TP-LINK Archer C7 V4 EU revert to stock

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
keymaker89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys, Thank you for the instructions on how to revert back to stock firmware. However, is it possible for you guys to make a video tutorial, it would be really helpful.
Sponsor
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you print out a "video"??
U-Boob videos are the lazy, post teenager, ineffective way of documenting a procedure. What do you need to actual see?? Nothing, it's all in the text.
keymaker89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay I too do agree but it will be very helpful despite the documented text procedure.

Also what would happen if the webrevert.bin file is used to revert to stock firmware?

Webrevert file link:
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is absolutely nothing to see in a video for anything like this. You aren't assembling or taking something apart to see how the parts are together. Most of those stupid, lame videos are screen shots of the pointer roaming around a desktop. Who wants to see someone navigating around his O/S where he stores his files??

BTW, this isn't any revert file for this version! Sad
achaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this apply also to the US version of the router?
I just want to give a shot to Lede, because on ddwrt usb printer doesn't seems to work.
allexxo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
achaw wrote:
I just want to give a shot to Lede, because on ddwrt usb printer doesn't seems to work.

Yes, it works like a charm (I have the US version)

I want to thank everyone because this brought my router back to life. DD-WRT somehow "worn" my router, and it started losing functionality. The first time I tried to restore the stock FW I bricked it. That's how I learned how to recover through TFTP. Sadly the stock FW didn't want to follow the same path.

And here came my savior! With the stock FW the router recovered it's lost functionality, so.. Happiness! Very Happy
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
achaw wrote:

AFAIK, this applies to the US version.

This model should of had a completely different model number since the components and the PCB is entirely different than v2. (There soesn't seem to be any (or many) v3's out anywhere.
achaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to do this on linux (Mint) with no luck. I just set up the tftp server (tftpd-xinedt) wich works fine, i configure my wired connection, i downloaded the right firmware but when the router boots in recovery mode, always reboot after a few seconds. In my syslog i can see this:

Code:
19:28:01 ***** in.tftpd[3052]: connect from 192.168.0.86 (192.168.0.86)
Jul  9 19:28:01 ***** tftpd[3053]: tftpd: trying to get file: ArcherC7v4_tp_recovery.bin
Jul  9 19:28:01 ***** tftpd[3053]: tftpd: serving file from /srv/tftp

As you can see all is properly configured, i don't know what happens....
fun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
achaw wrote:
I'm trying to do this on linux (Mint) with no luck. I just set up the tftp server (tftpd-xinedt) wich works fine, i configure my wired connection, i downloaded the right firmware but when the router boots in recovery mode, always reboot after a few seconds. In my syslog i can see this:

Code:
Jul  9 19:28:01 ***** tftpd[3053]: tftpd: trying to get file: ArcherC7v4_tp_recovery.bin

PNewbz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 14:45    Post subject: TFTP transfer fails Reply with quote
Hi,

I have followed the process and have transferred the Lede revert file without errors, however every time I try to transfer the TP Link v4 eu file, it transfers about 12mb of 15mb and stops. I'm using a x64 win 10 pc and have tried tftpd x64 and winagents x64 and both do the same, I've also tried two different firmware files which I've renamed as per the advice. Is there as cut done version of the to link eu v4 revert file?

Regards

Paul.
achaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
fun wrote:
achaw wrote:

Code:

I know that...."connect from" refers to the router ip...tftp server is properly configured at 192.168.0.66
PNewbz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried lots of versions of firmware, TFTP programs etc and still could not transfer the TP-Link image to the C7 V4 EU model.

In desperation I re-flashed the LEDE image then set up LuCi and flashed the OpenWrt snapshot, I had to reload Luci again but at least the router is operational, albeit with OpenWrt on it now.

I can't seem to find a stripped firmware to load, I have put a message on the friedzombies blog to see if they can produce a stripped firmware.

Until then, I have an OpenWrt router.
Vedran456
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 21:50    Post subject: My solution Reply with quote
Hi guys, if anyone still has this problem with downloading stopping at certain percentage, for me the problem was my 100 Mbit/s motherboard Ethernet interface. It wasn't able to transfer firmware quickly enough so I went to my friend who has Gigabit Ethernet interface and it transferred without a hiccup after which stock firmware was properly installed. I really killed myself trying to find a way to return to stock firmware and that stupid thing did the trick.
joskah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried reverting to stock firmware using these instructions. The process appeared successful, as I'm connected to the internet (via ethernet cable) and the wired network is called TP-Link_5DE5_5G.

However, I can't access the TP-Link interface to set up wifi, and wifi seems to be turned off. When I try http://tplinkwifi.net/ it tells me I'm not connected to the TP-Link network.

I've tried flashing 170301, 171101, and 180425. All the same.

EDIT: Success! The Canadian version of the C7 has its own Canadian firmware, which worked perfectly (170901). The US firmware on Canadian router caused the wireless to not work.

Some lessons:

TFTPD64 did not work at all for me. TFTPD32 (452) worked great.

The file transfer timed out after 55% or so. Using a better (gigabit) Ethernet cable allowed it to finish fast enough.
shahzadgodil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 19:02    Post subject: My installation is stucked more than 25 minutes Reply with quote
pocahontas wrote:
You need to install a TFTP server not a client.

There's programs freely available for both Linux and Windows.

Other than that you should be okay, download the appropriate firmware from TP-Link (EU/US).

I have followed the same instruction. But router has been stuck more than 25 minutes with 2 green light in the router

Please confirm

See attached picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: