"Access Restrictions" not killing connections alre

heiler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:35    Post subject: "Access Restrictions" not killing connections alre Reply with quote
I've setup an set of "Access Restrictions" here to prevent my nieces from accessing internet for some periods of time..

I've noticed that when the time comes, the rule is activated on iptables but it will only prevent NEW connections from their phones to the Internet. The already connected stuff (like an app that was already open) will still function. How can I "fix" that? For me, that IS a bug
Sponsor
heiler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
no comments? Sad
heiler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't believe nobody noticed it
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
You probably want to put this in the General Questions forum. I do not think you posted in the correct one.

To answer your question:
it is not a bug that is how connections work, the state information is used for NAT routing and there are related/established connections. If you want to filter those it would be a different rule or change the rule to block all traffic, not just new.

I remember seeing a forum post about this earlier but I can not remember it, someone was asking the same question and I can not find it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: