TP-LINK TL WR940N V1.2 BRICKED FOR UPDATE FIRMWARE DDWRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
karlitozebc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 22:37    Post subject: TP-LINK TL WR940N V1.2 BRICKED FOR UPDATE FIRMWARE DDWRT Reply with quote
hello, I have a TP-LINK TL-WR940N V1.2, to which I installed DD-WRT firmware (tl-wr941nv4_webrevert.bin), I was using it as a WI-FI signal repeater for a main router without any problems, but maybe change the firmware by the ddwrt (tl-wr941nd_v2_v3-webrevert.bin), when restarting the tp-link it was no longer possible for me to access through the browser.

The TP-LINK turns on, all the LED lights turn on for one or two seconds, turn off, and only the power led light remains on, when the LAN cable is connected to any port, the LED light indicates that the port is connected.

but after that, there is no other activity of the other LED lights, there is no WI-FI signal from the TP-LINK.

I have made a simple reset and also Hard Reset (30/30/30) without any response in the lights, nor any other activity that indicates any response.

In the taskbar of WIN10, the network icon appears indicating that I am connected to the TP-LINK, but with a small yellow triangle, when making an IPCONFIG by the CMD, the answer is:

Automatic configuration IPv4 address: 169.254.81.208
Subnet mask . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . :

It does not show any default gateway.

I have also tried to PING and PING -T, placing the static IP to my computer within the subnet ranges that I have handled with the TP-LINK (pc = 192.168.0.50 and 192.1680.1 or 2 the TP-LINK), also (pc = 192.168.1.50 and 192.168.1.1 or 2 the TP-LINK), but all the responses to the ping are:

Ping to 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Response from 192.168.0.50: Destination host inaccessible.

And there he stays, repeating that answer.

Try to access the TP-LINK via LAN port using:
Hyperterminal.
Tftpd64 V4.60
Tftdp32.452
tftp2
Putty 64bit 0.70
Without getting any response.

Finally I tried to access via SERIAL port, using the same software as named above, along with a USB CABLE TO SERIAL TTL PL2303HX, using the drivers: PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1190, but I did not receive any response, it is clear that this last case, may be due to I have not managed to firmly solder the pins to the port, since I do not know if I am correctly connecting the GND, TX and RX pins to the USB-SERIAL cable, nor do I know if I am using the software in the correct way.

For the pins I have supported myself on this page:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr940n

Other data that may be useful are:

Win 10 64bit
usb-serial cable used:
http://www.mactronica.com.co/cable-conversor-usb-ttl-pl2303hx-100875548xJM

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, please forgive my English, but I'm using Google translator, I'm from Bogota - Colombia.

Thank you.
Sponsor
antihate
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you ever manage to unbrick your router? I've got the same situation as yours. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: