUI.

This router is only running wired connections = WiFi is turned off. And it is the second tier of my router stack. It had been running reliably with everything going thru the OpenVPN client for a long time now with the newer builds.

Also, I monitor the router uptime and have not seen any power outages or Up-Time discrepancies that might have caused issues. And my router stack is on 24/7 and has its own UPS system.

Sam

Reboot wipes syslog data and the log starts at Jan 1st and stays there for awhile until the router is done rebooting, it will eventually reflect what ever time service your using.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the Time Settings use pool.ntp.org. It will use the closest time server which should update the time a bit quicker.

Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops replied to a now deleted Myersw post. Guess that post was not intended in answer to my above post??

But the symptoms he mentioned were similar to what I was seeing.

Sam

my previous post to Myersw now removed post:
Guessing that your reply above is to my post. Are you suggesting that I should set dd-wrt to reboot periodically at regular times? ? weekly, daily, ?

With my connection to PIA thru Ovpn client, the Ovpn log shows reconnect every hour with PIA. But the client lease time is 1440 min. [Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)]. ?? Not sure how that might apply to this issue?

Are there other settings that could be contributing? You mentioned DNSMASQ how does that factor in?

And yes there were connect issues, ping did not work. And the IP checks that I regularly do were inconsistent eventually all showing my ISP IP address. There had been some activity from the PC connected to this router last night =no issues then. Since this router with its VPN is still being tested, only 1 PC uses it * that use is only occasional.

AS I say in my sig this router is in the 2nd tier of my router stack and it is set to a fixed static Wan-side IP within the subnet range of the main router.

Thanks for your help.
Sam

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: