dd-wrt ovpn server help request

05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 0:00    Post subject: dd-wrt ovpn server help request Reply with quote
I would like get dd-wrt’s ovpn server working. I was never able dd-wrt ovpn working so while back I stumbled onto the Ras Pi3 and got that working as my ovpn server. The Pi instructions and setup were fairly easy to follow.

I recently found a good dd-wrt tutorial (or at least I thought so).. I got to the section where go into Dos (windows) and entered the vars commands to create the security certs & keys. Looking at the directory contents it appears I have that correct so far.

But’s here’s my dilemma. I jumped ahead in the tutorial to the client setup and see they copied over several files into the user\OpenVPN\config\user directory. Now with the Ras Pi setup I only needed a single copied off the Ras Pi which was a xxxx.ovpn file placed on each client to access my ovpn server. I copied that file for the the directory above on the pc and then I copied it to the sdcard on my phone for use with the OpenVPN Connect app. Both the pc and phone connect perfectly.

I inserted is an image from the dd-wrt tutorial of what the directory should like when finished. I’m thinking the collection of files may work with the OpenVPN pc software but not so sure how the OpenVPN Connect app will work will the phone. What am I missing?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: