New Kong's test build: DD-WRT 34320M - 2018/01/03

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
stoney li
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it is GOOGLE causes the wifi disconnecting issue, what would be the work-around for now for us to keep our router stabilized. I was trying to roll back to the old Kongac firmware I thought was working but the problem persists....
Sponsor
Vaako
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
SinCalChewy wrote:
r6300v2usr wrote:

https://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/34015/

34015 is a really good build. I had 20+ days uptime on my gateway with QoS, OpenVPN Server, SFE, dnsmasq for DHCP, USB and overclocked to 1400 with no problems or cutouts. Best of luck. Smile

Update: v3.0-r34015M freezes after 22hours.

Does DDNS works on your R7000 with DD-WRT v3.0-r34015M kongac (12/09/17) ????
Also DD-WRT v3.0-r34320M kongac (01/03/1Cool DDNS does not work.

Mine does not, I'm not able to save nor apply settings.
Tested in Chrome, Firefox & IE11 all same results.

nvram was erased before upgrading and also when before configuration?

1x Netgear R7800 Nighthawk - firmware not decided yet !!!!
1x Netgear R7000 Nighthawk r36410
1x Ubiquiti RouterStation Pro DD-WRT r23204 std (12/24/13)
1x Asus RT-N16 SVN revision 20675 NEWD-2 K2.6
1x Linksys E4200 v3.0 r34777 mega (01/31/18 )
1x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH B0 B0 Gargoyle FW
1x Linksys WRT600N v1.1 (Bricked)
1x Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 (DD-WRT 26446)
1x Linksys WRT54GS v2.2 (DD-WRT 26446)
1x Linksys RVS4000 (stock fw)
3x D-Link DWL-7100AP (openWRT)
2x TP-Link TL-WA801ND (Bridge mode) 100mW TX-Power
Asus WL-520GU SVN 16403M NEWD-2 Eko std-nokaid
4x Fonera with Gargoyle FW

Last edited by Vaako on Wed Jan 17, 2018 19:03; edited 1 time in total
linust
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
imalilteapot wrote:
Alex_de_Large wrote:
Router:R7000
Firmware:34320M
Kernel: 4.4.109
Reset: Yes 3x
Errors: The issue that WL0 (2.4G) und WL1 (5G) crashing randomly after several hours is also present in this fw release (I first realized it in 33675M) . Hope you get this fixed soon. Sad reverting back to 31800M

How are you identifying that WL0/WL1 are crashing? I suspect something similar is happening with my 2.4ghz connection since my extenders and printer stop communicating unless I reboot.

I have observed the exact same issue on R7000 on 33675 and later, all KONG versions. It might have been present on earlier firmwares but I do not have a record of it.

Typically I get into a situation where SSID is no longer broadcasted. A total freeze. Sometimes after 3 hours, sometimes after 48...

I also get another issue which might be related. Where the SSID is still broadcasted, but the password is no longer accepted (on iPad, iPhone, and windows 10 pc).

I have a similar setup with WL0 and WL1 for private lan (same SSID) and WL0.1restricted to. IOT devices, setup with NAT and Network isolation as recommended by Kong.

I use DNS Masq and have separate up ranges for LAN and IOT.

How can I best troubleshoot last actions on router before freeze?

L
OneMoar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
would the mdns flood issue be affecting firetv devices as well
having a issue with both fire hd 10s (2017 model) randomly loosing WAN connection

they connect to the AP but don't get internet restarting the device fixes the problem
kallsop
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
This, and maybe all, firmwares don't handle all OpenVPN connection issues. I had PIA over OpenVPN lose connection a couple of days ago. Reconnection was being attempted repeatedly by the router, but it would not reconnect. Manually killed the openvpn process (kill -9 'pid of openvpn process') and then my custom script restarted openvpn and it connected fine. If/when it happens again, I will see if there is anything the router can use to detect the problem and modify the script file to force a restart of openvpn. Existing custom script:

Code:

#!/bin/bash
/bin/pidof openvpn >/dev/null
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
  if [ -f /tmp/openvpnfail.log ]; then
    /usr/sbin/openvpn --config /tmp/openvpncl/openvpn.conf --route-up /tmp/openvpncl/route-up.sh --route-pre-down /tmp/openvpncl/route-down.sh --daemon &
    echo "openvpn restarted" >> /tmp/openvpnrestart.log
  else
    /bin/touch /tmp/openvpnfail.log
  fi
else
  /bin/rm -f /tmp/openvpnfail.log
fi
/bin/date > /tmp/openvpndate.log

openvpn.conf:
Code:

ca /tmp/openvpncl/ca.crt
management 127.0.0.1 16
management-log-cache 100
verb 3
mute 3
syslog
writepid /var/run/openvpncl.pid
client
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
script-security 2
dev tun1
proto udp4
cipher aes-256-cbc
auth sha256
auth-user-pass /tmp/openvpncl/credentials
remote 66.55.135.221 1197
comp-lzo adaptive
redirect-private def1
route-noexec
tun-mtu 1500
mtu-disc yes
fast-io
passtos
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
mute-replay-warnings
proto udp4
ping 10
ping-restart 60
auth-retry nointeract
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288
reneg-sec 0
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
kallsop wrote:
This, and maybe all, firmwares don't handle all OpenVPN connection issues. I had PIA over OpenVPN lose connection a couple of days ago. Reconnection was being attempted repeatedly by the router, but it would not reconnect. Manually killed the openvpn process (kill -9 'pid of openvpn process') and then my custom script restarted openvpn and it connected fine. If/when it happens again, I will see if there is anything the router can use to detect the problem and modify the script file to force a restart of openvpn. Existing custom script:

Code:

#!/bin/bash
/bin/pidof openvpn >/dev/null
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
  if [ -f /tmp/openvpnfail.log ]; then
    /usr/sbin/openvpn --config /tmp/openvpncl/openvpn.conf --route-up /tmp/openvpncl/route-up.sh --route-pre-down /tmp/openvpncl/route-down.sh --daemon &
    echo "openvpn restarted" >> /tmp/openvpnrestart.log
  else
    /bin/touch /tmp/openvpnfail.log
  fi
else
  /bin/rm -f /tmp/openvpnfail.log
fi
/bin/date > /tmp/openvpndate.log

openvpn.conf:
Code:

ca /tmp/openvpncl/ca.crt
management 127.0.0.1 16
management-log-cache 100
verb 3
mute 3
syslog
writepid /var/run/openvpncl.pid
client
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
script-security 2
dev tun1
proto udp4
cipher aes-256-cbc
auth sha256
auth-user-pass /tmp/openvpncl/credentials
remote 66.55.135.221 1197
comp-lzo adaptive
redirect-private def1
route-noexec
tun-mtu 1500
mtu-disc yes
fast-io
passtos
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
mute-replay-warnings
proto udp4
ping 10
ping-restart 60
auth-retry nointeract
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288
reneg-sec 0

I find that udp4 doesn't 'sense' a down connection as well as tcp4. Give tcp4 connection a try.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
imalilteapot
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
linust wrote:
imalilteapot wrote:
Alex_de_Large wrote:
Errors: The issue that WL0 (2.4G) und WL1 (5G) crashing randomly after several hours is also present in this fw release (I first realized it in 33675M) . Hope you get this fixed soon. Sad reverting back to 31800M

How are you identifying that WL0/WL1 are crashing? I suspect something similar is happening with my 2.4ghz connection since my extenders and printer stop communicating unless I reboot.

I have observed the exact same issue on R7000 on 33675 and later, all KONG versions. It might have been present on earlier firmwares but I do not have a record of it.

Typically I get into a situation where SSID is no longer broadcasted. A total freeze. Sometimes after 3 hours, sometimes after 48...

I also get another issue which might be related. Where the SSID is still broadcasted, but the password is no longer accepted (on iPad, iPhone, and windows 10 pc).

I have a similar setup with WL0 and WL1 for private lan (same SSID) and WL0.1restricted to. IOT devices, setup with NAT and Network isolation as recommended by Kong.

L

Yes! The very same thing happens where the password is no longer accepted...this only is fixed after a reboot of the router. Annoying to say the least, since I have roughly 30 wifi devices still on 2.4ghz.
ludovic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
imalilteapot wrote:
linust wrote:
imalilteapot wrote:
Alex_de_Large wrote:

L

Yes! The very same thing happens where the password is no longer accepted...this only is fixed after a reboot of the router. Annoying to say the least, since I have roughly 30 wifi devices still on 2.4ghz.

I have a similar issue, where all of a sudden my Fedora machine prompts me for the WiFi password. I just click cancel, go to the list of SSIDs and click "connect" to reconnect to my WiFi. Works fine, no reboot needed.

This is on 34320, didn't have this issue before (but I came straight from 33675 I think, definitely skipped some versions before 34320).

Kong DD-WRT used to be 100% rock stable on my R7000, but ever since the KRACK fixes (not saying it's related, it's just at that time period) it's been less stable for me.
OneMoar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
@kong
there is definitely something funky going on with the wifi driver

ever since the november builds I been getting clients that are disconnecting or complains of not having internet,rebooting the router usually fixes it I have about ~8-15 devices connected on avg speeds are fine it just drops WAN without warning

I spent most of today rolling back though builds to find one thats stable I finally ended up on DD-WRT nonkong v3.0-r33525 std 10/17/17

if you have any archive of your older builds that would help I couldn't find anything older than november
netgear r6250/tplink 841v9 running as a wired extender
CloneVince
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
OneMoar wrote:
@kong
there is definitely something funky going on with the wifi driver

ever since the november builds I been getting clients that are disconnecting or complains of not having internet,rebooting the router usually fixes it I have about ~8-15 devices connected on avg speeds are fine it just drops WAN without warning

I spent most of today rolling back though builds to find one thats stable I finally ended up on DD-WRT nonkong v3.0-r33525 std 10/17/17

if you have any archive of your older builds that would help I couldn't find anything older than november
netgear r6250/tplink 841v9 running as a wired extender

You can find older releases here : http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/ Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know when exactly it started sometime post krack fixes but I don't run the ap in encrypted mode

ill run this build a few days if it doesn't have a issue ill roll forward to the first post krack build

very funky issue nothing in the syslog
may just be time to retire the r6250

but the tplink wired repeater does the same thing but I just chalked that up to being a 20 dollar pos
zfil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm happy to see that I'm not alone having massive issue with the wifi ...

I'm trying to isolate where is the problem because obviously this works for some people with the same hardware as me (R7000).

I've managed to get an incredible 3 days uptime by enabling only 2.4Ghz with the following settings (see attachment)

I leave it like that until end of the week and if it is still stable I will change a setting, (I know that setting fixed wireless channel, enabling "Optimize Multicast Traffic", "Explicit Beamforming" and "Implicit Beamforming" is unstable ...

wifi1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.95 KB
 Viewed:  7452 Time(s)

wifi1.png

OneMoar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
zfil wrote:

I'm trying to isolate where is the problem because obviously this works for some people with the same hardware as me (R7000).

I've managed to get an incredible 3 days uptime by enabling only 2.4Ghz with the following settings (see attachment)

I leave it like that until end of the week and if it is still stable I will change a setting, (I know that setting fixed wireless channel, enabling "Optimize Multicast Traffic", "Explicit Beamforming" and "Implicit Beamforming" is unstable ...

are your clients disconnecting or what behavior are you getting
on the 6250 I am getting not really drops and when the client reconnects it complains about not having internet access wired remains up

if you still get issues try dropping back to a october 2017 build I am currently testing it but the issue was very sporadic makes it hard to test
kallsop
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
zfil wrote:

I am running R33770M on R7000 for 50 days uptime now, both wireless bands enabled and a guest wifi on 2.4, so if you guys want to roll back, that older version seems solid.
dbell68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to note that the issue of Apple devices throwing up "incorrect password" periodically is also a problem in the BS builds, not just Kong.

I had success in just hitting Apply button on the wireless security tab to allow them to connect again, without having to recycle the entire router.

Tried recent BS & Kong builds on my R8500 to no avail, so it is now running stock netgear fw again because I got so tired of the problem.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: